Todays Hukamnama

naam_jap

BILAAVAL, FOURTH MEHL

My consciousness is lured by emotional attachment and corruption; is is filled with evil-minded filth. I cannot serve You, O God; I am ignorant how can I cross over? || 1 || O my mind, chant the Name of the Lord, the Lord, the Lord of man. God has showered His Mercy upon His humble servant; meeting with the True Guru, he is carried across. || 1 || Pause || O my Father, my Lord and Master, Lord God, please bless me with such understanding, that I may sing Your Praises. Those who are attached to You are saved, like iron which is carried across with wood. || 2 || The faithless cynics have little or no understanding; they do not serve the Lord, Har, Har. Those beings are unfortunate and vicious; they die, and are consigned to reincarnation, over and over again. || 3 || Those whom You unite with Yourself, O Lord and Master, bathe in the Gurus cleansing pool of contentment. Vibrating upon the Lord, the filth of their evil-mindedness is washed away; servant Nanak is carried across. || 4 || 3 ||

Tuesday, 25th Saawan (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ang: 799)

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!

BILAAVAL, FIFTH MEHL:

Without the Lord, nothing is of any use. You are totally attached to that Enticer Maya; she is enticing you. || 1 || Pause || You shall have to leave behind your gold, your woman and your beautiful bed; you shall have to depart in an instant. You are entangled in the lures of sexual pleasures, and you are eating poisonous drugs. || 1 || You have built and adorned a palace of straw, and under it, you light a fire. Sitting all puffed-up in such a castle, you stubborn-minded fool, what do you think you will gain? || 2 || The five thieves stand over your head and seize you. Grabbing you by your hair, they will drive you on. You do not see them, you blind and ignorant fool; intoxicated with ego, you just keep sleeping. || 3 || The net has been spread out, and the bait has been scattered; like a bird, you are being trapped. Says Nanak, my bonds have been broken; I meditate on the True Guru, the Primal Being. || 4 || 2 || 88 ||

Wednesday, 26th Saawan (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 821)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEUGURU JI KI FATEH !!

BILAAVAL, FIFTH MEHL:

The Perfect Guru has has saved me. He has enshrined the Ambrosial Name of the Lord within my heart, and the filth of countless incarnations has been washed away. || 1 || Pause || The demons and wicked enemies are driven out, by meditating, and chanting the Chant of the Perfect Guru. What can any wretched creature do to me? The radiance of my God is gloriously great. || 1 || Meditating, meditating, meditating in remembrance, I have found peace; I have enshrined His Lotus Feet within my mind. Slave Nanak has entered His Sanctuary; there is none above Him. || 2 || 12 || 98 ||

Thursday, 27th Saawan (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 823) ]

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEUGURU JI KI FATEH !!

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh !!

RAAG SOOHEE, THIRD MEHL, TENTH HOUSE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Do not praise the world; it shall simply pass away. Do not praise other people; they shall die and turn to dust. || 1 || Waaho! Waaho! Hail, hail to my Lord and Master. As Gurmukh, forever praise the One who is forever True, Independent and Carefree. || 1 || Pause || Making worldly friendships, the self-willed manmukhs burn and die. In the City of Death, they are bound and gagged and beaten; this opportunity shall never come again. || 2 || The lives of the Gurmukhs are fruitful and blessed; they are committed to the True Word of the Shabad. Their souls are illuminated by the Lord, and they dwell in peace and pleasure. || 3 || Those who forget the Word of the Gurus Shabad are engrossed in the love of duality. Their hunger and thirst never leave them, and night and day, they wander around burning. || 4 || Those who make friendships with the wicked, and harbor animosity to the Saints, shall drown with their families, and their entire lineage shall be obliterated. || 5 || It is not good to slander anyone, but the foolish, self-willed manmukhs still do it. The faces of the slanderers turn black, and they fall into the most horrible hell. || 6 || O mind, as you serve, so do you become, and so are the deeds that you do. Whatever you yourself plant, that is what you shall have to eat; nothing else can be said about this. || 7 || The speech of the great spiritual beings has a higher purpose. They are filled to over-flowing with Ambrosial Nectar, and they have absolutely no greed at all. || 8 || The virtuous accumulate virtue, and teach others. Those who meet with them are so very fortunate; night and day, they chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord. || 9 || He who created the Universe, gives sustenance to it. The One Lord alone is the Great Giver. He Himself is the True Master. || 10 || That True Lord is always with you; the Gurmukh is blessed with His Glance of Grace. He Himself shall forgive you, and merge you into Himself; forever cherish and contemplate God. || 11 || The mind is impure; only the True Lord is pure. So how can it merge into Him? God merges it into Himself, and then it remains merged; through the Word of His Shabad, the ego is burnt away. || 12 || Cursed is the life in this world, of one who forgets her True Husband Lord. The Lord grants His Mercy, and she does not forget Him, if she contemplates the Gurus Teachings. || 13 || The True Guru unites her, and so she remains united with Him, with the True Lord enshrined within her heart. And so united, she will not be separated again; she remains in the love and affection of the Guru. || 14 || I praise my Husband Lord, contemplating the Word of the Gurus Shabad. Meeting with my Beloved, I have found peace; I am His most beautiful and happy soul-bride. || 15 || The mind of the self-willed manmukh is not softened; his consciousness is totally polluted and stone-hearted. Even if the venomous snake is fed on milk, it shall still be filled with poison. || 16 || He Himself does who else should I ask? He Himself is the Forgiving Lord. Through the Gurus Teachings, filth is washed away, and then, one is embellished with the ornament of Truth. || 17 || True is the Banker, and True are His traders. The false ones cannot remain there. They do not love the Truth they are consumed by their pain. || 18 || The world wanders around in the filth of egotism; it dies, and is re-born, over and again. He acts in accordance with the karma of his past actions, which no one can erase. || 19 || But if he joins the Society of the Saints, then he comes to embrace love for the Truth. Praising the True Lord with a truthful mind, he becomes true in the Court of the True Lord. || 20 || The Teachings of the Perfect Guru are perfect; meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, day and night. Egotism and self-conceit are terrible diseases; tranquility and stillness come from within. || 21 || I praise my Guru; bowing down to Him again and again, I fall at His Feet. I place my body and mind in offering unto Him, eradicating self-conceit from within. || 22 || Indecision leads to ruin; focus your attention on the One Lord. Renounce egotism and self-conceit, and remain merged in Truth. || 23 || Those who meet with the True Guru are my Siblings of Destiny; they are committed to the True Word of the Shabad. Those who merge with the True Lord shall not be separated again; they are judged to be True in the Court of the Lord. || 24 || They are my Siblings of Destiny, and they are my friends, who serve the True Lord. They sell off their sins and demerits like straw, and enter into the partnership of virtue. || 25 || In the partnership of virtue, peace wells up, and they perform true devotional worship service. They deal in Truth, through the Word of the Gurus Shabad, and they earn the profit of the Naam. || 26 || Gold and silver may be earned by committing sins, but they will not go with you when you die. Nothing will go with you in the end, except the Name; all are plundered by the Messenger of Death. || 27 || The Lords Name is the nourishment of the mind; cherish it, and preserve it carefully within your heart. This nourishment is inexhaustible; it is always with the Gurmukhs. || 28 || O mind, if you forget the Primal Lord, you shall depart, having lost your honor. This world is engrossed in the love of duality; follow the Gurus Teachings, and meditate on the True Lord. || 29 || The Lords value cannot be estimated; the Lords Praises cannot be written down. When ones mind and body are attuned to the Word of the Gurus Shabad, one remains merged in the Lord. || 30 || My Husband Lord is playful; He has imbued me with His Love, with natural ease. The soul-bride is imbued with His Love, when her Husband Lord merges her into His Being. || 31 || Even those who have been separated for so very long, are reunited with Him, when they serve the True Guru. The nine treasures of the Naam, the Name of the Lord, are deep within the nucleus of the self; consuming them, they are still never exhausted. Chant the Glorious Praises of the Lord, with natural ease. || 32 || They are not born, and they do not die; they do not suffer in pain. Those who are protected by the Guru are saved. They celebrate with the Lord. || 33 || Those who are united with the Lord, the True Friend, are not separated again; night and day, they remain blended with Him. In this world, only a rare few are known, O Nanak, to have obtained the True Lord. || 34 || 1 || 3 ||

Friday, 28th Saawan (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ang: 755)

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh !!

SORATH, THIRD MEHL, FIRST HOUSE, TI-TUKAS:

You always preserve the honor of Your devotees, O Dear Lord; You have protected them from the very beginning of time. You protected Your servant Prahlaad, O Dear Lord, and annihilated Harnaakhash. The Gurmukhs place their faith in the Dear Lord, but the self-willed manmukhs are deluded by doubt. || 1 || O Dear Lord, this is Your Glory. You preserve the honor of Your devotees, O Lord Master; Your devotees seek Your Sanctuary. || Pause || The Messenger of Death cannot touch Your devotees; death cannot even approach them. The Name of the Lord alone abides in their minds; through the Naam, the Name of the Lord, they find liberation. Wealth and all the spiritual powers of the Siddhis fall at the feet of the Lords devotees; they obtain peace and poise from the Guru. || 2 || The self-willed manmukhs have no faith; they are filled with greed and self-interest. They are not Gurmukh they do not understand the Word of the Shabad in their hearts; they do not love the Naam, the Name of the Lord. Their masks of falsehood and hypocrisy shall fall off; the self-willed manmukhs speak with insipid words. || 3 || You are pervading through Your devotees, O Dear God; through Your devotees, You are known.All the people are enticed by Maya; they are Yours, Lord You alone are the Architect of Destiny. Overcoming my egotism and quieting the desires within my mind, I have come to realize the Word of the Gurus Shabad. || 4 || God automatically does the work of those who love the Name of the Lord. By Gurus Grace, he ever dwells in their minds, and He resolves all their affairs. Whoever challenges them is destroyed; they have the Lord God as their Savior. || 5 || Without serving the True Guru, no one finds the Lord; the self-willed manmukhs die crying out in pain. They come and go, and find no place of rest; in pain and suffering, they perish. But one who becomes Gurmukh drinks in the Ambrosial Nectar, and is easily absorbed in the True Name. || 6 || Without serving the True Guru, one cannot escape reincarnation, even by performing numerous rituals. Those who read the Vedas, and argue and debate without the Lord, lose their honor. True is the True Guru, and True is the Word of His Bani; in the Gurus Sanctuary, one is saved. || 7 || Those whose minds are filled with the Lord are judged as true in the Court of the Lord; they are hailed as true in the True Court. Their praises echo throughout the ages, and no one can erase them. Nanak is forever a sacrifice to those who enshrine the Lord within their hearts. || 8 || 1 ||

Monday, 31st Saawan (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 637)

DHANAASAREE, THIRD MEHL, SECOND HOUSE, CHAU-PADAS:

This wealth is inexhaustible. It shall never be exhausted, and it shall never be lost. The Perfect True Guru has revealed it to me. I am forever a sacrifice to my True Guru. By Gurus Grace, I have enshrined the Lord within my mind. || 1 || They alone are wealthy, who lovingly attune themselves to the Lords Name. The Perfect Guru has revealed to me the Lords treasure; by the Lords Grace, it has come to abide in my mind. || Pause || He is rid of his demerits, and his heart is permeated with merit and virtue. By Gurus Grace, he naturally dwells in celestial peace. True is the Word of the Perfect Gurus Bani. They bring peace to the mind, and celestial peace is absorbed within. || 2 || O my humble Siblings of Destiny, behold this strange and wonderful thing: duality is overcome, and the Lord dwells within his mind. The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is priceless; it cannot be taken. By Gurus Grace, it comes to abide in the mind. || 3 || He is the One God, abiding within all. Through the Gurus Teachings, He is revealed in the heart. One who intuitively knows and realizes God, O Nanak, obtains the Naam; his mind is pleased and appeased. || 4 || 1 ||

Tuesday, 1st Bhaadon (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 663)

SORATH, FIFTH MEHL:

I meditated on my Guru. I met with Him, and returned home in joy. This is the glorious greatness of the Naam. Its value cannot be estimated. || 1 || O Saints, worship and adore the Lord, Har, Har, Har. Worship the Lord in adoration, and you shall obtain everything; your affairs shall all be resolved. || Pause || He alone is attached in loving devotion to God, who realizes his great destiny. Servant Nanak meditates on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. He obtains the rewards of all joys and peace. || 2 || 12 || 76 ||

Wednesday, 2nd Bhaadon (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG : 627)

SORATH, THIRD MEHL, FIRST HOUSE:

All of Your servants, who relish the Word of Your Shabad, serve You. By Gurus Grace, they become pure, eradicating self-conceit from within. Night and day, they continually sing the Glorious Praises of the True Lord; they are adorned with the Word of the Gurus Shabad. || 1 || O my Lord and Master, I am Your child; I seek Your Sanctuary. You are the One and Only Lord, the Truest of the True; You Yourself are the Destroyer of ego. || Pause || Those who remain wakeful obtain God; through the Word of the Shabad, they conquer their ego. Immersed in family life, the Lords humble servant ever remains detached; he reflects upon the essence of spiritual wisdom. Serving the True Guru, he finds eternal peace, and he keeps the Lord enshrined in his heart. || 2 || This mind wanders in the ten directions; it is consumed by the love of duality. The foolish self-willed manmukh does not remember the Lords Name; he wastes away his life in vain. But when he meets the True Guru, then he obtains the Name; he sheds egotism and emotional attachment. || 3 || The Lords humble servants are True they practice Truth, and reflect upon the Word of the Gurus Shabad. The True Lord God unites them with Himself, and they keep the True Lord enshrined in their hearts. O Nanak, through the Name, I have obtained salvation and understanding; this alone is my wealth. || 4 || 1 ||

Thursday, 3rd Bhaadon (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG : 599-600)

:wub:

SORATH, FIFTH MEHL:

The Perfect Guru has attached me to His feet. I have obtained the Lord as my companion, my support, my best friend. Wherever I go, I am happy there. By His Kind Mercy, God united me with Himself. || 1 || So sing forever the Glorious Praises of the Lord with loving devotion. You shall obtain all the fruits of your minds desires, and the Lord shall become the companion and the support of your soul. || 1 || Pause || The Lord is the support of the breath of life. I am the dust of the feet of the Holy people. I am a sinner, but the Lord made me pure. By His Kind Mercy, the Lord blessed me with His Praises. || 2 || The Supreme Lord God cherishes and nurtures me. He is always with me, the Protector of my soul. Singing the Kirtan of the Lords Praises day and night, I shall not be consigned to reincarnation again. || 3 || One who is blessed by the Primal Lord, the Architect of Destiny, realizes the subtle essence of the Lord. The Messenger of Death does not come near him. In the Lords Sanctuary, Nanak has found peace. || 4 || 9 || 59 || pray.gif

Friday, 4th Bhaadon (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 623)

SORATH, FIFTH MEHL:

I met the True Guru, by great good fortune, and my mind has been enlightened. No one else can equal me, because I have the loving support of my Lord and Master. || 1 || I am a sacrifice to my True Guru. I am at peace in this world, and I shall be in celestial peace in the next; my home is filled with bliss. || Pause || He is the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts, the Creator, my Lord and Master. I have become fearless, attached to the Gurus feet; I take the Support of the Name of the One Lord. || 2 || Fruitful is the Blessed Vision of His Darshan; the Form of God is deathless; He is and shall always be. He hugs His humble servants close, and protects and preserves them; their love for Him is sweet to Him. || 3 || Great is His glorious greatness, and wondrous is His magnificence; through Him, all affairs are resolved. Nanak has met with the Perfect Guru; all his sorrows have been dispelled. || 4 || 5 ||