sarbloh bibek

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That topic was a little different..

it may be prominent in the akj in most peoples eyes.. but it is also prominent in most other panthic groups such as Dam Dami Taksal, Nihungs, and other smaller groups..

Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee and Baba Jarnail Singh Jee from my knowledge were both strict sarblohis..

Sarbloh/bibek is where one eats only from hands of amritdharis or rehatvaan gursikhs and eats only in iron.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

I was the one who started this topic to find out sarbloh bibek, about to start it myself, but know i will not. According to many taksalis, sarbloh bibek is nothing that guru je started and sant jarnail singh je khalsa bhindranwale and sant gurbachan singh je khalsa bhindranwale did not pravtice sarbloh bibek. Since i live according to the taksali maryada, which is the original maryada and has not been changed in the taksal since guru gobind singh je. The taksali singhs I asked are very trustworthy and close to baba thakur singh je.

bhull chukk maff

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

sant jarnail singh je khalsa bhindranwale and sant gurbachan singh je khalsa bhindranwale did not pravtice sarbloh bibek

what?! even in books written about them it says they did.. i beleive it even says it in baba gurbachan singhs autobiography (not sure)

i have seen many pictures of baba jarnail singh jee eating in sarbloh.. and have talked to singhs close to him that said he followed it strictly..

i personally know MANY taksalis who follow strict sarbloh bibek and have heard of MANY in mehta who also follow it..

whoever told you this is spewing utter nonsense..

as I have heard, Baba Mohan Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindrawaale is also a Sarblohi Singh.

The Singhs who do seva of Punj Pyare also have to keep Sarbloh bebeaik. I know of a Taksali Singh from Kaunke-Kalaa and he only eats out of Sarbloh because he does seva of Punj Pyare.

I also know of many Singhs in California who happen to be associated with Damdami Taksal and these Singhs prefer to eat only out of Sarbloh than other bhaande.

just because the taksal was started by the guru doesnt mean that their rehat is 100percent correct and infallible.

1stly, guru ji didnt start the taksal as a jatha you could take amrit from (or i dont think so anyway). it was meant to be a place for learning and missionary activity.

2ndly, what makes you so sure the taksal rehat hasnt changed over time, just like all the other things that have?

and i know for a FACT that taksaalis and nihungs keep by sarbloh bibek. theres a bhai daya singh rehatnama that tells us to. and theres a small group of singhs in amritsar i think who dont allow any bahman influence on them and they also keep bibek.

rwmklI mhlw 9 ]

raamakalee mehalaa 9 ||

Raamkalee, Ninth Mehla:

pRwnI nwrwien suiD lyih ]

praanee naaraaein sudhh laehi ||

O mortal, focus your thoughts on the Lord.

iCnu iCnu AauD GtY inis bwsur ibRQw jwqu hY dyh ]1] rhwau ]

shhin shhin aoudhh ghattai nis baasur brithhaa jaath hai dhaeh ||1|| rehaao ||

Moment by moment, your life is running out; night and day, your body is passing away in vain. ||1||Pause||

qrnwpo ibiKAn isau KoieE bwlpnu AigAwnw ]

tharanaapo bikhian sio khoeiou baalapan agiaanaa ||

You have wasted your youth in corrupt pleasures, and your childhood in ignorance.

ibriD BieE AjhU nhI smJY kaun kumiq aurJwnw ]1]

biradhh bhaeiou ajehoo nehee samajhai koun kumath ourajhaanaa ||1||

You have grown old, and even now, you do not understand, the evil-mindedness in which you are entangled. ||1||

mwns jnmu dIE ijh Twkuir so qY ikau ibsrwieE ]

maanas janam dheeou jih t(h)aakur so thai kio bisaraaeiou ||

Why have you forgotten your Lord and Master, who blessed you with this human life?

mukqu hoq nr jw kY ismrY inmK n qw kau gwieE ]2]

mukath hoth nar jaa kai simarai nimakh n thaa ko gaaeiou ||2||

Remembering Him in meditation, one is liberated. And yet, you do not sing His Praises, even for an instant. ||2||

mwieAw ko mdu khw krqu hY sMig n kwhU jweI ]

maaeiaa ko madh kehaa karath hai sa(n)g n kaahoo jaaee ||

Why are you intoxicated with Maya? It will not go along with you.

nwnku khqu cyiq icMqwmin hoie hY AMiq shweI ]3]3]81]

naanak kehath chaeth chi(n)thaaman hoe hai a(n)th sehaaee ||3||3||81||

Says Nanak, think of Him, remember Him in your mind. He is the Fulfiller of desires, who will be your help and support in the end. ||3||3||81||