election of smethwick gurdwara

1) Sant Jarnail Sngh and many other Shaheeds fought for ALL Sikhs………..then why do some “castes” feel the need to set up their own Gurudwara i.e. Ramgarhia, Bhatra, Ravidasia. Kumar etc ---- ANSWER... GO ASK THEM, GURU NANAK GURDWARA SMETHWICK, DOES NOT SAY JUST JATT JATT JATT, ITS NOT CALLED THE JATT GURDWARA SMETHWICK, ITS CALLED GURU NANAK GURDWARA SMETHWICK

2) Is the committee at Smethick Gurudwara a true reflection of the Sikh community in Smethwich i.e. represting all groups i.e. Jats, Tarkan, Kumar, Ravidas, Nai, etc etc………………or only Sikhs of Jat background? -- ANSWER YES THERE ARE PEOPLE FROM ALL DIFFERENT CASTES IN THE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE OF GURU NANAK GURDWARA SMETHWICK

3) Why are Sikhs dieing from alcoholism (especially in Birmingham), more than any other group? Of late we have overtaken the Irish, who were the largest group with alcoholism as a problem. -- ANSWER... WHATS THAT GOT TO DO WITH THE TOPIC ABOVE? GURU NANAK GURDWARA SMETHWICK HAS A ADVICE SYSTEM SET UP TO TACKLE THIS PROBLEM

4) Why aren’t there more community facities at Smethwick Gurudwara i.e. a Gym, Social Club for elders, Advice Centres, Cultural Activities, Museum of Sikh History (where pictures of Shaeeds and Sants could be kept with a historical context)? ANSWER .... KHALSA JI YOU HAVE JUST SAID PICTURES SHOULD NOT BE UP IN A GURDWARA? ARE YOU SUGGESTING TO THE GURDWARA TO BUILD A NEW PLACE? AND WHAT MAKES YOU THINK "THE SO CALLED PEOPLE WHO BOW TO PHOTO'S WILL NOT BOW TO PHOTOS HERE????????"

5) Why is the finishing so poor on the building work that was done on the building work done a few years ago? --- ANSWER.. YES THIS IS WHAT I AM SAYING, THESE ARE THINGS THE NEW COMMITTEE SHOULD LOOK INTO THE PREVIOUS COMMITTEES HAVE IGNORED AND LET THE CONDITION OF THE BUILDING OF GURU NANAK GURDWARA SMETHWICK DETERIRORATE

6) Why cannot the temple provide decent toilet facilities that are regularly cleaned?----- ANSWER THIS IS ANOTHER ISSUE WHICH THE NEW COMMITTEE WILL TAKE UP NOT ONLY CLEANING THEM, BUT TOTALLY NEW TOILETS WIL BETTER FACILITIES SHOULD BE INSTALLED FOR BOTH THE MEN AND LADIES AND FOR A GURDWARA LIKE THAT MUST "AT LEAST" BE CLEANED TWICE A DAY, EVERYDAY, NOT ONLY THAT BUT GENERAL HYGINE LEVELS SHOULD GO UP AROUND THE GURDWARA

7) Why don’t they have Gurbani recitals in English to attract the youth into the temple? -- ANSWER.. THEY DID HAVE & THEY DO HAVE, BUT NO ONE BOTHERS TO COME

QUESTIONS LIKE THOSE ARE VALID AND I AM WILLING TO ANSWER.

95039[/snapback]

I like wah he says :)

i can see the gurudwara improving alredy wiv ppl like him around :TH:

so all you ppl frm wes midlands plz support him/his committe( n b4 u start sayin its sum stuff like am promotin there committee or anythin AM NOT erm mayb i am but hu cares :) )

yeh so keep up the gud wrk Mr.Singh Shiromani :cool:

LOL.gif

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replies…………just a note capital tyo denotes you are shouting………use a different font for a reply rather than capitals……..

1) Sant Jarnail Sngh and many other Shaheeds fought for ALL Sikhs………..then why do some “castes” feel the need to set up their own Gurudwara i.e. Ramgarhia, Bhatra, Ravidasia. Kumar etc ---- ANSWER... GO ASK THEM, GURU NANAK GURDWARA SMETHWICK, DOES NOT SAY JUST JATT JATT JATT, ITS NOT CALLED THE JATT GURDWARA SMETHWICK, ITS CALLED GURU NANAK GURDWARA SMETHWICK

95039[/snapback]

I don’t think it is helpful to say “go and ask them?”…….this is an issue which is a slap in the face for Guruji. So long as we have Gurudwara’s with committees dominated by one caste or caste based Gurudwara’s the Khalsa Panth will be split. We need all the Gurudwara’s to come together and tackle this issue………….I myself have relatives from many caste’s Jatt, Rajputs, Tarkhans, Khatri etc so it is not a problem for me………….but I see a lot of ill feeling and malice out there…..

2) Is the committee at Smethick Gurudwara a true reflection of the Sikh community in Smethwich i.e. represting all groups i.e. Jats, Tarkan, Kumar, Ravidas, Nai, etc etc………………or only Sikhs of Jat background? -- ANSWER YES THERE ARE PEOPLE FROM ALL DIFFERENT CASTES IN THE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE OF GURU NANAK GURDWARA SMETHWICK

95039[/snapback]

That is very encouraging and the Committee should make maximum publicity of this FACT……………..especially to the committees of the “Caste” based Gurudwara’s.

3) Why are Sikhs dieing from alcoholism (especially in Birmingham), more than any other group? Of late we have overtaken the Irish, who were the largest group with alcoholism as a problem. -- ANSWER... WHATS THAT GOT TO DO WITH THE TOPIC ABOVE? GURU NANAK GURDWARA SMETHWICK HAS A ADVICE SYSTEM SET UP TO TACKLE THIS PROBLEM

95039[/snapback]

It has everything to do with what the committee’s and Gurudwara’s should be focusing on………….as opposed to arguing about pictures. Sant Jarnail Singh ji would be disgusted (if he was alive today), by how rampant nashas are amongst Sikhs. If you wish to honour him, them tackle the issues he was trying to tackle. :)

4) Why aren’t there more community facities at Smethwick Gurudwara i.e. a Gym, Social Club for elders, Advice Centres, Cultural Activities, Museum of Sikh History (where pictures of Shaeeds and Sants could be kept with a historical context)? ANSWER .... KHALSA JI YOU HAVE JUST SAID PICTURES SHOULD NOT BE UP IN A GURDWARA? ARE YOU SUGGESTING TO THE GURDWARA TO BUILD A NEW PLACE? AND WHAT MAKES YOU THINK "THE SO CALLED PEOPLE WHO BOW TO PHOTO'S WILL NOT BOW TO PHOTOS HERE????????" 

95039[/snapback]

Have a disclaimer at the beginning of the library about bowing to pictures. Have pictures and text below the pictures telling people what happened in 1984. Encourage kids who come to weddings etc to walk through the museum and learn about 984 and other big events in Sikhi. Show examples in our history of Wadagullighara and Chotta Gullighara and the 984 Gullighara that took place and why Sikhs must stand up for justice.

These are all things Sant Jarnail Singh ji was trying to teach our youth and we must honour his memory in this way, which uses education as a tool, as opposed to a few pictures that most kids do not know anything about.

5) Why is the finishing so poor on the building work that was done on the building work done a few years ago? --- ANSWER.. YES THIS IS WHAT I AM SAYING, THESE ARE THINGS THE NEW COMMITTEE SHOULD LOOK INTO THE PREVIOUS COMMITTEES HAVE IGNORED AND LET THE CONDITION OF THE BUILDING OF GURU NANAK GURDWARA SMETHWICK DETERIRORATE

95039[/snapback]

Good for you. To be honest, there are no Gurudwara’s in the Midlands that are well built………..Soho Road is no better. Contrast that with London where you have Slough, Gravesend, Neville Road, Southfields, Ilford, Southall etc etc etc.

6) Why cannot the temple provide decent toilet facilities that are regularly cleaned?----- ANSWER THIS IS ANOTHER ISSUE WHICH THE NEW COMMITTEE WILL TAKE UP NOT ONLY CLEANING THEM, BUT TOTALLY NEW TOILETS WIL BETTER FACILITIES SHOULD BE INSTALLED FOR BOTH THE MEN AND LADIES AND FOR A GURDWARA LIKE THAT MUST "AT LEAST" BE CLEANED TWICE A DAY, EVERYDAY, NOT ONLY THAT BUT GENERAL HYGINE LEVELS SHOULD GO UP AROUND THE GURDWARA

95039[/snapback]

Good you have raised this issue. The problem is not frequency of cleaning, but how they are cleaned, you need to hire professional cleaning companies to tackle areas of hygiene in the toilet and kitchen areas………….after all the Gurudwara is a public building.

7) Why don’t they have Gurbani recitals in English to attract the youth into the temple? -- ANSWER.. THEY DID HAVE & THEY DO HAVE, BUT NO ONE BOTHERS TO COME

95039[/snapback]

Then we need to ask, why don’t they come. Is there something wrong with the format of the recital? Are we using proper illustrative methods? Are we publicising it enough? For example I didn’t know anything about it?

QUESTIONS LIKE THOSE ARE VALID AND I AM WILLING TO ANSWER.

95039[/snapback]

Is Mr Powar (the builder) still the President of the Committee?. I also think we may need to look into having some paid full time members who actually run the Gurudwara facilities. What do you think?

1) 4)

95039[/snapback]

I like wah he says :)

i can see the gurudwara improving alredy wiv ppl like him around :TH:

so all you ppl frm wes midlands plz support him/his committe( n b4 u start sayin its sum stuff like am promotin there committee or anythin AM NOT erm mayb i am but hu cares :) )

yeh so keep up the gud wrk Mr.Singh Shiromani :doh:

LOL.gif

95041[/snapback]

yeh sis....

He definately sounds clever :cool:

143?? wacko.gif

the Person you have mentioned Khalsa ji has "screwed" up the Gurdwara the most believe me or not, the same person you have mentioned was president of the committee............................. but now after his term as president had finished even though the consitution says once you have become president, you cannot return on that position nor on any vice position or a office bearer, but the same president has come back as vice president why???

If that isnt greed for the chair then what isit?

the same person can be seen on the 2004 august or september edition of the sahib magazine in a congress party meeting (even though this is prohibited in the constitution)

the same person has not given his accounts for his committee till this day (even though EVERY previous committee has given it)

the same person has invited punjab police officers and politicians involved in the 84 operation bluestar and dehli riots to the kabbadi tournaments

the same person is seen in punjab times punjabi paper front cover of 2002 of july sitting with the current head of darshan dassia who was a VIP in the kabaddi tournaments organised under his presidence

is that enough? the proof is available in the papers named above

Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

ucha, this has yet again turned into a disin match.

number one, politics shud not be involved in a gurudwara, the way the posts have mentioned "election2 makes it sound like politics.

number 2, singh shiromani paji, clam down, u got into many arguments on many posts, wid many of the sangat cz of ur lak of diplomacy. u have every rite to criticise, but say it a diplomatic way. u even got into an very big argument wid me on that behzti play topic. like what u sed to paji bout calin hima narrow minded person, that was un called for.

hpe ive made my points clear

• 2 weeks later...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry but I am really really confused, I would be REALLY REALY GREATEFUL if someone such as Shiromoni Singh could explain logically in plain english which people and parties are Panthic, and which are anti-panthic and who are the main people in each party, because then the sangat will be able to distinguish the good from the bad.

Who is Powar? Is Shergill the opposition??? In which party do people like Malkit Singh - the tall well built type of Singh - and Baldev Singh and Paramjit Singh etc fall into - are they with Shergill???

Who has won the election - President and Vice-President positions - Are they Panthic or not???

I WOULD BE REALLY REALLY GRATEFUL IF SOMEONE COULD ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS IN A REALLY EASY AND SIMPLE MANNER. tongue.gif :

Thanking you in advance!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!!!!!!!!

Malkit Singh Tehang, Baldev Singh, Paramjit Singh Dhillon are the Panthic Party, and Daljit Singh Shergill is also Panthic, as can be seen in his seva from 1984 and before till this day at Guru Nanak Gurdwara - Smethwick and all around the world, but powar AKA MASSA RANGHAR (as you probs know from his history) is ANTI PANTHIC

Powar said bad things about Malkit Singh and Paramjit Singh Dhillon (even though when these people were in the committee the gurdwara worked at its best) about running a radio station and powar said were the ones who got it shut down i mean what the hell? why??, when it preached 110% Gurbani, what is wrong in that???

Then Malkit Singh went on stage and justified himself, and then (if you was there, you probably witnessed this) the Sangat said "BOLEEEEEE SOO NIHAAAAAL .... SAT SRI AKAAAL" THE SANGAT SUPPORTED MALKIT SINGH PANTHIC GROUP AND NOT POWAR!!

the president and vice president are not Panthic people, the General Secretary and Stage Secretary are Panthic people

no one has really won, its a hot pot of Panthic 25% and anti panthic 75%

Thanks Singh Shiromoni, I appreciate the reply, no i wasnt there on election day cus i dont go to smethwich much, but i know loads of people there who go all the time and i know a freind who is very close to the panthic party discussed above - thats why i was askin......but im really glad theyre the panthic party.......lets hope they somehow manage to win and throw out this powar person........and o yeh - i remember that radio station - it used to be really good - o one more question - is Malkit Singh Tehang the main representative, like the leader (who is standing as a candidate 4 president) of the panthic party or is it Shergil - whats the difference in both of their positions???

Thanks

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!

Also Singh Shiromoni Veer Ji, whats the International Sikh Youth Federation got to do with Smethwich Gurdwara - if anything - is Malkit Singh Tehangs side with or part of the ISYF - or am i being confused with the new Sikh Federation UK Political Party - or is it both - again - is Malkit Singh Tehangs side part of with the Sikh Federation UK??? - and what position are they involved in???

I SOOOOOO sorry for all these questions.......but im really interested and believe ur idea of the sangat voting in the future is VERY good in order for the panth to live on.......

thanks in advance.....

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!

:)