khalistan

are you in favour of khalistan?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. are you in favour of khalistan?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Bibi Jessika Jeeo

Atleast with a separate Government… our own federal government… we wont have a non-Sikh army attacking Harimandhir Sahib like the Hindus did in 1984.

Sorry, but your comment does not reflect what a separate government will do today. I think a separate government back in 1984 would not have prevented an attack on Harimandhir Sahib because it was used as a headquarters for Sikh militants (stupid idea for basing their HQ at our holy shrine)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard the sikhs said no to khalistan after getting independance from england. they said they would like to stick with the rest of india like brothers. i think we need more land for sure but i'm not sure about what the separate government plans to change
Sikhs were betrayed and left all alone during brit/india/pak dividing stuff during late 40's.. What's the reality? British strongly favored Sikhs to take their sep. land. They even offered Peace keeping brit troops (18,000 +) all around punjab just for security... But Clever guys like nehru/ghandi fooled sikh leaders very easily.. When master tara singh (?) was on tour to UK along with Jinnah and Nehru.. They had close door meeting with Brits about the dividing the brit india empire and at the end of that meeting finished .. Brit leaders specially take Sikh leader to the corner and said.. "SIngh, wait we have loads of stuff to discuss with you guys.. wait till these guys gone" (I forgot the book name, but i can find it for fact).. That Sikh leader told this to nehru later (Stupid eh?) and then Nehru said.. Forget them singh, we will rule all over india, i can make u vice-president (I think they did, but for few months).. So that's how we lost the chance of getting khalistan..
I thi

nk a separate government back in 1984 would not have prevented an attack on Harimandhir Sahib because it was used as a headquarters for Sikh militants (stupid idea for basing their HQ at our holy shrine)

So george washington (1st president of US) was big militant too.. (By brit)

So let say you are rite.. It's bad idea for freedom fighters to base their camps inside Golden temple (god forgive me for saying this).... Anyway.. It's a bad idea for them to do that.. SO.. DO YOU or DO YOU NOT Agree with THE ACTION Taken by military/Government ? (Compare that events with the last year Palestine/israel fight over couple of guys hiding inside the christ birthplace temple)

Sunny, who gave indira Gandhi a non-Sikh the right to tell Sikhs like Sant Jee that they are not allowed to use the Akal Takht as his HQ? Sant Jee did not require anyone’s permission to stay at his father’s (Guru Jee) house. We certainly do not want non-Sikhs like Indira Gandhi and the GOI telling us whether or not we are allowed to stay at Akal Takht.

At least if we had our own Raaj, our own federal government, we would not have seen 1984 where the Sikhs were humiliated, thousands dying without mercy, instead we would have our own military of Gursikhs which would give a befitting reply to any enemy trying to attack the Harimandhir Sahib. Furthermore, if we had our own raj we would not have seen the Narakdharis going scot-free after murdering 13 gursikhs. That is why we need out own Raaj…

I am going to respond to both comments in this post (too lazy to put two of them up).

Vicky, like all Sikhs I do not agree with the events of 1984 or the campaign carried out by Indira Ghandhi. Any competent person knows that it was completely wrong. But the fact that the Golden Temple was used as a military HQ raises my eyebrow. Why? Because it gave the Indian government an even greater motive to attack it with much greater force. Think about it. Sikh militants transformed the golden temple into a MILITARY target by basing their HQ there. It was no longer a holy shrine in the eyes of the government. It was a hideout for what they believed to be were terrorists. This was the Indian government's chance to strike a dagger through the heart of the Sikh nation. In other words, the fact that the Sikh militants staged their operations at our holy shrine confirmed their own fate - operation blue star.

Even if the militant fighters didn't base their HQ at the Golden Temple, I'm sure some sort of action still would ahve been taken against it (indira was attacking most gurdwara's throughout Punjab). But this action probably would not have measured up to the attack on Sikh militants hiding in their HQ (Golden Temple).

Vir Singh, I am not questioning the reasoning behind using the Golden Temple as a HQ. The freedom fighters did what they did.

You all refer to the past as a reason for creating a new Khalistan for the present, but times have certainly changed and the mentality within the Indian government has changed to. Sikhs are an important part of India's current society. Punjab is an integral part of India and India is important to Punja

b.

BTW, I voted no because I believe we are not ready for a Khalistani state. Why? Because our religious foundation is not strong enough. We must have firm religious cohesion and come together for one purpose. Why are we yelling pro Khalistan slogans when there are problems within our religion? I think dealing with our religion is more important than dealing with separatism.

Sunny

BTW, I voted no because I believe we are not ready for a Khalistani state. Why? Because our religious foundation is not strong enough. We must have firm religious cohesion and come together for one purpose. Why are we yelling pro Khalistan slogans when there are problems within our religion? I think dealing with our religion is more important than dealing with separatism.

Our RELIGON has cohesion and perfection in its principles however, No RELIGON has a firm religous "cohesion" amongst FOLLOWERS. Social problems within the Sikh Community are not religous probelms. In the Sikh community we dont fight over who we are praying too. Our RELIGON IS CLEAR, everyone can follow its values even without being Sikh. Most of the World beleives in Sikh Values however, they may come across as Human Rights, the Red Cross, the Red Cresent and the U.N.

People who question our GURU GRANTH SAHIB, and believe otherwise have every right too but they do not represent a flaw within our Religon but simply there own personal opinions.

Anything to do with worldly poessesions are social problems, GURBANI is TRANSPARENT and CONVEY's one UNIVERSAL MESSAGE.

And about whos gonna rule Khalistan

To simply reject the notion of Khalistan due to the fact of the possible imperfections part of a community or of a group of people, is not a valid reason....Thats like sayin that since George Bush is in powe

r...there should not be an America anymore... or because some Americans may be sinful, or may engage in criminal acts that the entire American Population are not capable of governing themselves and should not be given the right of freedom

Our RELIGON has cohesion and perfection in its principles however, No RELIGON has a firm religous "cohesion" amongst FOLLOWERS. Social problems within the Sikh Community are not religous probelms. In the Sikh community we dont fight over who we are praying too. Our RELIGON IS CLEAR, everyone can follow its values even without being Sikh. Most of the World beleives in Sikh Values however, they may come across as Human Rights, the Red Cross, the Red Cresent and the U.N.

People who question our GURU GRANTH SAHIB, and believe otherwise have every right too but they do not represent a flaw within our Religon but simply there own personal opinions.

Anything to do with worldly poessesions are social problems, GURBANI is TRANSPARENT and CONVEY's one UNIVERSAL MESSAGE.

And about whos gonna rule Khalistan

To simply reject the notion of Khalistan due to the fact of the possible imperfections part of a community or of a group of people, is not a valid reason....Thats like sayin that since George Bush is in power...there should not be an America anymore... or because some Americans may be sinful, or may engage in criminal acts that the entire American Population are not capable of governing themselves and should not be given the right of freedom

I was NOT referring to Sikhism as an entity/religion. Our RELIGION is perfect in the Guru G

ranth Sahib, but not perfect in PRACTICE. Social problems in our community DO have an impact on our religion. For example, we need to fix the gurdwara's because quite frankly some of them are money making machines.

You do not need to tell me that our religion is clear, everyone here knows it. I am not arguing against that. By religious cohesion I meant a community that embraces the SAME values and see's the light in the Guru Granth Sahib. If they can achieve this, you take care of one aspect of our social problems.

ANd what's with the George Bush example? That's like comparing apples to oranges. India is a totally different playing field.

I am not rejecting Khalistan entirely on the notion of imperfections within our community. THat is just one side of the story.

Guest Akaal108
.If we don't get Khalistan, I think Sikhi would disappear centuries from now. We r seeing it now as well.This is how badly we require Khalistan.

Sikhi is not like an season that would dis-appear.

Is this kinda faith guroo's sahiban expected from us?????????

Sikhi is an truth. Ever thought of truth dis-appearing???.

I dont know people worry about sikhi too much.

Our guroo's left an growing seed of sikhi everywhere. Just wait and watch CHAAINEVIE CRORE KHALSA AAOOOU Thairkaie (960 MILLION KHALSA SHALL BE)

wubb.gifrockon.gif

SOO true vir singh.. I learned all about sikhi while living here in US..

I did heard a lot about Singh Sabha Movement and i think my elder relatives participated in it too.. but i have no clue what it was about.. Can u pls shed more info on it.. (ur's personal info, cauz i like to learn that way hehe.. )

Vicky, like all Sikhs I do not agree with the events of 1984 or the campaign carried out by Indira Ghandhi. Any competent person knows that it was completely wrong. But the fact that the Golden Temple was used as a military HQ raises my eyebrow. Why? Because it gave the Indian government an even greater motive to attack it with much greater force. Think about it. Sikh militants transformed the golden temple into a MILITARY target by basing their HQ there. It was no longer a holy shrine in the eyes of the government. It was a hideout for what they believed to be were terrorists. This was the Indian government's chance to strike a dagger through the heart of the Sikh nation. In other words, the fact that the Sikh militants staged their operations at our holy shrine confirmed their own fate - operation blue star.

Okay Sunny bruv, let say you are right at some extent... But try to get another view point.. these hindia peeps made those singhs to be in that position.. You don't have clue veerjee how well organized they were and how step by step they potrayed normal family sikh male as militant.. Did u watched the

movie "Maachis"? Did u get any idea from that movie? (it does tell lil truth though !