Kids @ The Gurdwara

Akaali

Whenever I goto the gurdwara sahib I always see kids running around, playing games, etc. etc. They're kids they do that stuff, but sometimes it gets out of hand, do you think parents need to have more control over them? What else do you think can be done to control the kids?

Gurdwara Sahib is a place of peace where people come to listen to gurbani keertan/katha, and do seva, so pretty much, whats your take on kids being @ the gurdwara? Thought it was a good discussion topic.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gurfateh!!

I believe Akaal, is happy when His children are. As long as theyre not running and screaming round the Darbar Sahib its fine.

I remember as a child playing hide and seek in the Gurdwara and creating havoc, for which my parents would tell me off. However Bhai Sahib Bhai Norang Singh Ji, use to tell my parents to let me be, as they also believed, when Maharaaj Ji's children are happy He is happy too.

Gurfateh!!

Gurfateh!!

That i agree with, it is disrespectful if lil kids are running around in the Darbar Sahib distracting the Sangats attention, and yes the parents should intervene.

What i think may be a good idea for Gurdwareh in the future is to perhaps have a playroom/nursery where children can do as they please.

At least this will attract them to stay in the Gurdwara and grow up with other Gursikh children. This would also attract the parents to spend more time in the Gurdwara instead of thinking, i should stay at home with the kids so they dont run around.

Just an idea.

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Gurfateh!!

Dear sisters/brothers..

kids or the smaller versions.

wonderful thing, taking your kids to the godwara,

but when your babies starts to cry, hungry or as per norm babies cry during the ardass why don’t the mothers take the babies out so the rest of the people can hear what’s going on ?

on so many occasions all u hear is babies crying and their mothers trying to calm them down with no result, disturbing everyone, why don’t they stand out side?

Am I being too selfish ? :lol: @

I went to one wedding and there was a few ladies with small babies that cried all through the wedding, no one said anything but it started to be a game, every one turned their heads to see who was crying now, as soon as one babies stopped crying the next one started…………. LOL.gif

I think everyone was glad when the wedding had finished! pray.gif

playroom/nursery does sound like a good idear,

kids being kids run and play games "it what they do" . LOL.gif

so we cant really blame them.

may be we should have a area where they could be left in saftey. :lol:

when they are older and interested they will come and listen to gurbani.

Dear sisters/brothers..

kids or the smaller versions.

wonderful thing, taking your kids to the godwara,

but when your babies starts to cry, hungry or as per norm babies cry during the ardass why don’t the mothers take the babies out so the rest of the people can hear what’s going on ?

on so many occasions all u hear is babies crying and their mothers trying to calm them down with no result, disturbing everyone, why don’t they stand out side?

Am I being too selfish ? :lol: @

I went to one wedding and there was a few ladies with small babies that cried all through the wedding, no one said anything but it started to be a game,  every one turned their heads to see who was crying now, as soon as one babies stopped crying the next one started…………. LOL.gif

I think everyone was glad when the wedding had finished!  pray.gif

156008[/snapback]

What a great idea! I think you might be onto something. I think mothers might be feeling a bit uncomfortable and concerned that others are uncomfortable. It's a bit harder for mothers and babies to leave, so all things being equal, maybe all those except mothers and babies could leave. No one feels uncomfortable and no one is disturbed.

Just bugging you bro-- but i think you get my point.