tatoos and sikhi

V

Count me in on that.

Why is no one commenting on the Baba Deep Singh ji tattoo man lol ahahhahah am I only the fan here?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Getae veer daas has allways seen u say ultaa then majority of the forum,gurmukho im moorakh mugadh cant learn anything atlest u learn malko ^_^ bhul chuk de khemma jeo.

Hi Moorakh,

Maybe I'm just open minded?

Afterall, I do belong to the same faith as you guys, but I'm also an individual at the same time. My thoughts aren't going to run at the same level as anyone else in the world, let alone this forum.

I'm here learning, just like everyone else, but I do like to voice my opinion; just because it doesn't match what some may think, doesnt mean I'm wrong and they're right.

Hi Moorakh,

Maybe I'm just open minded?

Afterall, I do belong to the same faith as you guys, but I'm also an individual at the same time. My thoughts aren't going to run at the same level as anyone else in the world, let alone this forum.

I'm here learning, just like everyone else, but I do like to voice my opinion; just because it doesn't match what some may think, doesnt mean I'm wrong and they're right.

Getae,

I dont see whats wrong with the tattoo i have one on each arm and yes one of them has a khanda. I dont consider my self anyless of a sikh than anyone else.

The tatts mean something to me and thats important.

As far as the first guys raising a sword to everyone with a tat......very mature.

Do you think you can raise a sword and just cut my tatts off? or more realistically do you think I would have something to say about that.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

The khalsa is known for being sabat soorat. Rehat dictates that we should not alter our bodies in any way. I.e. something as basic as not wearing makeup/jewellary to not removing hair as well as not getting a tattoo. After all, a tatoo WILL alter you body therefore you are not accepting what guru sahib gave you.

Let me just also highlight to get a tatoo, they will shave you hair on that part of your body because a clean surface is required. Needless to say this is beadbi of your kesh.

Bhul chuk maaf!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh..!!

I think tat's with Religious symbols or Gurbani are completely okay.. some people would argue 'ur defacing your body'... but whould u call a gurbani or a Sikhi tatoo to be defacing ur body?... i personally wouldn't...if its something that means that much to you then go for it.. personally if i had a khanda or ik oankar tatoo on my arm or something.. every time i saw it, it would probably proud and happy to be a sikh... it would get me to start thinkin bout sikhi at that time if i already wasn't... u all know the expression 'having something tatoo'd to ur heart'.. well this is just gettin it on the outside of ur body so you yourself can see it..

on the other hand, if ur gettin a tatoo of like a naked gurl or sum1s name. then i think tha's whack.. I myself am actually thinkin bout gettin a tatoo... something that's significant to me in regards to sikhi..

to me there's only ONE problem about gettin a tat.... the thing is when u get one, in most cases they shave/remove that hair where the tatoo is gonna go... i know this 'cause i know peepz with tatoo's.. i know it's not MANDATORY to remove ur hair (depending on where ur getting it)... so if u can get one w/out removing your hair... then i think i's all good..

but tha's jes personal opinion..

btw.. i think the Baba Deep Singh one looks WEKKED..!!!!

Bhul Chuk Maaf...

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh..!!