• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• I still think about that incident now and then, just haven't heard any developments regarding what happened, just like so many other things that have happened in Panjab!
    • There was a young Singh from abroad who went to Anandpur Sahib Hola and got into a fight with some Punjabis who were playing loud non-religious music. He had bana and a weapon or two. There were more of them than him.  He ended up losing his life. Don't be like that. Not worth it to fight manmukhs. @californiasardar1 ਮੂਰਖੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਨ ਲੁਝੀਐ ॥੧੯॥ Argue not with a fool. p473
    • Bro, if by weapons you mean a rifle, OK. Otherwise, you won't be questioned by police for merely having a full length kirpan or salotar. You can also have airguns and air rifles without license. The "free train travel" is in the lower class of the Indian train system. Not recommended. Also, you can travel on airplanes in India with a small kirpan. Over your clothes or under, it doesn't matter. Keep it a reasonable small size and you can get your bigger kirpan from your luggage when you arrive. No one bothers you and the vast majority of people are respectful. Practically, the places you'll be going to are Punjab, Delhi, Hemkunt Sahib, Patna Sahib, and Hazur Sahib. You simply will not have any problems there.
    • Can actually even go around with bana and weapons if you get a licence from dal panth after taking khanda pahul. Even dal panth Nihang Singhs should be able to supply a India certification licence booklet in USA and Canada, the booklet allows free train travel and allows carrying of weapons - so I wouldn't see problems in being sabat soorat! 
    • The simple answer is: where would you "include" it? I mean if Bhagat Kabir ji wrote a shabad and it makes sense to include it in the Raag Gauri section, then Guru Arjan Dev ji "included" it. The shabads of the bhagats and the Gurus after Guru Nanak Dev ji all kind of fit in. But where would Guru Gobind Singh ji's bani be "included"? It wouldn't. It would all have to go in the end, not "into" Guru Granth Sahib ji. Effectively, it would be like binding two different books together.  So the real question for your friends is: Why would Guru ji want to bind two different granths together?

Important Information

Terms of Use