THE HAIR PULLING THING

DALY

waheguru ji ka khalsa

wahguru jee kee fateh ^_^^_^

im not sure. but know how in sikhi it says that guru jee rescues u frm the dhram raj or jam dhoots or sumat by

pullin u frm your hair. is it tue that the guru jee only helps the amrithdaree frm their hair, because he/she commited themselves to the guru? an the non-amritharee doesnt get rescued frm the guru cos, he/she dint follow the

gurus instruction.

i know am not makin much sense.

is there any quotes on this frm the sggs?

thanx

DALY KAUR

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh!

I am not aware if its mentioned in SGGS ji that Guru ji saves his sikhs from pullin their hair. But, i think it simply means that, one who commits him or herself to Sikhi and the teachings of Guru, Guru ji will save them no matter wat. By keepin the hair is showing that u are following the first hukam of being a Sikh.

I am sure that who ever does ardass from their heart, will be rescued by Guru ji. But, it is most likely that one is willing to save his or her love one before someone else. And i think Guru ji will def. put his Gursikhs first.

guroo guroo gur kar man mor ||

Chant Guru, Guru, Guru, O my mind

guroo binaa mai naahee hor ||

I have no other than the Guru.

gur kee ttaek rehahu dhin raath ||

I lean upon the Support of the Guru, day and night.

jaa kee koe n maettai dhaath ||1||

No one can decrease His bounty. ||1||

(SGGS 864)

plz forgive me for watever i might have said wrong....

Guru Rakha!!!!

Gur oopar sadhaa kurabaan ( I am forever a sacrifice to the Guru)

B) Princess!!!

Guest mehtab

i request someone please tell me where in SGGS Guruji says that a Sikh should keep hair. i have seen haircuts use that as an excuse not to keep kes. they say that since its not said so in SGGS, its not important, and that all rehitnamas came after Guru Gobind Singh so how do we know whats true and whats not. and so i dont have an answer for them. please help.

i dont know if it is written in sggs but i did read a book written by sant baba gurbachan singh bhindrawale saying that

Admin Note: Please make sure that you address the Saintly persons with respect. Even though you might not have intended desrespect towards Baba Ji's name, we still cannot tolerate such typos. - Waheguroo! Network

Sat Sri Akal:

Such a reference is found in Gur Partap Suraj Granth. My father, who has read the text, told me the story. It seems that once a Muslim came to visit Guru Gobind Singh. He grew quite fond of Guru Sahib's teachings andstayed around, but did not grow the kesh on his head. However, being a Muslim, he had a full beard.

One day, Guru Sahib advised the Muslim devotee to grow the keshas on his head. The Muslim replied asked why. Guru Sahib stated that when a Sikh of the Guru is in danger of falling into hell, he/she can be pulled by their keshas out of hell by Guru Sahiban. The Muslim devotee said "Then there should be no problem. Just yank me out by my beard!" ohmy.gif It is stated that Guru Sahiban could not contain his laughter and laughed tremendously.

Anyways, the Muslim devotee slowly did keep the keshas on his head and took Amrit from the Panj Pyare. He became Dhanna Singh. It was then recorded that when the 40 Singhs gave the Bedawa because they were not paid for their services, Guru Sahib asked Dhanna Singh whether he would also sign the Bedawa. Dhanna Singh replied that Guru Sahib had paid him in full with the blessing of Amrit and he stayed by the side of Guru Sahib.

So there you have it. The story behind the question. Is it metaphorical...is it simply made up...? I don't know...but that Dhanna Singh cracked one heck of a joke wink.gif

And now for a little controversey...If Guru Sahib instructed that the last name of every Sikh should be Singh/Kaur, then why are we adding Bhindrawale to end of Sant Sahib's name? If anything, put it before.

Admin note: NavjotSingh's msg was edited because he spelled Bhindrawale in a way which might not sound so respectful to all.

It was mentioned in the hukamnama sent to kabul by Guru Sahib Guru Gobind Singh jee to keep the kesh.. So it's direct Policy/Hukam/order/command from Guru Sahib jee to keep the hair.. I used to have the copy of that hukamnama online.. but couldn't find it.. i will try to find it.. :D

i dont really get what u mean by "pulling" hair. u mean like plucking?
It's like pulling the person to ur side by pulling up his hair.. (if im not wrong)..

i agree with the below idea about pulling the hair..

But, i think it simply means that, one who commits him or herself to Sikhi and the teachings of Guru, Guru ji will save them no matter wat.

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

i know someone... his mom adn sis pulled his hair too much while doing his jhora.. and now he's liek much older.. adn his hair fell out.. he's has no bimari.. the reason behind it is pulling his hair tightly...

and now he's like.. i'm gonna shave my head cause i can't taek the way i look.... :D . adn by shving it it'll grow more and it'll grow stronger... sad....

Awsw mhlw 5 Gru 15 pVqwl

<> siqgur pRswid ]

ibkwr mwieAw mwid soieE sUJ bUJ n AwvY ]

pkir kys jim auTwirE qd hI Gir jwvY ]1]

loB ibiKAw ibKY lwgy ihir ivq icq duKwhI ]

iKn BMgunw kY mwin mwqy Asur jwxih nwhI ]1] rhwau ]

byd swsqR jn pukwrih sunY nwhI forw ]

inpit bwjI hwir mUkw pCuqwieE min Borw ]2]

fwnu sgl gYr vjih BirAw dIvwn lyKY n pirAw ]

jyNh kwrij rhY El@w soie kwmu n kirAw ]3]

AYso jgu moih guir idKwieE qau eyk kIriq gwieAw ]

mwnu qwnu qij isAwnp srix nwnku AwieAw ]4]1]152]