Todays Hukamnama

naam_jap

BILAAVAL, FIFTH MEHL:

Mother, father, children, relatives and siblings — O Nanak, the Supreme Lord is our help and support. || 1 || He blesses us with peace, and abundant celestial bliss. Perfect is the Bani, the Word of the Perfect Guru. His Virtues are so many, they cannot be counted. || 1 || Pause || God Himself makes all arrangements. Meditating on God, desires are fulfilled. || 2 || He is the Giver of wealth, Dharmic faith, pleasure and liberation. Meditating, meditating in remembrance on the Creator Lord, the Architect of Destiny, I am fulfilled. || 3 || In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, Nanak enjoys the Lord’s Love. He has returned home, with the Perfect Guru. || 4 || 12 || 17

Thursday, 13 Phalgun (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 805)

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TODEE, 5th GURU, 5th HOUSE, DU-PADAS:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Such is the blessing my God has bestowed upon me. He has totally banished the five evils and the illness of egotism from my body. || Pause || Breaking my bonds, and releasing me from vice and corruption, He has enshrined the Word of the Guru’s Shabad within my heart. The Lord has not considered my beauty or ugliness; instead, He has held me with love. I am drenched with His Love. || 1 || I behold my Beloved, now that the curtain has been torn away. My mind is happy, pleased and satisfied. My house is His; He is my God. Nanak is obedient to His Lord and Master. || 2 || 1 || 20 ||

Friday, 14 Phalgun (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 716)

JAITSREE, FOURTH MEHL:

The Lord’s Name does not abide within their hearts — their mothers should have been sterile. These bodies wander around, forlorn and abandoned, without the Name; their lives waste away, and they die, crying out in pain. || 1 || O my mind, chant the Name of the Lord, the Lord within you. The Merciful Lord God, Har, Har, has showered me with His Mercy; the Guru has imparted spiritual wisdom to me, and my mind has been instructed. || Pause || In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Kirtan of the Lord’s Praise brings the most noble and exalted status; the Lord is found through the True Guru. I am a sacrifice to my True Guru, who has revealed the Lord’s hidden Name to me. || 2 || By great good fortune, I obtained the Blessed Vision of the Darshan of the Holy; it removes all stains of sin. I have found the True Guru, the great, all-knowing King; He has shared with me the many Glorious Virtues of the Lord. || 3 || Those, unto whom the Lord, the Life of the world, has shown Mercy, enshrine Him within their hearts, and cherish Him in their minds. The Righteous Judge of Dharma, in the Court of the Lord, has torn up my papers; servant Nanak’s account has been settled. || 4 || 5 ||

Saturday, 15 Phalgun (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page : 697)

DHANAASAREE, FIRST MEHL, FIRST HOUSE, CHAU-PADAS:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. TRUTH IS THE NAME. CREATIVE BEING PERSONIFIED. NO FEAR. NO HATRED. IMAGE OF THE UNDYING. BEYOND BIRTH. SELF-EXISTENT. BY GURU’S GRACE:

My soul is afraid; to whom should I complain? I serve Him, who makes me forget my pains; He is the Giver, forever and ever. || 1 || My Lord and Master is forever new; He is the Giver, forever and ever. || 1 || Pause || Night and day, I serve my Lord and Master; He shall save me in the end. Hearing and listening, O my dear sister, I have crossed over. || 2 || O Merciful Lord, Your Name carries me across. I am forever a sacrifice to You. || 1 || Pause || In all the world, there is only the One True Lord; there is no other at all. He alone serves the Lord, upon whom the Lord casts His Glance of Grace. || 3 || Without You, O Beloved, how could I even live? Bless me with such greatness, that I may remain attached to Your Name. There is no other, O Beloved, to whom I can go and speak. || 1 || Pause || I serve my Lord and Master; I ask for no other. Nanak is His slave; moment by moment, bit by bit, he is a sacrifice to Him. || 4 || O Lord Master, I am a sacrifice to Your Name, moment by moment, bit by bit. || 1 || Pause || 4 || 1 ||

Monday, 17 Phalgun (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 660)

SHALOK, FIRST MEHL:

You may read and read loads of books; you may read and study vast multitudes of books. You may read and read boat-loads of books; you may read and read and fill pits with them. You may read them year after year; you may read them as many months are there are. You may read them all your life; you may read them with every breath. O Nanak, only one thing is of any account: everything else is useless babbling and idle talk in ego. || 1 || FIRST MEHL: The more one write and reads, the more one burns. The more one wanders at sacred shrines of pilgrimage, the more one talks uselessly. The more one wears religious robes, the more pain he causes his body. O my soul, you must endure the consequences of your own actions. One who does not eat the corn, misses out on the taste. One obtains great pain, in the love of duality. One who does not wear any clothes, suffers night and day. Through silence, he is ruined. How can the sleeping one be awakened without the Guru? One who goes barefoot suffers by his own actions. One who eats filth and throws ashes on his head — the blind fool loses his honor. Without the Name, nothing is of any use. One who lives in the wilderness, in cemetaries and cremation grounds — that blind man does not know the Lord; he regrets and repents in the end. One who meets the True Guru finds peace. He enshrines the Name of the Lord in his mind. O Nanak, when the Lord grants His Grace, He is obtained. He becomes free of hope and fear, and burns away his ego with the Word of the Shabad. || 2 || PAUREE: Your devotees are pleasing to Your Mind, Lord. They look beautiful at Your door, singing Your Praises. O Nanak, those who are denied Your Grace, find no shelter at Your Door; they continue wandering. Some do not understand their origins, and without cause, they display their self-conceit. I am the Lord’s minstrel, of low social status; others call themselves high caste. I seek those who meditate on You. || 9 ||

Tuesday, 18 Phalgun (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 467)

WADAHANS, FIFTH MEHL:

When You allow Yourself to be known, then we know You. We chant Your Name, which You have given to us. || 1 || You are so wonderful! Your creative potency is amazing! || 1 || Pause || You Yourself are the Cause of causes; You Yourself are the Creator. By the Hukam of Your Command, we are born, and by Your Command, we die. || 2 || Your Name is the Support of our mind and body. This is Your blessing to Nanak, Your slave. || 3 || 8 ||

Wednesday, 19 Phalgun (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page : 563)

WADAHANS, THIRD MEHL:

Egotism is opposed to the Name of the Lord; the two do not dwell in the same place. In egotism, selfless service cannot be performed, and so the mind goes unfulfilled. || 1 || O my mind, think of the Lord, and practice the Word of the Guru’s Shabad. If you submit to the Hukam of the Lord’s Command, you shall meet with the Lord, and then egotism will depart from within. || Pause || Egotism is within all bodies; through egotism, we come to be born. Egotism is utter darkness; in egotism, no one can understand anything. || 2 || In egotism, devotional worship cannot be performed, and the Hukam of the Lord’s Command cannot be understood. In egotism, the soul is in bondage, and the Naam does not come to abide in the mind. || 3 || O Nanak, meeting with the True Guru, egotism is eliminated, and then, the True One comes to dwell in the mind. Practicing Truth, abiding in Truth, and serving Truth, one is absorbed in the True One. || 4 || 9 || 12 ||

Thursday, 20 Phalgun (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 560)

DAYV-GANDHAAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

O Mother, I long to see the Feet of God. Be Merciful to me, O my Lord and Master, that I might never forsake them from my mind. || 1 ||Pause || Applying the dust of the feet of the Holy to my face and forehead, I burn away the poison of sexual desire and anger. I judge myself to be the lowest of all; in this way, I instill peace within my mind. || 1 || I sing the Glorious Praises of the Imperishable Lord and Master, and I shake off all my sins. I have found the gift of the treasure of the Naam, O Nanak; I hug it close, and enshrine it in my heart. ||2||19||

Saturday, 22 Phalgun (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page 531)

Shalok, Third Mehl:

Serving the Guru, peace is produced, and then one does not suffer in pain. The cycle of birth and death is brought to an end, and death has no power over at all. His mind is imbued with the Lord, and he remains merged in the True Lord. O Nanak, Iam a sacrifice to those who walk in the Way of the True Guru's Will. ||1|| Third Mehl: Without the Word of the Shabad, purity is not obtained, even though the soul-bride may adorn herself with all sorts of decorations. She does not know the value of her Husband Lord; she is attached to the love of duality. She is impure, and ill mannered, O Nanak; among Women, she is the most evil woman. ||2|| PAUREE: Be Kind to me, Lord, that I might chant the Word of your Bani. May I meditate on the Lord's Name, chant the Lord's Name, and obtain the profit of the Lord's Name. I am a sacrifice to those who chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, day and night. May I behold with my eyes those who worship and adore my Beloved True Guru. I am a sacrifice to my Guru, who has united me with my Lord, my friend, my very best friend. ||24||

Sunday,23 Phalgun (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page : 651)

DHANAASAREE, FIRST MEHL, CHHANT:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Why should I bathe at sacred shrines of pilgrimage? The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is the sacred shrine of pilgrimage. My sacred shrine of pilgrimage is spiritual wisdom within, and contemplation on the Word of the Shabad. The spiritual wisdom given by the Guru is the True sacred shrine of pilgrimage, where the ten festivals are always observed. I constantly beg for the Name of the Lord; grant it to me, O God, Sustainer of the world. The world is sick, and the Naam is the medicine to cure it; without the True Lord, filth sticks to it. The Guru’s Word is immaculate and pure; it radiates a steady Light. Constantly bathe in such a true shrine of pilgrimage. || 1 || Filth does not stick to the true ones; what filth do they have to wash off? If one strings a garland of virtues for oneself, what is there to cry for? One who conquers his own self through contemplation is saved, and saves others as well; he does not come to be born again. The supreme meditator is Himself the philosopher’s stone, which transforms lead into gold. The true man is pleasing to the True Lord. He is in ecstasy, truly happy, night and day; his sorrows and sins are taken away. He finds the True Name, and beholds the Guru; with the True Name in his mind, no filth sticks to him. || 2 || O friend, association with the Holy is the perfect cleansing bath. The singer who sings the Lord’s Praises is adorned with the Word of the Shabad. Worship the True Lord, and believe in the True Guru; this brings the merit of making donations to charity, kindness and compassion. The soul-bride who loves to be with her Husband Lord bathes at the Triveni, the sacred place where the Ganges, Jamuna and Saraswaati Rivers converge, the Truest of the True. Worship and adore the One Creator, the True Lord, who constantly gives, whose gifts continually increase. Salvation is attained by associating with the Society of the Saints, O friend; granting His Grace, God unites us in His Union. || 3 || Everyone speaks and talks; how great should I say He is? I am foolish, lowly and ignorant; it is only through the Guru’s Teachings that I understand. True are the Teachings of the Guru. His Words are Ambrosial Nectar; my mind is pleased and appeased by them. Loaded down with corruption and sin, people depart, and then come back again; the True Shabad is found through my Guru. There is no end to the treasure of devotion; the Lord is pervading everywhere. Nanak utters this true prayer; one who purifies his mind is True. || 4 || 1 ||

Monday, 24 Phalgun (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 687)