Social anxiety and shyness

Guest Sahib

Guest Sahib

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

I am a 17 yr old amritdhari sikh boy . I have been struggling with extreme shyness, social anxiety and introversion as long as i could remember . I was always insulted by school seniors , students and other people. I never said anything wrong to anyone but still had to suffer from all this stuff. Nowadays, i am even so scared to leave my house . I always remain tense and anxious whenever am in my house or outside . Everyone of my neighbours , relatives seems like hating me or thinking weird about me . I dont know what to do . I recently have completed my 12th class . Now i would have to go abroad for higher education . But i am so afraid and terrified even at the thought of leaving my home and settling there in abroad . I have tried stone hard to change myself but constantly failed . I just dont know what to do and how to behave . I am just so anxious and shy that all times i just remain quiet . Please anyone suggest me what to do.

Guest Singh

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ ਜੀ 🙏🏼🙏🏼

I used to feel very similarly when I was in your age. But with Guru Sahib Ji Di Kirpa, Guru Sahib Ji Blessed me with Sangat of good GurSikhs. It changed me internally to become a stronger person.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ

On 5/11/2023 at 6:46 AM, Guest Sahib said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

I am a 17 yr old amritdhari sikh boy . I have been struggling with extreme shyness, social anxiety and introversion as long as i could remember . I was always insulted by school seniors , students and other people. I never said anything wrong to anyone but still had to suffer from all this stuff. Nowadays, i am even so scared to leave my house . I always remain tense and anxious whenever am in my house or outside . Everyone of my neighbours , relatives seems like hating me or thinking weird about me . I dont know what to do . I recently have completed my 12th class . Now i would have to go abroad for higher education . But i am so afraid and terrified even at the thought of leaving my home and settling there in abroad . I have tried stone hard to change myself but constantly failed . I just dont know what to do and how to behave . I am just so anxious and shy that all times i just remain quiet . Please anyone suggest me what to do.

First thing, don't stop trying, teenage years can be awkward for many. You have to build up your confidence, this can be done in various ways, for blokes training helps. Also, decentre your thinking - by this I mean don't just focus on what you think others are thinking - learn not to care, when it doesn't matter.  

Guest dasam bani

Try reading a good amount of Dasam Bani everyday, and see if you notice a difference in the coming weeks and months. The more hours you put it in, the more likely it is that you will see quicker and greater results. The less effort one puts, the longer it takes to see results.

Finally, we must remember that doing all this extra Gurbani Paath or Naam Simran is to please Guru jee, it is still upto him if and when or how much Kirpaa he wants to do. We should always remain beggars at his door.

Guest GUEST SAHIB
On 5/17/2023 at 2:31 AM, Guest Singh said:

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ

I used to feel very similarly when I was in your age. But with Guru Sahib Ji Di Kirpa, Guru Sahib Ji Blessed me with Sangat of good GurSikhs. It changed me internally to become a stronger person.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ

Please suggest me what should i do to overcome my problems and become healthy

Guest Singh

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ

Veerji as you had written above that Guru Sahib Ji has Blessed you with Amrit Di Daat in this life. If we follow everything our Panj Pyare had told us, given it's the universal GurSikh Panthic Maryada among every JatheBandi, we should not run into problems. But if we are not following Maryada, it makes us fall prey to vices. If you have done something worth being Peshed for, you need to get that get that cleared up with the Panj Pyare at an Amrit Sanchar. Some people will argue that watching inappropriate content on the internet, or doing inappropriate stuff with your body is minor and we can just do our own Ardas, it is not minor. Or accidentally eating something with eggs is ok if we just do our own Ardas, we still need to get Peshed in front of Panj Pyare. This is the stance of good JatheBandis, among whom I have seen some of the best GurSikhs. This was the reason for my emotional fragility when I was in my teens. I had done those things and after I had gotten Peshed, along with when Guru Sahib Ji Blessed me with Nitnem Di Daat, it changed me drastically.

Secondly, what is the GurSikh Panthic Maryada... An AmritDhari GurSikh's life journey starts from Amrit Vela. That would be possible with Guru Sahib Ji Maharaj Ji Di Kirpa Ji 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽. Do Ardas to Guru Sahib Ji to Daat of Amrit Vela. Panj Bania da Nitnem done at Amrit Vela has an amazing effect on our Spirituality. A GurSikh should start sleeping on time so it is easier to wake up on Time. Going to sleep at 8 pm is not too early if want to wake up for Amrit Vela. There is immense amount of knowledge on Gurmat Bibek channel on YouTube. I would suggest everyone to watch those videos. I am not trying to attach anyone to any JatheBandi, but we should adopt what's good for us any JatheBandi. 

I would also like to add that a GurSikh should not try to fit in with non AmritDhari people. This doesn't mean you start hating your family or relatives or friends but a GurSikh Khalsa is meant to stand out. Lions always roam independently, or with other Lions.

Guru Sahib Ji bhula chuka baksh lain Ji.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ

• 8 months later...
Guest AkaaliSimranKaur
On 5/24/2023 at 5:02 AM, Guest dasam bani said:

Try reading a good amount of Dasam Bani everyday, and see if you notice a difference in the coming weeks and months. The more hours you put it in, the more likely it is that you will see quicker and greater results. The less effort one puts, the longer it takes to see results.

Finally, we must remember that doing all this extra Gurbani Paath or Naam Simran is to please Guru jee, it is still upto him if and when or how much Kirpaa he wants to do. We should always remain beggars at his door.

yes very very great suggestion! This will really help. Dasam Bani gives you courage and you will feel more confident as well and you will notice the changes youself!

Also remember Gursahib will also always be ang sang so you will be protected as well and rest assured, just believe in him.

Gur fateh!