Slow Downloads and Websurfing.......helppppppppp

Slave2uAll

sangat ji i need ur help plzzzzz!! no.gifno.gif for some reason my downloads are very slow! and also when i surf the web its like im on 56k again :wub: but when i play games online its fine.. <_< so must be a problem with my browser or something "technical" like that....ive have 512 connection, 3.0ghz 512ram and i used Mozilla Firefox Web-browser. please help sangat ji i need to download kirtan! im behind! no.gifno.gif

• 3 weeks later...
well for firefox u can make your pages load 1-3 times faster by doin some stuff to the settings

check out this thread:

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?show...t=0entry95296

and for downloads get download accelerator plus

92955[/snapback]

I work for an I.T helpdesk and deal with problems like this 24/7....always search and clear .tmp and .chk files defrag disk drive and always run antivirus scans every week, download spybot from www.download.com i would say the best spyware scanner around and if you wanna go deeper you can search for dodgy programs via bootable operating systems, dos or linux.

Since this topic has surfaced again here is how to monitor something dodgy going on with the internet.....

Connect to the net and then run internet explorer or wat have u. Close all browsers after that and make sure nothing is using the internet.

in your system tray, on the bottom right you might see a network icon, which usually flashes sky blue and then goes to dark blue. Double click on that and it brings up your modem stats.

Carefully monitor your incoming and outgoing bandwidth. See whether it stays constant or changes rapidly. If it changes rapidly then you probably have some spyware or program in the background that is hogging the bandwith, sometime having automatic windows updates on also slows the net down cos it downloads stuff in the background.