Sikh Names

Jassika

Guest balwinderkaur

i agree with Mkhalsa jee. but bhainjee i dont see anything wrong with your name(meanings wise or the fact that its an English name). But I think it would be better if u could get a name from Sri Guroo Granth Saahib JEE also.You needn't get rid of the name Jassika Kaur...maybe once you get your name a/c to Guru Saahib's HUKAM, you could be Jassika Kaur alias _______ Kaur or vice versa. Yea a name duzn't really matter its who u are that matters. "What's in a name that which we call a rose, By any other name would smell as sweet...Shakespeare" :D :D

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru jiki fateh jio

ur name is fine, but yea when u take amrit jus do what kaur paan ji said:)

jus a thing on the name..as u guys are saying name dont matter, well yea in some cases

but in mine(im the wird one i guess :D ..)

i had so many nickz..anyways...like few yrs back i found out what my name ment....long story...but jus in few words how/when i found out what my name ment. well, like few yrs back, when i started doing ma jaap ji shaib again....the tuk of japji sahib with guru sahib jis kirpa started to bugg me so much..when eva i used to read

from jap ji sahib >>" channga nayo rakhaey key, jas kirat jug ley. jay tis naddar na aw-aye tan vaat na puchey kay"(7th pauri i think) before "suniye.."tuk

..my soul always questioned me when eva i was on this line..

that led me to want to knwo what my name really ment..so i asked on sikhnet what my name ment! and all started from name..when my soul asked me are u really GURPREET(BELOVED OF GOD?, ARE U REALLY GURKI) and till now im workin on my name. its really hard to live up to the name, and then guru sahib ji in a shabd explained that ...union with akal is the purpose of life(being beloved of akal is the purpose) i was soo touched...

its all with waheguru jis kirpa! dont knwo what i have done in past! i guess its cuz of my grand mumz bhagti and my mums bhagti...that sinnerz like me getting on the right path. as guru sahib ji have said..peopel who do path, naam simran, ther generationz are saved by waheguru ji..and cuz of th

eir kammaye, guru shaib ji did kirpa on this lost soul!

again sorry for writting so much...

Guru sahib ji speaks to us, always, its jus i guess our marrey karraam(bad karama), that we can't hear. all happenz by grace(now im a big beliver of grace, by lookin at my self). so jus do ardas, everything is possible with Guru sahib jiz grace, kirpa, naadar.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh jio

humbly gurki

so jassika cant be considered a sikh name? the way son of guru gobind singh made out a meaning makes sense to me. names really dont say a lot about a person anyways. dont u guys know people with really meaningful sikh names that arnt even into sikhism a bit? theres even a bunch of guys with pugs and keep all their hair but do all the bad things. people try to judge others by their appearance and things but that really doesnt work until u get to know the person