Todays Hukamnama

naam_jap

English Translation :

TODEE, FIFTH MEHL:

The slanderer, by Gurus Grace, has been turned away. The Supreme Lord God has become merciful; with Shivas arrow, He shot his head off.||1|| Pause || Death, and the noose of death, cannot see me; I have adopted the Path of Truth. I have earned the wealth, the jewel of the Lords Name; eating and spending, it is never used up. || 1 || In an instant, the slanderer was reduced to ashes; he received the rewards of his own actions. Servant Nanak speaks the truth of the scriptures; the whole world is witness to it. ||2 ||6||11||

Thursday, 4th Saawan (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page : 714)

d_oh.gifd_oh.gif

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

d_oh.gif

English Translation :

RAAG SORATH, THE WORD OF DEVOTEE RAVI DAAS JEE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

When I am in my ego, then You are not with me. Now that You are with me, there is no egotism within me. The wind may raise up huge waves in the vast ocean, but they are just water in water. || 1 || O Lord, what can I say about such an illusion? Things are not as they seem. || 1 || Pause || It is like the king, who falls asleep upon his throne, and dreams that he is a beggar. His kingdom is intact, but separated from it, he suffers in sorrow. Such is my own condition. || 2 || Like the story of the rope mistaken for a snake, the mystery has now been explained to me. Like the many bracelets, which I mistakenly thought were gold; now, I do not say what I said then. || 3 || The One Lord is pervading the many forms; He enjoys Himself in all hearts. Says Ravi Daas, the Lord is nearer than our own hands and feet. Whatever will be, will be. || 4 || 1 ||

Friday, 5th Saawan (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 657)

English Translation :

SORATH: ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Practicing great hypocrisy, he acquires the wealth of others. Returning home, he squanders it on his wife and children. || 1 || O my mind, do not practice deception, even inadvertently. In the end, your own soul shall have to answer for its account. || 1 || Pause || Moment by moment, the body is wearing away, and old age is asserting itself. And then, when you are old, no one shall pour water into your cup. || 2 || Says Kabeer, no one belongs to you. Why not chant the Lords Name in your heart,when you are still young?||3||9 ||

saturday, 6th Saawan (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 656)

Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Kaanraa on Pannaa 1302

kaanarraa mehalaa 5 ||

Kaanraa, Fifth Mehla:

saajan meeth suaamee naero ||

My Friend, my Best Friend, my Lord and Master, is near.

paekhath sunath sabhan kai sa(n)gae thhorai kaaj buro keh faero ||1|| rehaao ||

He sees and hears everything; He is with everyone. You are here for such short time - why do you do evil? ||1||Pause||1||

naam binaa jaetho lapattaaeiou kashhoo nehee naahee kashh thaero ||

Except for the Naam, whatever you are involved with is nothing - nothing is yours.

aagai dhrisatt aavath sabh paragatt eehaa mohiou bharam a(n)dhhaero ||1||

Hereafter, everything is revealed to your gaze; but in this world, all are enticed by the darkness of doubt. ||1||

attakiou suth banithaa sa(n)g maaeiaa dhaevanehaar dhaathaar bisaero ||

People are caught in Maya, attached to their children and spouses. They have forgotten the Great and Generous Giver.

kahu naanak eaekai bhaaroso ba(n)dhhan kaattanehaar gur maero ||2||6||25||

Says Nanak, I have one article of faith; my Guru is the One who releases me from bondage. ||2||6||25||

d_oh.gif

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

The elephant offers its head to the reins, and the anvil offers itself to the hammer; just so, we offer our minds and bodies to our Guru; we stand before Him, and serve Him. This is how the Gurmukhs eliminate their self-conceit, and come to rule the whole world. O Nanak, the Gurmukh understands, when the Lord casts His Glance of Grace. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: Blessed and approved is the coming into the world, of those Gurmukhs who meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. O Nanak, they save their families, and they are honored in the Court of the Lord. || 2 || PAUREE: The Guru unites His Sikhs, the Gurmukhs, with the Lord. The Guru keeps some of them with Himself, and engages others in His Service. Those who cherish their Beloved in their conscious minds, the Guru blesses them with His Love. The Guru loves all of His Gursikhs equally well, like friends, children and siblings. So chant the Name of the Guru, the True Guru, everyone! Chanting the Name of the Guru, Guru, you shall be rejuvenated. || 14 ||

Sunday, 7th Saawan (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 647)

RAAG SORATH, THE WORD OF DEVOTEE KABEER JEE, FIRST HOUSE

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

When the body is burnt, it turns to ashes; if it is not cremated, then it is eaten by armies of worms. The unbaked clay pitcher dissolves, when water is poured into it; this is also the nature of the body. || 1 || Why, O Siblings of Destiny, do you strut around, all puffed up with pride? Have you forgotten those days, when you were hanging, face down, for ten months? || 1 || Pause || Like the bee which collects honey, the fool eagerly gathers and collects wealth. At the time of death, they shout, Take him away, take him away! Why leave a ghost lying around? || 2 || His wife accompanies his to the threshold, and his friends and companions beyond. All the people and relatives go as far as the cremation grounds, and then, the soul-swan goes on alone. || 3 || Says Kabeer, listen, O mortal being: you have been seized by Death, and you have fallen into the deep, dark pit. You have entangled yourself in the false wealth of Maya, like the parrot caught in the trap. || 4 || 2 ||

Monday, 8th Saawan (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 654)

Shabad by Guru Amar Daas Ji in Raag Sorath on Pannaa 643

salok ma 3 ||

Salok, Third Mehla:

houmai jalathae jal mueae bhram aaeae dhoojai bhaae ||

In the flames of egotism, he is burnt to death; he wanders in doubt and the love of duality.

poorai sathigur raakh leeeae aapanai pa(n)nai paae ||

The Perfect True Guru saves him, making him His own.

eihu jag jalathaa nadharee aaeiaa gur kai sabadh subhaae ||

This world is burning; through the Sublime Word of the Guru's Shabad, this comes to be seen.

sabadh rathae sae seethal bheae naanak sach kamaae ||1||

Those who are attuned to the Shabad are cooled and soothed; O Nanak, they practice Truth. ||1||

SOOHEE, THIRD MEHL:

The body-bride is very beautiful; she dwells with her Husband Lord. She becomes the happy soul-bride of her True Husband Lord, contemplating the Word of the Gurus Shabad. The Lords devotee is forever attuned to the Lords Love; her ego is burnt away from within. || 1 || Waaho! Waaho! Blessed, blessed is the Word of the Perfect Gurus Bani. It wells up and springs forth from the Perfect Guru, and merges into Truth. || 1 || Pause || Everything is within the Lord the continents, worlds and nether regions. The Life of the World, the Great Giver, dwells within the body; He is the Cherisher of all. The body-bride is eternally beautiful; the Gurmukh contemplates the Naam. || 2 || The Lord Himself dwells within the body; He is invisible and cannot be seen. The foolish self-willed manmukh does not understand; he goes out searching for the Lord externally. One who serves the True Guru is always at peace; the True Guru has shown me the Invisible Lord. || 3 || Within the body there are jewels and precious treasures, the over-flowing treasure of devotion. Within this body are the nine continents of the earth, its markets, cities and streets. Within this body are the nine treasures of the Naam; contemplating the Word of the Gurus Shabad, it is obtained. || 4 || Within the body, the Lord estimates the weight; He Himself is the weigher. This mind is the jewel, the gem, the diamond; it is absolutely priceless. The Naam, the Name of the Lord, cannot be purchased at any price; the Naam is obtained by contemplating the Guru. || 5 || One who becomes Gurmukh searches this body; all others just wander around in confusion. That humble being alone obtains it, unto whom the Lord bestows it. What other clever tricks can anyone try? Within the body, the Fear of God and Love for Him abides; by Gurus Grace, they are obtained. || 6 || Within the body, are Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, from whom the whole world emanated. The True Lord has staged and contrived His own play; the expanse of the Universe comes and goes. The Perfect True Guru Himself has made it clear, that emancipation comes through the True Name. || 7 || That body, which serves the True Guru, is embellished by the True Lord Himself. Without the Name, the mortal finds no place of rest in the Court of the Lord; he shall be tortured by the Messenger of Death. O Nanak, true glory is bestowed, when the Lord showers His Mercy. || 8 || 2 ||

Tuesday, 9th Saawan (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 754)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

O man, you have been tormented by a nightmare, and you have passed your life in sleep. You did not wake to hear the Word of the True Gurus Shabad; you have no inspiration within yourself. That body burns, which has no virtue, and which does not serve the Guru. I have seen that the world is burning, in egotism and the love of duality. O Nanak, those who seek the Gurus Sanctuary are saved; within their minds, they meditate on the True Word of the Shabad. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: Attuned to the Word of the Shabad, the soul-bride is rid of egotism, and she is glorified. If she walks steadily in the way of His Will, then she is adorned with decorations. Her couch becomes beautiful, and she constantly enjoys her Husband Lord; she obtains the Lord as her Husband. The Lord does not die, and she never suffers pain; she is a happy soul-bride forever. O Nanak, the Lord God unites her with Himself; she enshrines love and affection for the Guru. || 2 || PAUREE: Those who conceal and deny their Guru, are the most evil people. O Dear Lord, let me not even see them; they are the worst sinners and murderers. They wander from house to house, with impure minds, like wicked, forsaken women. But by great good fortune, they may meet the Company of the Holy; as Gurmukhs, they are reformed. O Lord, please be kind and let me meet the True Guru; I am a sacrifice to the Guru. || 23 ||

Wednesday, 10th Saawan (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 651)

SORATH, FIFTH MEHL:

The Perfect Guru has dispelled the fever. The unstruck melody of the sound current resounds. God has bestowed all comforts. In His Mercy, He Himself has given them. || 1 || The True Guru Himself has eradicated the disease. All the Sikhs and Saints are filled with joy, meditating on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. || Pause || They obtain that which they ask for. God gives to His Saints. God saved Hargobind. Servant Nanak speaks the Truth. || 2 || 6 || 70 ||

Thursday, 11th Saawan (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 626)

d_oh.gif