Useful Software

Balait_da_Sher

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I heard that there is a Software that you can scan the pages from any book and it coverts it into text, rathar than wasting the time typing the whole thing. Does anyone know/has that Software? I need it.

Thanks.

124343[/snapback]

I wanted to reply to this for sometime but i didnt have internet access. neways here is the best OCR software i have found so far cos i used it to convert some sakhis from Digital images to text.

http://www.abbyy.com/

abbyy finereader is really good :)

i have ABBYY FINEREADER 7.0 PROFESSIONAL but i think there is a new version out.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I heard that there is a Software that you can scan the pages from any book and it coverts it into text, rathar than wasting the time typing the whole thing. Does anyone know/has that Software? I need it.

Thanks.

124343[/snapback]

I wanted to reply to this for sometime but i didnt have internet access. neways here is the best OCR software i have found so far cos i used it to convert some sakhis from Digital images to text.

http://www.abbyy.com/

abbyy finereader is really good :)

i have ABBYY FINEREADER 7.0 PROFESSIONAL but i think there is a new version out.

124888[/snapback]

Blait Da Sher Ji, is it free or i have to pay for it?

okay.. jsingh.. our techie guy.. I have one dvd and i want to burn several dvd's out of that.. How can i do that? i can't copy it because the stupid guy put copy protected thingy :BL

123855[/snapback]

Get freeware like DVDDecrypter and DVDShrink and away you go.

You can read up and download the freeware from the folowing site :

www.mrbass.org

www.doom9.org also has useful guides.

• 3 weeks later...
Any1 know where to get a 3d CAD software from??????????

124911[/snapback]

Well i use Sketch Up from @tlast software, wicked awsome software, the best i would say and then to give it a final effect you can use maya, artlantis and other rendering software.

www.sketchup.com

vaheguru ji ka khalsa

vaheguru ji ki fateh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

try MIRC for expensive softwares. you can get cubase one od the expensive software for musix mixing for free. get mirc.

Ok this is the thread to list useful software, rules are to post the name of the software, category and then brief description along with its manufacturer's website. This way sangat can benefit from good software and we have something as reference.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anti- Spyware programs

Category : spyware

Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) is a security technology that helps protect Windows users from spyware and other potentially unwanted software. Known spyware on your computer can be detected and removed.

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/s...re/default.mspx

will add more during normal hours....

85978[/snapback]