Todays Hukamnama

naam_jap

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!!!!!

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

The Simritees, the Vedas, the Puraanas and the other holy scriptures proclaim that without the Naam, everything is false and worthless. || 1 || The infinite treasure of the Naam abides within the minds of the devotees. Birth and death, attachment and suffering, are erased in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. || 1 || Pause || Those who indulge in attachment, conflict and egotism shall surely weep and cry. Those who are separated from the Naam shall never find any peace. || 2 || Crying out, Mine! Mine!, he is bound in bondage. Entangled in Maya, he is reincarnated in heaven and hell. || 3 || Searching, searching, searching, I have come to understand the essence of reality. Without the Naam, there is no peace at all, and the mortal will surely fail. || 4 || Many come and go; they die, and die again, and are reincarnated. Without understanding, they are totally useless, and they wander in reincarnation. || 5 || They alone join the Saadh Sangat, unto whom the Lord becomes Merciful. They chant and meditate on the Ambrosial Name of the Lord. || 6 || Uncounted millions, so many they are endless, search for Him. But only that one, who understands his own self, sees God near at hand. || 7 || Never forget me, O Great Giver please bless me with Your Naam.To sing Your Glorious Praises day and night O Nanak, this is my heart-felt desire. || 8 || 2 || 5 || 16 ||

Saturday, 3 Assu (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 761)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JAITSREE, FIFTH MEHL, THIRD HOUSE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Does anyone know, who is our friend in this world? He alone understands this, whom the Lord blesses with His Mercy. Immaculate and unstained is his way of life. || 1 || Pause || Mother, father, spouse, children, relatives, lovers, friends and siblings meet, having been associated in previous lives; but none of them will be your companion and support in the end. || 1 || Pearl necklaces, gold, rubies and diamonds please the mind, but they are only Maya. Possessing them, one passes his life in agony; he obtains no contentment from them. || 2 || Elephants, chariots, horses as fast as the wind, wealth, land, and armies of four kinds none of these will go with him; he must get up and depart, naked. || 3 || The Lords Saints are the beloved lovers of God; sing of the Lord, Har, Har, with them. O Nanak, in the Society of the Saints, you shall obtain peace in this world, and in the next world, your face shall be radiant and bright. || 4 || 1 ||

Sunday, 4 Assu (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 700)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!

DHANAASAREE, THIRD MEHL:

The ignorant fools amass false wealth. The blind, foolish, self-willed manmukhs have gone astray. Poisonous wealth brings constant pain. It will not go with you, and it will not yield any profit. || 1 || True wealth is obtained through the Gurus Teachings. False wealth continues coming and going. || Pause || The foolish self-willed manmukhs all go astray and die. They drown in the terrifying world-ocean, and they cannot reach either this shore, or the one beyond. But by perfect destiny, they meet the True Guru; imbued with the True Name, day and night, they remain detached from the world. || 2 || Throughout the four ages, the True Bani of His Word is Ambrosial Nectar. By perfect destiny, one is absorbed in the True Name. The Siddhas, the seekers and all men long for the Name. It is obtained only by perfect destiny. || 3 || The True Lord is everything; He is True. Only a few realize the exalted Lord God. He is the Truest of the True; He Himself implants the True Name within. O Nanak, the Lord Himself sees all; He Himself links us to the Truth. || 4 || 7 ||

Monday, 5 Assu (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 665)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEUGRU JI KI FATEH !!!!!!!!!!

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

SOOHEE, FIRST MEHL:

That vessel alone is pure, which is pleasing to Him. The filthiest vessel does not become pure, simply by being washed. Through the Gurdwara, the Gurus Gate, one obtains understanding. By being washed through this Gate, it becomes pure. The Lord Himself sets the standards to differentiate between the dirty and the pure. Do not think that you will automatically find a place of rest hereafter. According to the actions one has committed, so does the mortal become. He Himself bestows the Ambrosial Name of the Lord. Such a mortal departs with honor and renown; his life is embellished and redeemed, and the trumpets resound with his glory. Why speak of poor mortals? His glory shall echo throughout the three worlds. O Nanak, he himself shall be enraptured, and he shall save his entire ancestry. || 1 || 4 || 6 ||

Tuesday, 6 Assu (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 730)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!!!!!!!!!

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

Without the Name of the Lord, everyone wanders around the world, losing. The self-willed manmukhs do their deeds in the pitch black darkness of egotism. The Gurmukhs drink in the Ambrosial Nectar, O Nanak, contemplating the Word of the Shabad. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: He wakes in peace, and he sleeps in peace. The Gurmukh praises the Lord night and day. The self-willed manmukh remains deluded by his doubts. He is filled with anxiety, and he cannot even sleep. The spiritually wise wake and sleep in peace. Nanak is a sacrifice to those who are imbued with the Naam, the Name of the Lord. || 2 || PAUREE: They alone meditate on the Lords Name, who are imbued with the Lord. They meditate on the One Lord; the One and Only Lord is True. The One Lord is pervading everywhere; the One Lord created the Universe. Those who meditate on the Lords Name, cast out their fears. The Lord Himself blesses them with Gurus Instruction; the Gurmukh meditates on the Lord. || 9 ||

Wednesday, 7 Assu (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 645-646)

JAITSREE, FOURTH MEHL:

The Lords Name does not abide within their hearts their mothers should have been sterile. These bodies wander around, forlorn and abandoned, without the Name; their lives waste away, and they die, crying out in pain. || 1 || O my mind, chant the Name of the Lord, the Lord within you. The Merciful Lord God, Har, Har, has showered me with His Mercy; the Guru has imparted spiritual wisdom to me, and my mind has been instructed. || Pause || In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Kirtan of the Lords Praise brings the most noble and exalted status; the Lord is found through the True Guru. I am a sacrifice to my True Guru, who has revealed the Lords hidden Name to me. || 2 || By great good fortune, I obtained the Blessed Vision of the Darshan of the Holy; it removes all stains of sin. I have found the True Guru, the great, all-knowing King; He has shared with me the many Glorious Virtues of the Lord. || 3 || Those, unto whom the Lord, the Life of the world, has shown Mercy, enshrine Him within their hearts, and cherish Him in their minds. The Righteous Judge of Dharma, in the Court of the Lord, has torn up my papers; servant Nanaks account has been settled. || 4 || 5 ||

Friday, 9 Assu (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page : 697)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!!!!!!

BAIRAAREE, FOURTH MEHL:

The Lords humble servant sings the Glorious Praises of the Lords Name. Even if someone slanders the Lords humble servant, he does not give up his own goodness. || 1 || Pause || Whatever the Lord and Master does, He does by Himself; the Lord Himself does the deeds. The Lord and Master Himself imparts understanding; the Lord Himself inspires us to speak. || 1 || The Lord Himself directs the evolution of the world of the five elements; He Himself infuses the five senses into it. O servant Nanak, the Lord Himself unites us with the True Guru; He Himself resolves the conflicts. || 2 || 3 ||

Saturday, 10 Assu (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 719)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

SORATH, FIFTH MEHL:

The Perfect Guru has attached me to His feet. I have obtained the Lord as my companion, my support, my best friend. Wherever I go, I am happy there. By His Kind Mercy, God united me with Himself. || 1 || So sing forever the Glorious Praises of the Lord with loving devotion. You shall obtain all the fruits of your minds desires, and the Lord shall become the companion and the support of your soul. || 1 || Pause || The Lord is the support of the breath of life. I am the dust of the feet of the Holy people. I am a sinner, but the Lord made me pure. By His Kind Mercy, the Lord blessed me with His Praises. || 2 || The Supreme Lord God cherishes and nurtures me. He is always with me, the Protector of my soul. Singing the Kirtan of the Lords Praises day and night, I shall not be consigned to reincarnation again. || 3 || One who is blessed by the Primal Lord, the Architect of Destiny, realizes the subtle essence of the Lord. The Messenger of Death does not come near him. In the Lords Sanctuary, Nanak has found peace. || 4 || 9 || 59 ||

Sunday, 11 Assu (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 623)

BIHAAGRAA, FIFTH MEHL:

Grant Your Grace, O Guru, O Perfect Supreme Lord God, that I might chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord, night and day. I speak the Ambrosial Words of the Gurus Bani, praising the Lord. Your Will seems so sweet to me, Lord. Show kindness and compassion, O Lord of the Word, Lord of the Universe; without You, I have no other at all. Almighty, sublime, infinite and perfect Lord my soul, body, wealth and mind are Yours. I am foolish, stupid, masterless, fickle, powerless, lowly and ignorant. Prays Nanak, I seek Your Sanctuary please save me from coming and going in reincarnation. || 1 || In the Sanctuary of the Holy, I have found the Dear Lord; I constantly sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. Applying the dust of the devotees to the mind and body, O Dear Lord, all sinners are sanctified. The sinners are sanctified in the company of those who have met the Primal Lord of Destiny. Attuned to the Naam, the Name of the Lord, they are given the gift of the life of the soul; their gifts increase day by day. Wealth, the supernatural spiritual powers of the Siddhas, and the nine treasures come to those who meditate on the Lord, and conquer their own soul. Prays Nanak, it is only by great good fortune that the Holy, the Lords companions are found, O friends. || 2 || Those who deal in Truth, O Dear Lord, are the perfect bankers. They possess the great treasure, O Dear Lord, and they earn the profit of the Lords Praise. Sexual desire, anger and greed do not cling to those who are attuned to God. They know the One, and they believe in the One; they are intoxicated with the Lords Love. They fall at the Feet of the Saints, and seek their Sanctuary; their minds are filled with joy. Prays Nanak, those who have the Naam in their laps are the true bankers. || 3 || O Nanak, meditate in remembrance on that Dear Lord, who supports all by His Power. The Gurmukhs do not forget the Dear Lord, the Primal Creator Lord, from their minds. Pain, disease and fear do not cling to those who meditate on the Lord, Har, Har. By the Grace of the Saints, they cross over the terrifying world-ocean, and obtain their pre-ordained destiny. They are congratulated and applauded, and their minds are at peace; they meet the Infinite Lord God. Prays Nanak, meditating in remembrance on the Lord, Har, Har, my desires are fulfilled. || 4 || 3 ||

Monday, 12 Assu (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 543)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAAG SORATH, THE WORD OF DEVOTEE KABEER JEE

What use is it to read, and what use is it to study? What use is it to listen to the Vedas and the Puraanas? What use is reading and listening, if celestial peace is not attained? || 1 || The fool does not chant the Name of the Lord. So what does he think of, over and over again? || 1 || Pause || In the darkness, we need a lamp to find the incomprehensible thing. I have found this incomprehensible thing; my mind is illuminated and enlightened. || 2 || Says Kabeer, now I know Him; since I know Him, my mind is pleased and appeased. My mind is pleased and appeased, and yet, people do not believe it. They do not believe it, so what can I do? || 3 || 7||

Tuesday, 13 Assu (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 655)