Todays Hukamnama

naam_jap

soriT mhlw 1 pMcpdy]

Apnw Gru mUsq rwiK n swkih kI pr Gru john lwgw ] Gru dru rwKih jy rsu cwKih jo gurmuiK syvku lwgw ]1] mn ry smJu kvn miq lwgw ] nwmu ivswir An rs loBwny iPir pCuqwih ABwgw ] rhwau ] Awvq kau hrK jwq kau rovih iehu duKu suKu nwly lwgw ] Awpy duK suK Boig BogwvY gurmuiK so Anrwgw ]2] hir rs aUpir Avru ikAw khIAY ijin pIAw so iqRpqwgw ] mwieAw moihq ijin iehu rsu KoieAw jw swkq durmiq lwgw ]3] mn kw jIau pvnpiq dyhI dyhI mih dyau smwgw ] jy qU dyih q hir rsu gweI mnu iqRpqY hir ilv lwgw ]4] swDsMgiq mih hir rsu pweIAY guir imilAY jm Bau Bwgw ] nwnk rwm nwmu jip gurmuiK hir pwey msqik Bwgw ]5]10]

color="black">mMglvwr, 7 m`Gr, (sMmq 539 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 598)

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :

soriT mhlw 1 pMcpdy]

hy mn! qyrw Awpxw Awqmk jIvn lu`itAw jw irhw hY aus nUM qUM bcw nhIN skdw, prwey AYb ikauN Poldw iPrdw hYN? Awpxw Gr bwr lu`ty jwx qoN qdoN hI bcw skyNgw jy qUM pRBU dy nwm dw suAwd c`KyNgw[ nwm-rs auhI syvk c`Kdw hY jo gurU dy snmuK rih ky syvw ivc l`gdw hY[ hy mn! hoS kr, iks BYVI mq ivc l`g ipAw hYN? hy Bwg-hIx! prmwqmw dw nwm Bulw ky hor hor suAwdW ivc msq ho irhw hYN, vylw bIq jwx qy iPr pCqwvyNgw[ rhwau[hy mn! qUM AwauNdy Dn nUM vyK ky ^uS huMdw hYN, jWdy nUM vyK ky roNdw hYN, ieh du`K qy suK qyry nwl hI cMbiVAw cilAw Aw irhw hY[ pr qyry BI kIh v`s? pRBU Awp hI jIv nUM aus dy kIqy krmW Anuswr du`KW qy suKW dy Bog ivc ruJw ky du`K suK BogWdw hY[ isr& auh mnu`K inrmoh rihMdw hY jo gurU dy d`sy rsqy auqy qurdw hY[2[ hy mn! prmwqmw dy nwm dy rs qoN vDIAw hor koeI rs ikhw nhIN jw skdw[ ijs mnu`K ny ieh rs pIqw hY auh dunIAW dy hor rsW vloN r`j jWdw hY[ pr ijs mnu`K ny mwieAw dy moh ivc Ps ky ieh nwm-rs gvw ilAw hY auh mwieAw-vyVHy bMidAW dI BYVI miq ivc jw l`gdw hY[3[ jo pRkwS-rUp prmwqmw swfy mn dw shwrw hY, pRwxW dw mwlk hY, srIr dw mwlk hY auh swfy srIr ivc hI mOjUd hY, pr swnUM ieh smJ nhIN pYNdI, AsIN bwhr hI Btkdy rihMdy hW[ hy pRBU! jy qUM Awp mYnUM Awpxy nwm dw rs b^Sy qW hI mYN qyry gux gw skdw hW[ ijs mnu`K dI suriq hrI-ismrn ivc juVdI hY aus dw mn mwieAw vloN r`j jWdw hY[4[ hy nwnk! swD sMgiq ivc hI prmwqmw dy nwm dw rs pRwpq ho skdw hY[ swD sMgiq ivc jy gurU iml pey qW mOq dw BI fr dUr ho jWdw hY[ ijs mnu`K dy m`Qy auqy cMgw lyK au~GV pey, auh gurU dy d`sy rwh qy qur ky prmwqmw dw nwm ismr ky prmwqmw nwl imlwp hwsl kr lYNdw hY[5[10[

English Translation :

SORATH, FIRST MEHL, PANCH-PADAS:

You cannot save your own home from being plundered; why do you spy on the houses of others? That Gurmukh who joins himself to the Gurus service, saves his own home, and tastes the Lords Nectar. || 1 || O mind, you must realize what your intellect is focused on. Forgetting the Naam, the Name of the Lord, one is involved with other tastes; the unfortunate wretch shall come to regret it in the end. || Pause || When things come, he is pleased, but when they go, he weeps and wails; this pain and pleasure remains attached to him. The Lord Himself causes him to enjoy pleasure and endure pain; the Gurmukh, however, remains unaffected. || 2 || What else can be said to be above the subtle essence of the Lord? One who drinks it in is satisfied and satiated. One who is lured by Maya loses this juice; that faithless cynic is tied to his evil-mindedness. || 3 || The Lord is the life of the mind, the Master of the breath of life; the Divine Lord is contained in the body. If You so bless us, Lord, then we sing Your Praises; the mind is satisfied and fulfilled, lovingly attached to the Lord. || 4 || In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, the subtle essence of the Lord is obtained; meeting the Guru, the fear of death departs. O Nanak, chant the Name of the Lord, as Gurmukh; you shall obtain the Lord, and realize your pre-ordained destiny.||5||10||

Tuesday, 7th Maghar (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page : 598) vaheguru d_oh.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soriT mhlw 5 ]

hm mYly qum aUjl krqy hm inrgun qU dwqw ] hm mUrK qum cqur isAwxy qU srb klw kw igAwqw ]1] mwDo hm AYsy qU AYsw ] hm pwpI qum pwp KMfn nIko Twkur dysw ] rhwau ] qum sB swjy swij invwjy jIau ipMfu dy pRwnw ] inrgunIAwry gunu nhI koeI qum dwnu dyhu imhrvwnw ]2] qum krhu Blw hm Blo n jwnh qum sdw sdw dieAwlw ] qum suKdweI purK ibDwqy qum rwKhu Apuny bwlw ]3] qum inDwn Atl suilqwn jIA jMq siB jwcY ] khu nwnk hm iehY hvwlw rwKu sMqn kY pwCY ]4]6]17]

English Translation :

SORATH, FIFTH MEHL:

We are filthy, and You are immaculate, O Creator Lord; we are worthless, and You are the Great Giver. We are fools, and You are wise and all-knowing. You are the knower of all things. || 1 || O Lord, this is what we are, and this is what You are. We are sinners, and You are the Destroyer of sins. Your abode is so beautiful, O Lord and Master. || Pause || You fashion all, and having fashioned them, You bless them. You bestow upon them soul, body and the breath of life. We are worthless we have no virtue at all; please, bless us with Your gift, O Merciful Lordand Master. || 2 || You do good for us, but we do not see it as good; You are kind and compassionate, forever and ever. You are the Giver of peace, the Primal Lord, the Architect of Destiny; please, save us, Your children! || 3 || You are the treasure, eternal Lord King; all beings and creatures beg of You. Says Nanak, such is our condition; please, Lord, keep us on the Path of the Saints. || 4 || 6 || 17 ||

Monday, 4th Poh (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 613)

:WW: :WW: :WW: :WW: :WW:

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Below is a translation of todays hukamnama by Sukha Singh

Guru Arjan Dev Ji is talking us and giving us a very beautiful message. The Raag Sorath is a Raag which carries a strong sense of belief, faith and conviction. The Raag Sorath is a Raag, which can overpower the mind and bring the mind to rest and bring peace within the soul. Guru Arjan is saying to us in the first line of the hukam today

Ham mailay tum oojal kartay ham nirgun too daataa

Oh God! Oh Waheguru, Ham mailay, ham means we, mailay means to be dirty, to be filthy. Oh God, we are dirty, we are filthy. What is the filth upon us? The filth is all the bad things we have done, all the bad thoughts we thought. All the times we have thought of evils for others, those evil thoughts and evil deeds are the filth. Then Guru ji says, Tum oojal kartay O kartay, kartay means Creator, oojal means completely pure, clean. Oh God, we are stained by the misdeeds we have done, but You are beyond that. You are divine. Ham nirgun means we are nirgun, gun means virtue and putting nir in front of the gun negates it; it means without any virtue, it means we are worthless. We have no virtues, oh God. Too daataa means You are the One, who gives everything, daataa means the Giver. God gives everything.

Ham moorakh tum chatur si-aanay too sarab kalaa kaa gi-aataa

Then Guruji says Ham moorakh, moorakh means fools. We are the ones who don’t understand. We are the ones who fall into ignorance. Tum chatur si-aanay, O God You are chatur, chatur means wise, si-aanay means the One with all understanding. Oh God, You are wise, all knowing, all understanding. Too sarab kalaa ka gi-aataa O God too means You, sarab means all, kalaa means powers and gi-aataa means the One who knows. You are the One who knows all powers; Oh God you are the One who knows everything.

MaaDho ham aisay too aisaa

Guru Ji says oh MaaDho means oh Creator Lord, oh God the One who created Maya, my beloved Lord, ham aisay, look at what I am. Guru Ji says this is what I am, this is what we are, and this is what we have described. We are filthy with our misdeeds, we don’t understand the path; Too aisaa, and Guru ji says this is what you are, aisaa means this is what you are. You are immaculate, pure, divine, the knower of all things.

Ham paapee tum paap khandan neeko thaakur daysaa. Rahaa-o

Guru ji says, ham paapee, papee means sinners, we are sinners, the doers of misdeeds. If we are sinners then You, Tum, You are paap khandan, paap means sin and khandan means the destroyer; Guru Ji you are the destroyer of sins. It is as if Guru Ji is saying if we are the negative side of the magnet, you are the positive side. Oh God, if we are the doers of sin, you are the destroyer of sin. Neeko thaakur daysaa, neeko means beautiful, thaakur means the Lord and daysaa means abode, the place where the Lord abides. That place is beautiful where God abides. Rahaa-o, Guru Ji says pause and think.

Tum sabh saajay saaj nivaajay jee-o pind day paraanaa

Tum , You, O God, sabh means all, and saajay means to create. Oh God, You created all, saaj nivaajay and after creating them, what You do, You nivaajay, nivaajay means to bless them, to shower Your grace upon them. We are only walking around on this earth through a blessing. We have been blessed with this human life. We have been blessed to listen to the Hukamnama today. That is how many blessings God showers. Jee-o pind day paraanaa, You give to everyone. You give us soul, jee-o, You give pind, body and paraanaa, the paraana shakti, the breath of life, You bring that to everyone O God. But what are we?

Nirgunee-aaray gun nahee ko-ee tum daan dayh miharvaanaa

We are Nigunee-aaray, Nigunee means without any virtues, we are worthless. gun nahee ko-ee, Gun means virtue and nahee ko-ee means none at all; we have no virtues at all. Oh God, tum daan dayh miharvaanaa, means merciful, oh merciful Master, daan dayh, daan means gift, dayh means please bless me with. Guru Ji is saying we have no virtues, please bless us, O God.

Tum karahu bhalaa ham bhalo na jaanah tum sadaa sadaa da-i-aalaa

Oh God, You, tum karahu means You, karahumeans do. What do you do? Bhalaa, bhalaa means good. God whatever you do is good. In this line, Guru Ji is telling us how to live our life. Guru ji is saying tum karahu bhalaa, everything you do for us is good. Ham bhalo na jaanah, jaanah means to recognize, ham mean we. We don’t recognize it to be good. Whatever You do is perfect, because You are the perfect Master. But we do not see it to be good. We always say this should not have happened this way, that should not have happened that way. But everything You do is perfect. Tum sadaa sadaa da-i-aalaa, tum means You, are sadaa sadaa means forever and ever, You are da-i-aalaa means compassionate, the most kind.

Tum sukh-daa-ee purakh biDhaatay tum raakho apunay baalaa

You are God, Tum are Sukh daa-ee, daa-ee means the Giver, sukh means peace, You are the Giver of peace. Purakh biDhaatay, purakh, the primal being, biDhaatay means the Creator of all destinies. Tum raakho apunay baalaa oh God please raakho, please protect, apunay baalaa Your own children. Guru Ji says we are your children, please protect us.

Tum niDhaan atal sulitaan jee-a jant sabh jaachai

God, You are the greatest treasure, niDhaan, atal means eternal, sulitaan means King, You are the eternal King. Jee-a jant sabh jaachai, jee-a jant all beings, all creatures sabh means all and jaachai means beg, they all beg from you oh God. All creatures they are your beggars. They all beg from you. They all ask You to shower them with Your Grace.

Kaho naanak ham ihai havaalaa raakh santan kai paachhai

Guru ji says Kaho Nanak, Nanak says ham ihai havaalaa, ham means us, havaalaa means a condition, situation; I am in this situation, oh Lord, no virtue, I have done misdeeds, and this is my condition. The saving grace that I ask for O God is this raakh, please keep me, but with who? Santan kai paachhai, santan means saints and kai paachhai means on the path of. Guru Ji is saying, oh God I have no virtue. The only path that I can see to save me is the path of the saints. Keep me on the path of the saints forever and ever. That is the only way of redeeming this soul.

May Guru Ji bless us. We have no virtue, we are full of misdeeds. May God Himself bless us and keep us on this path of the saints. As we say in the Ardas, Se-ee piaare mel jinhaan miliaan teraa naam chitt aavai, May we meet those beloved people with whom upon meeting we remember the name of God.

MaaDho ham aisay too aisaa. Ham paapee tum paap khandan neeko thaakur daysaa. Rahaa-o

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

• 1 month later...

RAAG SOOHEE, ASHTAPADEES, FOURTH MEHL, SECOND HOUSE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

If only someone would come, and lead me to meet my Darling Beloved; I would sell myself to him. || 1 || I long for the Blessed Vision of the Lords Darshan. When the Lord shows Mercy unto me, then I meet the True Guru; I meditate on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. || 1 || Pause || If You will bless me with happiness, then I will worship and adore You. Even in pain, I will meditate on You. || 2 || Even if You give me hunger, I will still feel satisfied; I am joyful, even in the midst of sorrow. || 3 || I would cut my mind and body apart into pieces, and offer them all to You; I would burn myself in fire. || 4 || I wave the fan over You, and carry water for You; whatever You give me, I take. || 5 || Poor Nanak has fallen at the Lords Door; please, O Lord, unite me with Yourself, by Your Glorious Greatness. || 6 || Taking out my eyes, I place them at Your Feet; after travelling over the entire earth, I have come to understand this. || 7 || If You seat me near You, then I worship and adore You. Even if You beat me and drive me out, I will still meditate on You. || 8 || If people praise me, the praise is Yours. Even if they slander me, I will not leave You. || 9 || If You are on my side, then anyone can say anything. But if I were to forget You, then I would die. || 10 || I am a sacrifice, a sacrifice to my Guru; falling at His Feet, I surrender to the Saintly Guru. || 11 || Poor Nanak has gone insane, longing for the Blessed Vision of the Lords Darshan. || 12 || Even in violent storms and torrential rain, I go out to catch a glimpse of my Guru. || 13 || Even though the oceans and the salty seas are very vast, the GurSikh will cross over it to get to his Guru. || 14 || Just as the mortal dies without water, so does the Sikh die without the Guru. || 15 || Just as the earth looks beautiful when the rain falls, so does the Sikh blossom forth meeting the Guru. || 16 || I long to be the servant of Your servants; I call upon You reverently in prayer. || 17 || Nanak offers this prayer to the Lord, that he may meet the Guru, and find peace. || 18 || You Yourself are the Guru, and You Yourself are the chaylaa, the disciple; through the Guru, I meditate on You. || 19 || Those who serve You, become You. You preserve the honor of Your servants. || 20 || O Lord, Your devotional worship is a treasure over-flowing. One who loves You, is blessed with it. || 21 || That humble being alone receives it, unto whom You bestow it. All other clever tricks are fruitless. || 22 || Remembering, remembering, remembering my Guru in meditation, my sleeping mind is awakened. || 23 || Poor Nanak begs for this one blessing, that he may become the slave of the slaves of the Lord. || 24 || Even if the Guru rebukes me, He still seems very sweet to me. And if He actually forgives me, that is the Gurus greatness. || 25 || That which Gurmukh speaks is certified and approved. Whatever the self-willed manmukh says is not accepted. || 26 || Even in the cold, the frost and the snow, the GurSikh still goes out to see his Guru. || 27 || All day and night, I gaze upon my Guru; I install the Gurus Feet in my eyes. || 28 || I make so many efforts for the sake of the Guru; only that which pleases the Guru is accepted and approved. || 29 || Night and day, I worship the Gurus Feet in adoration; have Mercy upon me, O my Lord and Master. || 30 || The Guru is Nanaks body and soul; meeting the Guru, he is satisfied and satiated. || 31 || Nanaks God is perfectly permeating and all-pervading. Here and there and everywhere, the Lord of the Universe. || 32 || 1 ||

:WW: :WW: :WW:

• 1 month later...