Todays Hukamnama

naam_jap

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

By the Blessed Vision of their Darshan, millions of sins are erased. Meeting with them, this terrifying world-ocean is crossed over || 1 || They are my companions, and they are my dear friends, who inspire me to remember the Lords Name. || 1 || Pause || Hearing the Word of His Shabad, I am totally at peace. When I serve Him, the Messenger of Death is chased away. || 2 || His comfort and consolation soothes and supports my mind. Remembering Him in meditation, my face is radiant and bright. || 3 || God embellishes and supports His servants. Nanak seeks the Protection of their Sanctuary; he is forever a sacrifice to them. || 4 || 7 || 13 ||

Saturday, 13th Saawan (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 739)

d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

The Lord of the Universe has become kind and merciful; His Ambrosial Nectar permeates my heart. The nine treasures, riches and the miraculous spiritual powers of the Siddhas cling to the feet of the Lords humble servant. || 1 || The Saints are in ecstasy everywhere. Within the home, and outside as well, the Lord and Master of His devotees is totally pervading and permeating everywhere. || 1 || Pause || No one can equal one who has the Lord of the Universe on his side. The fear of the Messenger of Death is eradicated, remembering Him in meditation; Nanak meditates on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. || 2 || 2 || 33 ||

Sunday, 14th Saawan (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 679)

SORATH, FIFTH MEHL:

Sing the Glorious Praises of the Perfect, Imperishable Lord, and the poison of sexual desire and anger shall be burnt away. You shall cross over the awesome, arduous ocean of fire, in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. || 1 || The Perfect Guru has dispelled the darkness of doubt. Remember God with love and devotion; He is near at hand. || Pause || Drink in the sublime essence, the treasure of the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, and your mind and body shall remain satisfied. The Transcendent Lord is totally permeating and pervading everywhere; where would He come from, and where would He go? || 2 || One whose mind is filled with the Lord, is a person of meditation, penance, self-restraint and spiritual wisdom, and a knower of reality. The Gurmukh obtains the jewel of the Naam; his efforts come to perfect fruition. || 3 || All his struggles, sufferings and pains are dispelled, and the noose of death is cut away from him. Says Nanak, God has extended His Mercy, and so his mind and body blossom forth. || 4 || 12 || 23 ||

Monday, 15th Saawan (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 615)

RAAG SORATH, THE WORD OF DEVOTEE KABEER JEE, FIRST HOUSE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

When the body is burnt, it turns to ashes; if it is not cremated, then it is eaten by armies of worms. The unbaked clay pitcher dissolves, when water is poured into it; this is also the nature of the body. || 1 || Why, O Siblings of Destiny, do you strut around, all puffed up with pride? Have you forgotten those days, when you were hanging, face down, for ten months? || 1 || Pause || Like the bee which collects honey, the fool eagerly gathers and collects wealth. At the time of death, they shout, Take him away, take him away! Why leave a ghost lying around? || 2 || His wife accompanies his to the threshold, and his friends and companions beyond. All the people and relatives go as far as the cremation grounds, and then, the soul-swan goes on alone. || 3 || Says Kabeer, listen, O mortal being: you have been seized by Death, and you have fallen into the deep, dark pit. You have entangled yourself in the false wealth of Maya, like the parrot caught in the trap. || 4 || 2 ||

Tuesday, 16th Saawan (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 654)

SORATH, FIFTH MEHL:

Enshrine the Naam, the Name of the Lord, within your heart; sitting within your own home, meditate on the Guru. The Perfect Guru has spoken the Truth; the True Peace is obtained only from the Lord. || 1 || My Guru has become merciful. In bliss, peace, pleasure and joy, I have returned to my own home, after my purifying bath. || Pause || True is the glorious greatness of the Guru; His worth cannot be described. He is the Supreme Overlord of kings. Meeting with the Guru, the mind is enraptured. || 2 || All sins are washed away, meeting with the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. The Lords Name is the treasure of excellence; chanting it, ones affairs are perfectly resolved. || 3 || The Guru has opened the door of liberation, and the entire world applauds Him with cheers of victory. O Nanak, God is always with me; my fears of birth and death are gone. || 4 || 2 || 52 ||

Wednesday, 17th Saawan (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 621)

d_oh.gifd_oh.gif

WADAHANS, THIRD MEHL:

The mind wanders in the ten directions how can one sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord? It is totally engrossed in sensuality, constantly tormented by sexual desire and anger. || 1 || Waaho! Waaho! Hail! Hail! Chant His Glorious Praise. The Lords Name is so difficult to obtain in this age; under Gurus Instruction, drink in the subtle essence of the Lord. || 1 || Pause || Remembering the Word of the Shabad, the mind becomes immaculate, and then one sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord. Under Gurus Instruction, one comes to understand his own self, and then he comes to dwell in the home of his heart. || 2 || O my mind, be imbued forever with the Lords Love, and sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord forever. The Immaculate Lord is forever the Giver of peace; from Him, one receives the fruits of the minds desires. || 3 || I am lowly, but I have been exalted, entering the Sanctuary of the Lord. He has lifted up the sinking stone; True is His glorious greatness. || 4 || From poison, I have been transformed into Ambrosial Nectar; under Gurus Instruction, I have obtained wisdom. From bitter herbs, I have been transformed into sandalwood; this fragrance permeates deep within my being. || 5 || This human birth is very precious; one must earn the right to come into the world. By perfect destiny, I met the True Guru; I meditate on the Name of the Lord. || 6 || The self-willed manmukhs are deluded; attached to corruption, they waste away their lives in vain. The Name of the Lord is forever an ocean of peace, but the manmukhs do not love the True Word of the Shabad. || 7 || Everyone can chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har with their mouths, but only a few enshrine it within their hearts. O Nanak, those who enshrine the Lord within their hearts, attain liberation and emancipation. || 8 || 2 ||

Thursday, 18th Saawan (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 565)

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. TRUTH IS THE NAME. CREATIVE BEING PERSONIFIED. NO FEAR. NO HATRED. IMAGE OF THE UNDYING. BEYOND BIRTH. SELF-EXISTENT. BY GURUS GRACE:

SORATH, FIRST MEHL, FIRST HOUSE, CHAU-PADAS:

Death comes to all, and all must suffer separation. Go and ask the clever people, whether they shall meet in the world hereafter. Those who forget my Lord and Master shall suffer in terrible pain. || 1 || So praise the True Lord, by whose Grace peace ever prevails. || Pause || Praise Him as great; He is, and He shall ever be. You alone are the Great Giver; mankind cannot give anything. Whatever pleases Him, comes to pass; what good does it do to cry out in protest? || 2 || Many have proclaimed their sovereignty over millions of fortresses on the earth, but they have now departed. And those, whom even the sky could not contain, had ropes put through their noses. O mind, if you only knew the torment in your future, you would not relish the sweet pleasures of the present. || 3 || O Nanak, as many as are the sins one commits, so many are the chains around his neck. If he possesses virtues, then the chains are cut away; these virtues are his brothers, his true brothers. Going to the world hereafter, those who have no Guru are not accepted; they are beaten, and expelled. || 4 || 1 ||

Friday, 19th Saawan (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 595)

TODEE, FIFTH MEHL:

The slanderer, by Gurus Grace, has been turned away. The Supreme Lord God has become merciful; with Shivas arrow, He shot his head off.||1|| Pause || Death, and the noose of death, cannot see me; I have adopted the Path of Truth. I have earned the wealth, the jewel of the Lords Name; eating and spending, it is never used up. || 1 || In an instant, the slanderer was reduced to ashes; he received the rewards of his own actions. Servant Nanak speaks the truth of the scriptures; the whole world is witness to it. ||2 ||6||11||

Saturday, 20th Saawan (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page : 714)

d_oh.gif