Losing Faith

kaursk

Just wanted t o say a big thanks to all those who posted, it means a lot to me that people take the time out to listen. I have a lot of questions about Sikhi things that sometimes keep me awake at night I am hoping that you (my brothers and sisters ) will in time help me to answer some of these questions. I remember when i went to Soho Road Gurudwara at 4 am to ask them for Amrit for my dad who we were told wouldnt make it thru the night, the Giani opened the door and told us to come back in the morning that was the first time my heart shattered, I try to forget these things but they play on my mind.....I work with the community mainly serving communities that are disadvantaged this to me is like sewa even though i do not visit a gurudwara i feel at peace with the world and myself.. Once again thankyou so much for your kind words..

I remember when i went to Soho Road Gurudwara at 4 am to ask them for Amrit for my dad who we were told wouldnt make it thru the night, the Giani opened the door and told us to come back in the morning that was the first time my heart shattered,

I honestly can't believe this happened- I wondered why you felt such a way when going to the Gurdwara, but now fully understand. If only the Giani realsied that 4am is Amrit Vela (ie the morning). I hope that some day you can put this episode behind you, and can begin to go to the Gurdwara again. Inspite of the fact that the Gianis and commitee members may not be very likeable, it is still the home of YOUR Guru, and thus ideally such individuals should not be able to discourage you like this. Maybe a good idea to get you going again (if that is what you want) would be to visit in the day, when there is little sangat about, and more significantly, it is unlikely keertan will be playing.

While you say you maybe loosing your faith, in my opinion this is clearly not the case. I think you are beggining to find the faith that has always been with you, as this is what helps you feel at peace with yourself and the world, and from what you wrote, this faith appears to play a part in the sewa you do.

Hope it all works out well for you.

I think people have offered many and the most important positive things here. There is much unknown about the specifics of circumstances you mention, so i put this forth realizing that it may not be of interest or appropriate... but just in case.

There are laws against clinical negligence, especially if you are talking about a medical professional. I think you would be since you are speaking of a diagnosis. Will it help you to speak to a lawyer/attorney? Perhaps it will help to see that you are not helpless about this. Whether you have a case or not, you may take some comfort in the fact that there is a system in place which prevents such things. If there was some kind of extreme recklessness, you may wish to pursue.

My grandad passed away a few months back and i can relate to that feeling of feeling weaker and faithless at times of despair. However over time I realised it was not my faith in Waheguru that was the problem as He had been there with me all along but the faith I had in myself. Often we shun Him and do not feel we are strong or confident enough to see ourselves through the bad times and yet somehow Waheguru pulls us through. Try to stay in Chaardhi Kala and do as much Naam Simran as possible.

Peace