Never Ending Shabad...

Guest noonespecial

Guest noonespecial

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh..

Alright, so this is my lame attempt at trying to copy Japman and his never ending poem (pronounced POE-YEM)..

In any case, I'm sure we've all listened to kirtanees throw in a couple thukhs into the original shabad that they're doing, so I though, why not create the NEVER ENDING SHABAD?...

So here's the Rules and Regulations:

1. Post Gurbani (translations optional but VERY welcome)

2. Your thukh has to be in someway related to the previous thukh. (if by chance you think that the sangat will not be able to make the connection between the two, then a brief description outlining how you made the connection in your mind is appropriate)

3. See rules 1 & 2.

Shall I begin?

hmmmm

maaee gur charanee chith laaeeai ||

O mother, I focus my consciousness on the Guru's feet.

prabh hoe kirapaal kamal paragaasae sadhaa sadhaa har dhhiaaeeai ||1|| rehaao

As God shows His Mercy, the lotus of my heart blossoms, and forever and ever, I meditate on the Lord. ||1||Pause||

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh

sabh dhhiaavehi sabh dhhiaavehi thudhh jee har sachae sirajanehaaraa ||

All meditate, all meditate on You, Dear Lord, O True Creator Lord.

sabh jeea thumaarae jee thoo(n) jeeaa kaa dhaathaaraa ||

All living beings are Yours-You are the Giver of all souls.

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh

raag maajh choupadhae ghar 1 mehalaa 4

Raag Maajh, Chau-Padas, First House, Fourth Mehl:

ik oa(n)kaar sathinaam karathaa purakh nirabho niravair akaal moorath ajoonee saibha(n) gur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. The Name Is Truth. Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Hatred. Image Of The Undying, Beyond Birth, Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace:

har har naam mai har man bhaaeiaa ||

The Name of the Lord, Har, Har, is pleasing to my mind.

vaddabhaagee har naam dhhiaaeiaa ||

By great good fortune, I meditate on the Lord's Name.

gur poorai har naam sidhh paaee ko viralaa guramath chalai jeeo ||1||

The Perfect Guru has attained spiritual perfection in the Name of the Lord. How rare are those who follow the Guru's Teachings. ||1||

mai har har kharach laeiaa ba(n)n palai ||

I have loaded my pack with the provisions of the Name of the Lord, Har, Har.

maeraa praan sakhaaee sadhaa naal chalai ||

The Companion of my breath of life shall always be with me.

gur poorai har naam dhirraaeiaa har nihachal har dhhan palai jeeo ||2||

The Perfect Guru has implanted the Lord's Name within me. I have the Imperishable Treasure of the Lord in my lap. ||2||

hir hir sjxu myrw pRIqmu rwieAw ]

har har sajan maeraa preetham raaeiaa ||

The Lord, Har, Har, is my Best Friend; He is my Beloved Lord King.

koee aan milaavai maerae praan jeevaaeiaa ||

If only someone would come and introduce me to Him, the Rejuvenator of my breath of life.

ho rehi n sakaa bin dhaekhae preethamaa mai neer vehae vehi chalai jeeo ||3||

I cannot survive without seeing my Beloved. My eyes are welling up with tears. ||3||

sathigur mithra maeraa baal sakhaaee ||

My Friend, the True Guru, has been my Best Friend since I was very young.

ho rehi n sakaa bin dhaekhae maeree maaee ||

I cannot survive without seeing Him, O my mother!

har jeeo kirapaa karahu gur maelahu jan naanak har dhhan palai jeeo ||4||1||

O Dear Lord, please show Mercy to me, that I may meet the Guru. Servant Nanak gathers the Wealth of the Lord's Name in his lap. ||4||1||

(linkage - Kirtan for above Shabad)

WJKK WJKF

saarag mehalaa 5 ||

Saarang, Fifth Mehl:

rasanaa japathee thoohee thoohee ||

My tongue chants Your Name, Your Name

maath garabh thum hee prathipaalak mrith ma(n)ddal eik thuhee ||1|| rehaao ||

In the mother's womb, You sustained me, and in this mortal world, You alone help me. ||1||Pause||

thumehi pithaa thum hee fun maathaa thumehi meeth hith bhraathaa ||

You are my Father, and You are my Mother; You are my Loving Friend and Sibling.

thum paravaar thumehi aadhhaaraa thumehi jeea praanadhaathaa ||1||

You are my Family, and You are my Support. You are the Giver of the Breath of Life. ||1||

thumehi khajeenaa thumehi jareenaa thum hee maanik laalaa ||

You are my Treasure, and You are my Wealth. You are my Gems and Jewels.

thumehi paarajaath gur thae paaeae tho naanak bheae nihaalaa ||2||33||56||

You are the wish-fulfilling Elysian Tree. Nanak has found You through the Guru, and now he is enraptured. ||2||33||56||

Waheguru pray.gif

Guest noonespecial

bolahu jas jihabaa dhin raath ||

Chant His Praises with your tongue, day and night.

prabh apanai jan keenee dhaath ||

God Himself has given this gift to His servants.

hy ijhvy qUM rwm gux gwau ]

hae jihuvae thoon raam gun gaao

O tongue, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord.

inmK inmK hir hir hir iDAwau ]

nimukh nimukh har har har dhiaao

Each and every moment, meditate on the Lord, Har, Har, Har.

Awn n sunIAY kqhUM jweIAY ]

aan n suneeai kuthehoon jaaeeai

Do not listen to any other, and do not go anywhere else.

swDsMgiq vfBwgI pweIAY ]2]

saadhusungath vuddubhaagee paaeeai

By great good fortune, you shall find the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. ||2||

maerae maadhho jee sathasa(n)gath milae s thariaa ||

O my Dear Lord of souls, one who joins the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation, is saved.

gur parasaadh param padh paaeiaa sookae kaasatt hariaa ||1|| rehaao ||

By Guru's Grace, the supreme status is obtained, and the dry wood blossoms forth again in lush greenery. ||1||Pause||