Wicked Artistic Picture Of Khalsa Warrior

Guest Akaal108

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are asking about me- the answer is no, can't speak for my friend in the picture, but I fail to see any of the neccesarry equipment about. In a piece as techinically perfect as this, one would expect such an oversight would not have been made if indeed the pose the 'Khalsa Warrior' has adopted was Sukha induced.

Guest SScom
SScom, I am disappointed in you- I don't think you are showing the picture the respect it deserves. I will say no more about this issue- (unless someone posts after me, as I want the last post on a thread for once!)

87876[/snapback]

nahi ji. im saying its brilliant! the ruler lines going accross this magnicent piece of... art is just a brilliant touch.

What about the mysterious mystical writing in the top right hand corner- please do share your interpretation of this genius effect too.

88394[/snapback]

Early analysis of this piece suggests the mysterious writing at the top says something along the lines, 'to take the world grin.gif '....and underneath this the artist seems to have including more mysterious writing, 'Poortan Singh'. Surely this should raise the value of the piece. (btw h4rpal bro...i wont let this topic end with u, it should be me finishing it <_< )

This is a very intresting interpretation. I originally thought it said " to Jake the allu"

I'm afraid I am not familiar with these historical texts to the degree you are, hence my error.

Also, could 'Poortan Singh' be translated to Puraatan Singh, or Pooran Singh in modern terms?, or is this just the name of this (assumed) noble warrior?

Even more interestingly, I think I may have located an original signature at the bottom of the piece (unless there was some dirt on the scanner!). If this proves to be accurate, the value is certain to rocket (maybe even upwards!)

(p.s., give it up APDF, although your artistic interpretations and translations of ancient texts on artwork are much appreciated, I'm gonna end this thread)

Hmmm I agree H4pal, after further analysis of this priceless work, the ancient text on the right seems to suggest that the khalsa is ready to take a allu from the world....although this may not be 100% correct based on countless studies performed over here it seems the most likely interpretation.

As for the middle part of the text, I think back in the day the word, 'Poortan Singh' was used but due to western influences it has changed to, 'Puraatan Singh' grin.gif However, the T in poortan seems to be missing and as a result I think you were right in suggesting that the word pooran singh could point to the noble warrior. A second more interesting theory, which i dont think we can rule out is that the artist had trouble spelling.... this surely adds to the value of the piece.

What we havent managed to find out is the time period this work of art was produced and the person who the credit needs to go to. Sadly i think the signature is on the original but this copy cut it off....maybe its better to let such things remain a mystery.