Turning into a passport bro

On 5/29/2023 at 1:41 PM, redoptics2013 said:

It's not obvious because they don't,  reading in other languages is also not good, IK OnKar is known through out the world as meaning there is one God when it doesn't and people think our panth is monotheistic when it's actually panenthistic not to be mixed with panthestic.

FISTD1HXEAMoWbm.jpg

lol this is the kind of stuff accounts used to get banned for on this forum!

2 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

lol this is the kind of stuff accounts used to get banned for on this forum!

5 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I remember when mentioning Jhatka would get you warnings.

I remember those old days. I think what happened is that in the face of a tidal wave of historical accounts of things like jhatka and the use of sukha, including from internal Sikh sources, the old conservative stances simply couldn't be maintained anymore?    

The emergence of khojis who would study and sometimes even translate puratan texts instead of blindly following what was told by conservative, uninformed elders actually helped make our community a bit more open minded. I think a more grown up, contextualised understanding of CP in Dasam Granth also played a part. 

We could maybe see it as the slow fragmentation of hegemony of the colonial era Singh Sabha type thinking?