Todays Hukamnama

naam_jap

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

The love of Maya is enticing; without teeth, it has eaten up the world. The self-willed manmukhs are eaten away, while the Gurmukhs are saved; they focus their consciousness on the True Name. Without the Name, the world wanders around insane; the Gurmukhs come to see this. Involved in worldly affairs, he wastes his life in vain; the peace-giving Lord does not come to abide in his mind. O Nanak, they alone obtain the Name, who have such pre-ordained destiny. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: The home within is filled with Ambrosial Nectar, but the self-willed manmukh does not get to taste it. He is like the deer, who does not recognize its own musk-scent; it wanders around, deluded by doubt. The manmukh forsakes the Ambrosial Nectar, and instead gathers poison; the Creator Himself has fooled him. How rare are the Gurmukhs, who obtain this understanding; they behold the Lord God within themselves. Their minds and bodies are cooled and soothed, and their tongues enjoy the sublime taste of the Lord. Through the Word of the Shabad, the Name wells up; through the Shabad, we are united in the Lords Union. Without the Shabad, the whole world is insane, and it loses its life in vain. The Shabad alone is Ambrosial Nectar; O Nanak, the Gurmukhs obtain it. || 2 || PAUREE: The Lord God is inaccessible; tell me, how can we find Him? He has no form or feature, and He cannot be seen; tell me, how can we meditate on Him? The Lord is formless, immaculate and inaccessible; which of His Virtues should we speak of and sing? They alone walk on the Lords Path, whom the Lord Himself instructs. The Perfect Guru has revealed Him to me; serving the Guru, He is found. || 4 ||

Friday 19 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 643)

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JAITSREE, FOURTH MEHL:

The Lords Name does not abide within their hearts their mothers should have been sterile. These bodies wander around, forlorn and abandoned, without the Name; their lives waste away, and they die, crying out in pain. || 1 || O my mind, chant the Name of the Lord, the Lord within you. The Merciful Lord God, Har, Har, has showered me with His Mercy; the Guru has imparted spiritual wisdom to me, and my mind has been instructed. || Pause || In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Kirtan of the Lords Praise brings the most noble and exalted status; the Lord is found through the True Guru. I am a sacrifice to my True Guru, who has revealed the Lords hidden Name to me. || 2 || By great good fortune, I obtained the Blessed Vision of the Darshan of the Holy; it removes all stains of sin. I have found the True Guru, the great, all-knowing King; He has shared with me the many Glorious Virtues of the Lord. || 3 || Those, unto whom the Lord, the Life of the world, has shown Mercy, enshrine Him within their hearts, and cherish Him in their minds. The Righteous Judge of Dharma, in the Court of the Lord, has torn up my papers; servant Nanaks account has been settled. || 4 || 5 ||

Saturday 20 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page : 697)

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

Your life is slipping away, but you never even notice. You are constantly entangled in false attachments and conflicts. || 1 || Meditate, vibrate constantly, day and night, on the Lord. You shall be victorious in this priceless human life, in the Protection of the Lords Sanctuary. || 1 || Pause || You eagerly commit sins and practice corruption, but you do not enshrine the jewel of the Lords Name within your heart, even for an instant. || 2 || Feeding and pampering your body, your life is passing away, but you do not experience the state of victory of the Lord of the Universe. || 3 || So enter the Sanctuary of the All-powerful, Unfathomable Lord and Master. O God, O Searcher of hearts, please, save Nanak! || 4 || 27 || 33 ||

Sunday 21 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 743)

DHANAASAREE, CHHANT, FIRST MEHL:

Your Husband Lord is with you, O deluded soul-bride, but you do are not aware of Him. Your destiny is written on your forehead, according to your past actions. This inscription of past deeds cannot be erased; what do I know about what will happen? You have not adopted a virtuous lifestyle, and you are not attuned to the Lords Love; you sit there, crying over your past misdeeds.Wealth and youth are like the shade of the bitter swallow-wort plant; you are growing old, and your days are coming to their end. O Nanak, without the Naam, the Name of the Lord, you shall end up as a discarded, divorced bride; your own falsehood shall separate you from the Lord. || 1 || You have drowned, and your house is ruined; walk in the Way of the Gurus Will. Meditate on the True Name, and you shall find peace in the Mansion of the Lords Presence. Meditate on the Lords Name, and you shall find peace; your stay in this world shall last only four days. Sit in the home of your own being, and you shall find Truth; night and day, be with your Beloved. Without loving devotion, you cannot dwell in your own home listen, everyone! O Nanak, she is happy, and she obtains her Husband Lord, if she is attuned to the True Name. || 2 || If the soul-bride is pleasing to her Husband Lord, then the Husband Lord will love His bride. Imbued with the love of her Beloved, she contemplates the Word of the Gurus Shabad. She contemplates the Gurus Shabads, and her Husband Lord loves her; in deep humility, she worships Him in loving devotion. She burns away her emotional attachment to Maya, and in love, she loves her Beloved. She is imbued and drenched with the Love of the True Lord; she has become beautiful, by conquering her mind. O Nanak, the happy soul-bride abides in Truth; she loves to love her Husband Lord. || 3 || The soul-bride looks so beautiful in the home of her Husband Lord, if she is pleasing to Him. It is of no use at all to speak false words. If she speaks false, it is of no use to her, and she does not see her Husband Lord with her eyes. Worthless, forgotten and abandoned by her Husband Lord, she passes her life-night without her Lord and Master. Such a wife does not believe in the Word of the Gurus Shabad; she is caught in the net of the world, and does not obtain the Mansion of the Lords Presence. O Nanak, if she understands her own self, then, as Gurmukh, she merges in celestial peace. || 4 || Blessed is that soul-bride, who knows her Husband Lord. Without the Naam, she is false, and her actions are false as well. Devotional worship of the Lord is beautiful; the True Lord loves it. So immerse yourself in loving devotional worship of God. My Husband Lord is playful and innocent; imbued with His Love, I enjoy Him. She blossoms forth through the Word of the Gurus Shabad; she ravishes her Husband Lord, and obtains the most noble reward. O Nanak, in Truth, she obtains glory; in her Husbands home, the soul-bride looks beautiful. || 5 || 3 ||

Monday 22 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 689)

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

The Lord Himself has stood up to resolve the affairs of the Saints; He has come to complete their tasks. The land is beautiful, and the pool is beautiful; within it is contained the Ambrosial Water. The Ambrosial Water is filling it, and my job is perfectly complete; all my desires are fulfilled. Congratulations are pouring in from all over the world; all my sorrows are eliminated. The Vedas and the Puraanas sing the Praises of the Perfect, Unchanging, Imperishable Primal Lord.The Transcendent Lord has kept His promise, and confirmed His nature; Nanak meditates on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. || 1 || The Creator has given me the nine treasures, wealth and spiritual powers, and I do not lack anything. Eating, spending and enjoying, I have found peace; the gifts of the Creator Lord continually increase. His gifts increase and shall never be exhausted; I have found the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts. Millions of obstacles have all been removed, and pain does not even approach me. Tranquility, peace, poise and bliss in abundance prevail, and all my hunger is satisfied. Nanak sings the Glorious Praises of his Lord and Master, whose Glorious Greatness is wonderful and amazing. || 2 || It was His job, and He has done it; what can the mere mortal being do? The devotees are adorned, singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord; they proclaim His eternal victory. Singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord of the Universe, bliss wells up, and we are friends with the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. He who made the effort to construct this sacred pool how can his praises be recounted? The merits of the sixty-eight sacred shrines of pilgrimage, charity, good deeds and immaculate lifestyle, are found in this sacred pool. It is the natural way of the Lord and Master to purify sinners; Nanak takes the Support of the Word of the Shabad. || 3 || The treasure of virtue is my God, the Creator Lord; what Praises of Yours should I sing, O Lord? The prayer of the Saints is, O Lord and Master, please bless us with the supreme, sublime essence of Your Name. Please, grant us Your Name, grant us this blessing, and do not forget us, even for an instant. Chant the Glorious Praises of the World-Lord, O my tongue; sing them forever, night and day. One who enshrines love for the Naam, the Name of the Lord, his mind and body are drenched with Ambrosial Nectar. Prays Nanak, my desires have been fulfilled; gazing upon the Blessed Vision of the Lord, I live. || 4 || 7 || 10 ||

Tuesday 23 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 783)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

He alone is called a warrior, who is attached to the Lord?s Love in this age. Through the Perfect True Guru, he conquers his own soul, and then everything comes under his control. || 1 || Sing the Praises of the Lord and Master, with the love of your soul. Those who seek His Sanctuary, and meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, are blended with the Lord in celestial peace. || 1 || Pause || The feet of the Lord?s humble servant abide in my heart; with them, my body is made pure. O treasure of mercy, please bless Nanak with the dust of the feet of Your humble servants; this alone brings peace. || 2 || 4 || 35 ||

Wednesday 24 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 679)

SHALOK, FIRST MEHL:

You may read and read loads of books; you may read and study vast multitudes of books. You may read and read boat-loads of books; you may read and read and fill pits with them. You may read them year after year; you may read them as many months are there are. You may read them all your life; you may read them with every breath. O Nanak, only one thing is of any account: everything else is useless babbling and idle talk in ego. || 1 || FIRST MEHL: The more one write and reads, the more one burns. The more one wanders at sacred shrines of pilgrimage, the more one talks uselessly. The more one wears religious robes, the more pain he causes his body. O my soul, you must endure the consequences of your own actions. One who does not eat the corn, misses out on the taste. One obtains great pain, in the love of duality. One who does not wear any clothes, suffers night and day. Through silence, he is ruined. How can the sleeping one be awakened without the Guru? One who goes barefoot suffers by his own actions. One who eats filth and throws ashes on his head the blind fool loses his honor. Without the Name, nothing is of any use. One who lives in the wilderness, in cemetaries and cremation grounds that blind man does not know the Lord; he regrets and repents in the end. One who meets the True Guru finds peace. He enshrines the Name of the Lord in his mind. O Nanak, when the Lord grants His Grace, He is obtained. He becomes free of hope and fear, and burns away his ego with the Word of the Shabad. || 2 || PAUREE: Your devotees are pleasing to Your Mind, Lord. They look beautiful at Your door, singing Your Praises. O Nanak, those who are denied Your Grace, find no shelter at Your Door; they continue wandering. Some do not understand their origins, and without cause, they display their self-conceit. I am the Lords minstrel, of low social status; others call themselves high caste. I seek those who meditate on You. || 9 ||

Thursday 25 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 467)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

You are the Giver, O Lord, O Cherisher, my Master, my Husband Lord. Each and every moment, You cherish and nurture me; I am Your child, and I rely upon You alone. || 1 || I have only one tongue ? which of Your Glorious Virtues can I describe? Unlimited, infinite Lord and Master ? no one knows Your limits. || 1 || Pause || You destroy millions of my sins, and teach me in so many ways. I am so ignorant ? I understand nothing at all. Please honor Your innate nature, and save me! || 2 || I seek Your Sanctuary ? You are my only hope. You are my companion, and my best friend. Save me, O Merciful Saviour Lord; Nanak is the slave of Your home. || 3 || 12 ||

Friday 26 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 673)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

He does not let His devotees see the difficult times; this is His innate nature. Giving His hand, He protects His devotee; with each and every breath, He cherishes him. || 1 || My consciousness remains attached to God. In the beginning, and in the end, God is always my helper and companion; blessed is my friend. || Pause || My mind is delighted, gazing upon the marvellous, glorious greatness of the Lord and Master. Remembering, remembering the Lord in meditation, Nanak is in ecstasy; God, in His perfection, has protected and preserved his honor. || 2 || 15 || 46 ||

Saturday 27 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 682)

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

The Simritees, the Vedas, the Puraanas and the other holy scriptures proclaim that without the Naam, everything is false and worthless. || 1 || The infinite treasure of the Naam abides within the minds of the devotees. Birth and death, attachment and suffering, are erased in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. || 1 || Pause || Those who indulge in attachment, conflict and egotism shall surely weep and cry. Those who are separated from the Naam shall never find any peace. || 2 || Crying out, “Mine! Mine!”, he is bound in bondage. Entangled in Maya, he is reincarnated in heaven and hell. || 3 || Searching, searching, searching, I have come to understand the essence of reality. Without the Naam, there is no peace at all, and the mortal will surely fail. || 4 || Many come and go; they die, and die again, and are reincarnated. Without understanding, they are totally useless, and they wander in reincarnation. || 5 || They alone join the Saadh Sangat, unto whom the Lord becomes Merciful. They chant and meditate on the Ambrosial Name of the Lord. || 6 || Uncounted millions, so many they are endless, search for Him. But only that one, who understands his own self, sees God near at hand. || 7 || Never forget me, O Great Giver — please bless me with Your Naam.To sing Your Glorious Praises day and night — O Nanak, this is my heart-felt desire. || 8 || 2 || 5 || 16 ||

Monday 29 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 761)