Todays Hukamnama

naam_jap

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!!!!!

SORATH, FIFTH MEHL:

Sing the Glorious Praises of the Perfect, Imperishable Lord, and the poison of sexual desire and anger shall be burnt away. You shall cross over the awesome, arduous ocean of fire, in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. || 1 || The Perfect Guru has dispelled the darkness of doubt. Remember God with love and devotion; He is near at hand. || Pause || Drink in the sublime essence, the treasure of the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, and your mind and body shall remain satisfied. The Transcendent Lord is totally permeating and pervading everywhere; where would He come from, and where would He go? || 2 || One whose mind is filled with the Lord, is a person of meditation, penance, self-restraint and spiritual wisdom, and a knower of reality. The Gurmukh obtains the jewel of the Naam; his efforts come to perfect fruition. || 3 || All his struggles, sufferings and pains are dispelled, and the noose of death is cut away from him. Says Nanak, God has extended His Mercy, and so his mind and body blossom forth. || 4 || 12 || 23 ||

Saturday, 1 Katak (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 615)

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!!!!!!!!

BILAAVAL, FIFTH MEHL:

Gazing upon the Blessed Vision of the Lords Darshan, all pains run away. Please, never leave my vision, O Lord; please abide with my soul. || 1 || Pause || My Beloved Lord and Master is the Support of the breath of life. God, the Inner-knower, is all-pervading. || 1 || Which of Your Glorious Virtues should I contemplate and remember? With each and every breath, O God, I remember You. || 2 || God is the ocean of mercy, merciful to the meek; He cherishes all beings and creatures. || 3 || Twenty-four hours a day, Your humble servant chants Your Name. You Yourself, O God, have inspired Nanak to love You. || 4 || 23 || 109 ||

Monday, 3 Katak (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 826)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

Consumed by desire, the world is burning and dying; burning and burning, it screams. But if it meets with the cooling and soothing True Guru, it does not burn any longer. O Nanak, without the Name, and without contemplating the Word of the Shabad, no one becomes fearless. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: Wearing ceremonial robes, the fire is not quenched, and the mind is filled with anxiety. Destroying the snakes hole, the snake is not killed; it is just like doing deeds without a Guru. Serving the Giver, the True Guru, the Word of the Shabad comes to abide in the mind. The mind and body are cooled and soothed; peace ensues, and the fire of desire is quenched. The greatest comforts and lasting peace are obtained, when one eradicates selfishness from within. He alone becomes a detached Gurmukh, who lovingly focuses his awareness on the True Lord. Anxiety does not affect him at all; he is satisfied and satiated with the Name of the Lord. O Nanak, without the Naam, no one is saved; they are utterly ruined by egotism. || 2 || PAUREE: Those who meditate on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, obtain all peace and comforts. Fruitful is the entire life of those, who feel hunger for the Name of the Lord in their minds. Those who worship and adore the Lord through the Gurus Word, forget all their pain and suffering. Those Gursikhs are good Saints, who care for nothing other than the Lord. Blessed, blessed is their Guru, whose mouth tastes the Ambrosial Fruit of the Lord. || 6 ||

Tuesday, 4 Katak (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 588)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!

SORATH, FIRST MEHL, FIRST HOUSE, ASHTAPADEES, CHAU-TUKAS:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

I am not torn by duality, because I do not worship any other than the Lord; I do not visit tombs or crematoriums. I do not enter the houses of strangers, engrossed in desire. The Naam, the Name of the Lord, has satisfied my desires. Deep within my heart, the Guru has shown me the home of my being, and my mind is imbued with peace and poise, O Siblings of Destiny. You Yourself are all-knowing, and You Yourself are all-seeing; You alone bestow intelligence, O Lord. || 1 || My mind is detached, imbued with detachment; the Word of the Shabad has pierced my mind, O my mother. Gods Light shines continually within the nucleus of my deepest self; I am lovingly attached to the Bani, the Word of the True Lord Master. || Pause || Countless detached renunciates talk of detachment and renunciation, but he alone is a true renunciate, who is pleasing to the Lord Master. The Word of the Shabad is ever in his heart; he is absorbed in the Fear of God, and he works to serve the Guru. He remembers the One Lord, his mind does not waver, and he restrains its wanderings. He is intoxicated with celestial bliss, and is ever imbued with the Lords Love; he sings the Glorious Praises of the True Lord. || 2 || The mind is like the wind, but if it comes to rest in peace, even for an instant, then he shall abide in the peace of the Name, O Siblings of Destiny. His tongue, eyes and ears are imbued with Truth; O Lord, You quench the fires of desire. In hope, the renunciate remains free of hopes; in the home of his own inner self, he is absorbed in the trance of deep meditation. He remains content, satisfied with the charity of the Naam; he drinks in the Ambrosial Amrit with ease. || 3 || There is no renunciation in duality, as long as there is even a particle of duality. The whole world is Yours, Lord; You alone are the Giver. There is not any other, O Siblings of Destiny. The self-willed manmukh dwells in misery forever, while the Lord bestows greatness upon the Gurmukh. God is infinite, endless, inaccessible and unfathomable; His worth cannot be described. || 4 || The consciousness in deep Samaadhi, the Supreme Being, the Lord of the three worlds these are Your Names, Lord. The creatures born into this world have their destiny inscribed upon their foreheads; they experience according to their destinies. The Lord Himself causes them to do good and bad deeds; He Himself makes them steadfast in devotional worship. The filth of their mind and mouth is washed off when they live in the Fear of God; the inaccessible Lord Himself blesses them with spiritual wisdom. || 5 || Only those who taste it know its sweet taste, like the mute, who eats the candy, and only smiles. How can I describe the indescribable, O Siblings of Destiny? I shall follow His Will forever. If one meets with the Guru, the Generous Giver, then he understands; those who have no Guru cannot understand this. As the Lord causes us to act, so do we act, O Siblings of Destiny. What other clever tricks can anyone try? || 6 || Some are deluded by doubt, while others are imbued with devotional worship; Your play is infinite and endless. As You engage them, they receive the fruits of their rewards; You alone are the One who issues Your Commands. I would serve You, if anything were my own; my soul and body are Yours. One who meets with the True Guru, by His Grace, takes the Support of the Ambrosial Naam. || 7 || He dwells in the heavenly realms, and his virtues radiantly shine forth; meditation and spiritual wisdom are found in virtue. The Naam is pleasing to his mind; he speaks it, and causes others to speak it as well. He speaks the essential essence of wisdom. The Word of the Shabad is his Guru and spiritual teacher, profound and unfathomable; without the Shabad, the world is insane. He is a perfect renunciate, naturally at ease, O Nanak, whose mind is pleased with the True Lord. || 8 || 1 ||

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, 5 Katak (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 634-635)

DHANAASAREE, THE WORD OF DEVOTEE NAAM DAYV JEE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

They dig deep foundations, and build lofty palaces. Can anyone live longer than Markanda, who passed his days with only a handful of straw upon his head? || 1 || The Creator Lord is our only friend. O man, why are you so proud? This body is only temporary it shall pass away. || 1 || Pause || The Kaurvas, who had brothers like Duryodhan, used to proclaim, This is ours! This is ours! Their royal procession extended over sixty miles, and yet their bodies were eaten by vultures. || 2 || Sri Lanka was totally rich with gold; was anyone greater than its ruler Raavan? What happened to the elephants, tethered at his gate? In an instant, it all belonged to someone else. || 3 || The Yaadvas deceived Durbaasaa, and received their rewards. The Lord has shown mercy to His humble servant, and now Naam Dayv sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord. || 4 || 1 ||

Thursday, 6 Katak (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 692)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

SORATH, FIFTH MEHL:

The womb of the mother is an ocean of pain, O Beloved; even there, the Lord causes His Name to be chanted. When he emerges, he finds corruption pervading everywhere, O Beloved, and he becomes increasingly attached to Maya. One whom the Lord blesses with His kind favor, O Beloved, meets the Perfect Guru. He worships the Lord in adoration with each and every breath, O Beloved; he is lovingly attached to the Lords Name. || 1 || You are the support of my mind and body, O Beloved; You are the support of my mind and body. There is no other Creator except for You, O Beloved; You alone are the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts. || Pause || After wandering in doubt for millions of incarnations, he comes into the world, O Beloved; for uncounted lifetimes, he has suffered in pain. He has forgotten his True Lord and Master, O Beloved, and so he suffers terrible punishment. Those who meet with the Perfect True Guru, O Beloved, are attached to the True Name. We are saved by following those, O Beloved, who seek the Sanctuary of the True Lord. || 2 || He thinks that his food is so sweet, O Beloved, but it makes his body ill. It turns out to be bitter, O Beloved, and it produces only sadness. The Lord leads him astray in the enjoyment of pleasures, O Beloved, and so his sense of separation does not depart. Those who meet the Guru are saved, O Beloved; this is their pre-ordained destiny. || 3 || He is filled with longing for Maya, O Beloved, and so the Lord does not ever come into his mind. Those who forget You, O Supreme Lord Master, their bodies turn to dust. They cry out and scream horribly, O Beloved, but their torment does not end. Those who meet the Guru, and reform themselves, O Beloved, their capital remains intact. || 4 || As far as possible, do not associate with the faithless cynics, O Beloved. Meeting with them, the Lord is forgotten, O Beloved, and you rise and depart with a blackened face. The self-willed manmukh finds no rest or shelter, O Beloved; in the Court of the Lord, they are punished. Those who meet with the Guru, and reform themselves, O Beloved, their affairs are resolved. || 5 || One may have thousands of clever tricks and techniques of austere self-discipline, O Beloved, but not even one of them will go with him. Those who turn their backs on the Lord of the Universe, O Beloved, their families are stained with disgrace. He does not know that thing which is, O Beloved; falsehood will not help him. Those who meet with the True Guru, O Beloved, dwell upon the True Name. || 6 || When the Lord casts His Glance of Grace, O Beloved, one is blessed with Truth, contentment, wisdom and meditation. Night and day, he sings the Kirtan of the Lords Praises, O Beloved, totally filled with Ambrosial Nectar. He crosses over the sea of pain, O Beloved, and swims across the terrifying world-ocean. One who is pleasing to His Will, He unites with Himself, O Beloved; he is forever true. || 7 || The all-powerful Divine Lord is compassionate, O Beloved; He is the Support of His devotees. I seek His Sanctuary, O Beloved; He is the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts. He has adorned me in this world and the next, O Beloved; He has placed the Emblem of Truth upon my forehead. I shall never forget that God, O Beloved; Nanak is forever a sacrifice to Him. || 8 || 2 ||

Friday, 7 Katak (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 640-641)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!!!!!!!!!

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

He does not let His devotees see the difficult times; this is His innate nature. Giving His hand, He protects His devotee; with each and every breath, He cherishes him. || 1 || My consciousness remains attached to God. In the beginning, and in the end, God is always my helper and companion; blessed is my friend. || Pause || My mind is delighted, gazing upon the marvellous, glorious greatness of the Lord and Master. Remembering, remembering the Lord in meditation, Nanak is in ecstasy; God, in His perfection, has protected and preserved his honor. || 2 || 15 || 46 ||

Saturday, 8 Katak (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 682)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!!!!!!!!!

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!!!!!!

RAAG DHANAASAREE, THE WORD OF DEVOTEE KABEER JEE:

Day by day, hour by hour, life runs its course, and the body withers away. Death, like a hunter, a butcher, is on the prowl; tell me, what can we do? || 1 || That day is rapidly approaching. Mother, father, siblings, children and spouse tell me, who belongs to whom? || 1 || Pause || As long as the light remains in the body, the beast does not understand himself. He acts in greed to maintain his life and status, and sees nothing with his eyes. || 2 || Says Kabeer, listen, O mortal: Renounce the doubts of your mind. Chant only the One Naam, the Name of the Lord, O mortal, and seek the Sanctuary of the One Lord. || 3 || 2 ||

Sunday, 9 Katak (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 692)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!!!!

DHANAASAREE, FIRST MEHL, FIRST HOUSE, CHAU-PADAS:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. TRUTH IS THE NAME. CREATIVE BEING PERSONIFIED. NO FEAR. NO HATRED. IMAGE OF THE UNDYING. BEYOND BIRTH. SELF-EXISTENT. BY GURUS GRACE:

My soul is afraid; to whom should I complain? I serve Him, who makes me forget my pains; He is the Giver, forever and ever. || 1 || My Lord and Master is forever new; He is the Giver, forever and ever. || 1 || Pause || Night and day, I serve my Lord and Master; He shall save me in the end. Hearing and listening, O my dear sister, I have crossed over. || 2 || O Merciful Lord, Your Name carries me across. I am forever a sacrifice to You. || 1 || Pause || In all the world, there is only the One True Lord; there is no other at all. He alone serves the Lord, upon whom the Lord casts His Glance of Grace. || 3 || Without You, O Beloved, how could I even live? Bless me with such greatness, that I may remain attached to Your Name. There is no other, O Beloved, to whom I can go and speak. || 1 || Pause || I serve my Lord and Master; I ask for no other. Nanak is His slave; moment by moment, bit by bit, he is a sacrifice to Him. || 4 || O Lord Master, I am a sacrifice to Your Name, moment by moment, bit by bit. || 1 || Pause || 4 || 1 ||

Monday, 10 Katak (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 660)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEUGRU JI KI FATEH !!!!!!!!

WADAHANS, THIRD MEHL:

Listen, O brides of the Lord: serve your Husband Lord, and contemplate the Word of His Shabad. The worthless bride does not know her Husband Lord she is deluded; forgetting her Husband Lord, she weeps and wails. She weeps, thinking of her Husband Lord, and she constantly cherishes His virtues; her Husband Lord does not die, or go away. As Gurmukh, she knows Him; through the Word of His Shabad, He is realized. Through True Love, she merges with Him. She who does not know her Husband Lord, the Architect of karma, is deluded by falsehood she herself is false. Listen, O brides of the Lord: serve your Husband Lord, and contemplate the Word of His Shabad. || 1 || He Himself created the whole world; the world comes and goes. The love of Maya has ruined the world; people die, to be re-born, over and over again. People die to be re-born, over and over again, while their sins steadily increase; without spiritual wisdom, they are deluded. Without the Shabad, the Husband Lord is not found; the worthless, false bride wastes her life away, weeping and wailing. He is my Beloved Husband Lord, the Life of the World for whom should I weep? They alone weep, who forget their Husband Lord. He Himself created the whole world; the world comes and goes. || 2 || That Husband Lord is True, forever True; He does not die or go away. The ignorant soul-bride wanders in delusion; in the love of duality, she sits like a widow. She sits like a widow, in the love of duality; infatuated with Maya, she suffers in pain. She grows old, and her body withers away. Whatever has come, shall all pass away; through the love of duality, all suffer in pain. They do not see the Messenger of Death; they long for Maya, and their consciousness is attached to greed. That Husband Lord is True, forever True; He does not die or go away. || 3 || Some weep and wail, separated from their Husband Lord; the blind ones do not know that their Husband is with them. By Gurus Grace, they meet their True Husband, and cherish Him always deep within. She cherishes her Husband deep within herself He is always with her, but the self-willed manmukhs think that He is far away. This body rolls in the dust, and is totally useless; it does not realize the Presence of its Lord and Master. Nanak, that soul-bride is united in Union; she cherishes her Beloved Husband forever, deep within. Some weep and wail, separated from their Husband Lord; the blind ones do not know that their Husband is with them. || 4 || 2 ||

Tuesday, 11 Katak (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 583)