Judging Boys and girls

desiguriya_05

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep its wrong. Totally wrong.

Hindus, when they didnt want a girl, would drown her in milk when she was born (milks classed as a symbol of purity)

So many other stupid rituals too.

Nowadays, more n more, couples are becoming neutral. Ive met a few people who would prefer daughters than sons.

I can see why people have this mentality though. The son is SUPPOSED to be there for their life - meaning when they get married, their daughter in law would move in with them, look after them, give em grandkids to play with etc etc. And also, a daughter can bestow shame upon a family name a lot easier than a son. Thats society for u. However, i think its changing. Slowly.

i think lohri is not even a sikh festival. a sikh is to accept the will of god. no matter what a girl or a boy. as the parents you must bring up ur child with love and teach them the sikh way. it doesn,t depend on the sex of the child. a good child raised to be a good gursikh would make any gursikh parent happy.

Yep its wrong. Totally wrong.

Hindus, when they didnt want a girl, would drown her in milk when she was born (milks classed as a symbol of purity)

So many other stupid rituals too.

Nowadays, more n more, couples are becoming neutral. Ive met a few people who would prefer daughters than sons.

I can see why people have this mentality though. The son is SUPPOSED to be there for their life - meaning when they get married, their daughter in law would move in with them, look after them, give em grandkids to play with etc etc. And also, a daughter can bestow shame upon a family name a lot easier than a son. Thats society for u. However, i think its changing. Slowly.

Funny though...you cite hindus for being ritualistic...take a look at the Sikhs in Punjab.

Female Infanticide is a ritual in itself now.

We have the worst problem, and the lowest boy-girl ratio out of all religions in India.

For a religion which was against ritual and pro-women....I find us in a much worst state than even Hindus were back in the day.

Funny though...you cite hindus for being ritualistic...take a look at the Sikhs in Punjab.

We have the worst problem, and the lowest boy-girl ratio out of all religions in India.

For a religion which was against ritual and pro-women....I find us in a much worst state than even Hindus were back in the day.

Its because Sikhs in Punjab are following birpan ki reet now. Rather than Guru Jis teachings.

"Jab Lag Khalsa Rahe Niara, Tab Lag Tej Dioon Mein Sara

Jab Eh Gaye Bipran Ki Reet, Mein Na Karoon In Ki Parteet"

This means as long as the Khalsa follow only one path of the Gurus and follow the teaching of Guru Granth Sahib, Guru Gobind Singh Ji will always be with the Khalsa. But if the Khalsa starts following Bipran Ki Reet then Guru Ji will not help the Khalsa because a Sikh is not allowed to follow Bipars (Brahmans).

"We are conceived in woman,

We are born to woman.

It is to woman we get engaged,

And then get married.

Woman is our lifelong companion,

And supporter of our survival.

It is through woman

That we establish social relationships.

Why should we denounce her

When even kings and great men are born from her?"

Its because Sikhs in Punjab are following birpan ki reet now. Rather than Guru Jis teachings.

This means as long as the Khalsa follow only one path of the Gurus and follow the teaching of Guru Granth Sahib, Guru Gobind Singh Ji will always be with the Khalsa. But if the Khalsa starts following Bipran Ki Reet then Guru Ji will not help the Khalsa because a Sikh is not allowed to follow Bipars (Brahmans).

"We are conceived in woman,

We are born to woman.

It is to woman we get engaged,

And then get married.

Woman is our lifelong companion,

And supporter of our survival.

It is through woman

That we establish social relationships.

Why

should we denounce her

When even kings and great men are born from her?"

so then again, we tie the stupidity of the Punjabi/Sikh population who murder the girls to Hindus (birpam ki reet)? Boys is the Punjabi Soceity have always been placed supirior to girls. It has nothing to do with Hindus. Stupidity has nothing to do with Religion but Stupidity and Ignorence are an Individual or soemtimes Soceities curse.

Hi guys,

I'll put my 2 cents in to say that, slowly lohri is becoming a festival for both guys and girls, in the west side that is.

You have to realise that it was celebrated so highly because back home, a male was supposed to be out working and the female was supposed to be staying back home.

I understand the whole idea of equality, but have you ever seen a woman walking by herself in India? Do you know how PERVERTED some of the guys are down there?

In the West its a bit different now because both males/females can make careers for themselves, and back in India society doesnt allow that, so to have a girl there is something that is of great stress to the family. A woman cant go out and provide an income for a family in India, and no income in the family means no food on the table.

I'm not against lohri, not for it, I need a reason to dance and have a few drinks so I'm pro on any kind of celebration!

Hi Akal,

What I do on my own time is my own personal thing, what difference does it make to you?

Stick to the topic please.

They arent celebrating lohri because they dont wanna follow the Guru's teachings Akal, theres something called CIRCUMSTANCES and unless you yourself have SUFFERED from those CIRCUMSTANCES you have no right to generalise a whole people/culture.

Akal how many times have you been to India? 2 months out of the year? Sure sounds like it, I've lived there for 3 years, and know what society is like up close and personal.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

They arent celebrating lohri because they dont wanna follow the Guru's teachings Akal, theres something called CIRCUMSTANCES and unless you yourself have SUFFERED from those CIRCUMSTANCES you have no right to generalise a whole people/culture.

But guru Ji himself told us about Birpan Ki Reet.....and you still question his hukam???

I really dont understand what you mean by circumstances and suffering!!! Im sorry...im a maha moorakh....could you please explain this for me....I would really appreciate it. As for your personal thing your 100% right....im sorry for making that statement and have edited it.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!