sarbloh kara

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

kara - as gurmukhs have described above... for the essential reminder of our commitment to the almighty - to remind us of our actions... for us to think twice before we commit negative actions..

other points of view - gatka --> some times people wore 10-20 karas made of sarbloh on each hand in order to protect their hands from sword strikes

other points of view - self defence - kara is the gupt (secret) shaster ... a few things bhai uptej singh jee and bhai pahaaraa singh jee told me --> you can hold your kara over your fist, and use it as a hard sheild to punch an attacker in the face. you can take that kara around your fist and swipe it at an attacker's nose and rip their nose off. you can hold the kara in your fist and grab a hold of the attacker's arm, and scrape their skin off. (WARNING: THESE ARE FOR EXTREME ATTACKS FOR SELF DEFENCE ONLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

bhul chuk maaf karnee,

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

no offence but it pees me off when ppl say kara/kirpan arent weapons and just symbolic.....reminds me of those US sikhs who make their "kirpans" little symbols round their neck LOL

sikhi is a warrior religion.....not a thug/vandal religion....theres a difference....ive never heard of a singh misusing his kirpan, but either way, guruji made us a warrior race and we cant change that.... if i ran out of shahsters id suffocate my enemy with me kechere hahaha grin.gif

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

guru ke pyareoo we are also talking the same,it not that we remove our sword for no reason if there is a reason then only ,sikhs are peacefull religion BUT agar kisne hosheaari karn de koshsih ve kiti te phir :umm: :umm: boleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee soooooooooooooooooooooo neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haalllllllllllllllllllllll.lolzz take care guru sahe

• 2 weeks later...

waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

The sarbloh kara has many meanings. One of them is when you put on the kara, your arm belongs to guru sahib. They are like handcuffs reminding you that you may not sin. It is a reminder of your allegince to sat guru. The other reason is if a sword, metal bar or anything hits your arm, it will act like a shield and protect your arm. Another reason is that it is a weapon which you can use to defend yourself, another person, religion etc. WHEN ALL OTHER POSSIBLE MEANS FAIL!!! You cant just beat the daylights out of a guy just because they swore at you or somthing.

Bhull chukk maff

:e: :nihungsmile: wink2.gif^_^

Waheguru je ka khalsa, Waheguru je ke fateh!