Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale

gangstar1

I have read a lot of books about the situation in Punjab leading up to Operation Blue Star.

In some of these books they refer to Bhindranwale as a religious fanatic who resorted to terrorism to have his way. Some of these books cite that he organized attacks on Nirankaris and even innocent Hindus, and that he even had a hit list of people to be murdered. They even say that he was brought to power by Indira Gandhi's government to undermine the control of the Akali Dal party.

I'm not sure what to believe becuz most Sikhs hold him in such high esteem while most hindus see him as a terrorist.

I've concluded that if anything, Bhindranwale was a Sikh fundamentalist who wanted Sikhs and Punjab to have more autonomy in India due to the treatment we had been receiving from Hindus and he was forced to resort to these tactics.

What are your views of Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale so that I can be further enlightened as to the true history.???

Sant jeee was true Sant and Sipahii.. Forget about operation blue star for a moment and think of sant jee as different person without picturing the attack and guns era.. NOtice his past GREAT work toward amrit sanchars, anti-drugs, anti-dowry etc.. Thousands of singhs and kaurs took amrit after hearing sant jees lecture.. why? because he was and still a great inspiration/role model figure for our community.. Now how can a person like him be branded as Evil? (as put by govt)... Remember George Washington was once terrorist too as seen by british during Brit/American wars.. DO americans see him as terrorist/fundamentalist figure? nooo, ha they put his face on their currency.... So, how come we should say our own leader as *Not good person*.. Simply.. Sant jee was our Great leader and to them (Indian govt) he was a terrorist.. But at the end.. god knows which is right and which is wrong..

Bhul Chak ke maaf.. ^_^

sant jarnail singh was also a very out going person he gave love to every one. Theres even pictures where u see him sitting down and laughing with every one, even if there gursikhs or mone. He was also a pretty funny guy he would crack jokes about indra gandhi with the singhs, but when it came down to religion pray.gifpray.gifpray.gif he was really good.

Guest Akaal108
Sat Sri Akal:

Ok...did these books provide any proof? Try reading "Fighting for Faith and Nation" by Cynthia Keppley Mehmood. It is a relatively unbiased account of the Sikh struggle.

I agree with ms514. That book is really good. I would recommend everyone to read it to know more about him.

Sat Sri Akal:

Also, please read these extracts from Sant Sahib's speeches. They disprove many of the claims that the other books make:

http://panthkhalsa.tripod.com/jarnail_spee...hes_written.htm (the text does not show up unless you press Ctrl and A buttons - don't know why - but definitely worth the read).

See what the man had to say and judge for yourself.