Dukh Bhanjani Sahib

Summeet Kaur

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Sadh Sangat Jee...

What is the history behind Dukh Bhanjani Sahib? How many parts/shabads are containted it? Which Guru Jee(s) wrote it? Who compiled all the shabads together? How many of us listen/sing/recite it today?

:D thanks for all the help

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Guest balwinderkaur

Vaaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Bhainjee, Dukh Bhanjani Saahib paath was written by Sri Guru Arjan Dev Jee in the raags Gaurhi,Bilaaval and Sorath. This paath is done by gursikhs in order to alleviate any form of "dukh" experienced by them..hence the name "dukh bhanjani" :"Destroyer of Pain": Hope it helps. :D B)

Guest balwinderkaur

yes. its called the dukh bhanjanee bayri. theres a story behind it i think but i dont really remember what it is. if someone could kindly enlighten, ill be appreciative. :D

The Story Behind the Dukh Bhunjani Berri is of Bibi Ranji ji's.

Bibi Rajni was the daughter of a wealty man called Duni chand. Who one day asked all his daughters "Who is ur provider of things". All the daughters except Bibi Rajni said that "Oh Father You provide Everything", but Bibi Rajni said "Waheguru Provides everything"

Thing made her father very angry and he said lets see how ur wahguru will provide u when i get u married to a lepper and diabled person. So he married his daughter to a Man who was suffering from Lepracy.

But Bibi ji never lost faith and started walking toward Amritsar to see Guru Ramdas ji i think. After many dificulties they reached Amritsar and she sat her husband under a Beyri tree and went to get some food. Her Husband saw these Crows going into the Pool next to the beyri and coming out white. So he did the same, he crawled to the pool of water and jumped in. Because he also had faith in waheguru and Bibi Rajni's faith He was Cured of his Dukhs.

When Bibi ji came back she thought he was someone else but then he showed her one of his fingers that he had kept out of the water and when he dipped it in the water it was cured. They both visited Guru ji and thanked him.

On that place Harmandir sahib ji's SArowar is built. And the Beyri is still there. ^_^

Sat Sri Akal:

I might be way off but...I think that Dukh Bhanjani Sahib is a collection of Gurbani not composed by Guru Sahiban. Rather, a Sikh collected Gurbani dealing with dispelling sadness and composed it into what is known as Dukh Bhanjani Sahib. Usually a Paath composed by Guru Sahiban is on continuous pages of the Guru Granth Sahib, but the Dukh Bhanjani Sahib is from different spots of the Guru Granth Sahib. Either way, it is Gurbani aimed at ridding of sadness.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Yes I do agree with ms514 that Dukh Bhanajani is collection of Shabads of Pancham Pitta Guru Arjan Dev Jee.

The perception like doing Dukh Bhanjani Sahib for 40 days or reciting specific Shabads from books like Sankat Machon Shabad Book with the belief of getting relief from any dukh or disease is not understable bcoz Guru Jee Said

"Jai Sukh Dey Ta Tuhey Aradhey,

(Oh lord if it is happiness I should worship you,

Dukh Vee Tujhe Thiai"

(if it is Sorrow I should remember you)

Pancham Pita Says

"Gurbani Gavoo Bai, Hoye Safal Saada Sukhdai"

"Simro Simar Simar Sukh Pavoo,

Kal Kalesh Tan Mahey Mitavoo"

So Reciting gurbani or shabad is always good but doing it for specific number of days and at specific time is not a rite thing to do.

Sadh Sangat please help me out on this

bhul chuk maaf

Dass Bhupender Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Guest mehtab

Although science may question the fact as to howcome the water of the sarovar in Sri Harmandir Sahib has power, i have felt it as a personal experience.

i visited Sri Harimandir Sahib for the very 1st time in this janam on Monday, July 26, 1999. During those days, for some reason, i was losing the hair on my right forearm. Maybe it was coz of some allergic reaction my kara had with my skin. i didn't get a chance to do ishnaan in the sarovar :'( , but did wash myself with the water, like my face and arms etc. As surprising as it may sound, i put the water on my arm and the hair grew back. i havent had any such problem ever since.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!