What Do U Do When Ur Bff Turns

canadian_sikh

stop tryin to convince them.. everybody is entitled to their own beliefs..

i know some people are gonna say 'stop associating with that person'... the choice is really yours.. if u feel being around this person brings u down spirituaally and/or mentally.. then maybe you should stop chillin wit them.. but if have no problem, and are gettin along jus fine w/out discussing religion/spirituality.. then i don't see it as too much a problem.. they know how u feel, and you know how they feel... so just move on in whatever way u chose... u might not agree wit their beliefs, but at the same time you shouldn't force ur beliefs on others...

Fateh

i agree wid veerji.....just stop tryin to convince em.....das up to them if they dun believe in god.....yet if they are good people and all then stay friends....yet if ur bff is like part uv da bad sangat....i would stay awya from em.....i dun really know wat else to say.......but heera singh veerji's advice is awesome! :TH:

Fateh

That last response was spot on! Good Answer.

You cant just isolate yourself from everyone and not associate with ones that dont 'match' your standards.. live your gursikhi life as per gurmat .. do not ever force .. but still be friends with not only gursikhs but everyone and you never know what can inspire someone to get on with gursikhijeevan !

All wicked repliess :@

My best friend decided to cut her hair randomly...because it was 'too long'....and since then shes been focused away from Sikhi, whereas before she would be more into her Sikhi. Instead of me saying 'dont do this, dont do that'...i would be like 'come gurdwara with me one day....oo theres a rainsbhai' or i would sit with her and just do simran for a while or kirtan.....try encouraging her from a different viewlpoint..its working so far :lol:

wjkk wjkf

thnx for ur answers sangat ji but the problem is is tht i heard ur not suposed to hang out wth n e 1 tht doestn believe in GOd. then on top of tht, my bff is changing. she used to be a realy good girl type but latly she's changing. i dont want 2 lose my bff but i dont want her acting the way she is right now. what do i do? :lol: tongue.gif : @

Guest Glasgow Singh

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!!

it is written many times - im sure that one of the thousands of more knowledgable persons on these forums could give you a quote, that we ought to keep the company of "saints". now i take this to mean persons who we feel can help us on our spiritual path , NOT the so called sant babas etc, i think keeping good company is very important, and it is also hard to do - you want to keep your friends, but if they are doing anti gurmat stuff, then you must try not associate as closely with them. dont isolate yourself - ive tried this, and it doesnt work, and i suppose indirectly or not - ur putting others down, judging them , by believing that they arent good enough to be around. So take into consideration some of my veerji and penji's replies, but at the end of the day do a proper, meaningful ardaas, and ask Maharaj to bless you with the gift of being able to make the correct choice. . remember, we are ALL his children..

Daasan Daas

Singh

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!!