Child marriage questions

Guest here, just had some questions

I wanted to ask if there is any scriptural prohibition of child marriage in the Guru Granth Sahib, the Dasam Granth or the Rehitnamas.

In the Rehitnama Bhai Daya Singh, on this website, it claims: The following sexual relations are prohibited: with a minor, a Muslim woman, a Brahman woman, a girl from one’s own sub-caste, a sister, or some other relative.

In the PDF Gurmukhi version, I discussed with a punjabi gurmukhi translator and it said that there is no mention of 'minor'.

https://vdocuments.mx/rehatnama-bhai-daya-singh.html?page=2

Also, what is a minor in sikhism and when do they become an adult? Is there any guidance on what is minimum age of marriage, or when the marriage can be consummated or when someone is too young to be married or old enough to marry from scripture? If

Is the Bhai Daya Singh universally accepted? 

In the 1945 Sikh Rehat Mardaya, it says that child marriage is taboo but not prohibited. Is the older rehitnama still applicable or is the 1945 bounding to sikhs now?

• 10 months later...

why the F**k are u concered about this

On 10/16/2022 at 4:28 PM, theoneinthewindow said:

Guest here, just had some questions

I wanted to ask if there is any scriptural prohibition of child marriage in the Guru Granth Sahib, the Dasam Granth or the Rehitnamas.

In the Rehitnama Bhai Daya Singh, on this website, it claims: The following sexual relations are prohibited: with a minor, a Muslim woman, a Brahman woman, a girl from one’s own sub-caste, a sister, or some other relative.

In the PDF Gurmukhi version, I discussed with a punjabi gurmukhi translator and it said that there is no mention of 'minor'.

https://vdocuments.mx/rehatnama-bhai-daya-singh.html?page=2

Also, what is a minor in sikhism and when do they become an adult? Is there any guidance on what is minimum age of marriage, or when the marriage can be consummated or when someone is too young to be married or old enough to marry from scripture? If

Is the Bhai Daya Singh universally accepted? 

In the 1945 Sikh Rehat Mardaya, it says that child marriage is taboo but not prohibited. Is the older rehitnama still applicable or is the 1945 bounding to sikhs now?

Just another heads up to the sangat. Analyse this. Clearly this guy is a nonce. And he is amongst us. He wont be the only one. These people are diseased. Their degenerate instincts don't go away.  You can tell by how some who have been banged up for years for this, go on and try and do the same thing soon after they are released. They will adopt all sorts of disguises to hide themselves - especially overtly religious ones. 

This is why we must be vigilant.

Guru ji has warned us about such people who on the surface look like humans but really underneath are lower than beasts:

how come this was picked up 10 months later ?!

Are you a minor yourself?  

Hope this does not turns like M when they justify aishas wedding to mohammed. She was 6 or 8! and she had her PeRiOD!

Also reading bani sometimes does not work. Many do still engage in this (the bad stuff). We need practical solutions dealing with KAAM 

• 4 weeks later...

Apne were getting married at stupidly young ages in the past. 

My great grandmother had my grandfather when she was just 13. 

There was a time when the life expectancy in India was just 40.

Thankfully this is no longer that common but I've read in very backwards parts of Punjab it still occurs. 

No excuses for it in today's age. And even when it did happen in the past it was between two similar aged people, not a 65 year old an a 9 year old. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2023 at 12:49 PM, ChardikalaUK said:

Apne were getting married at stupidly young ages in the past. 

My great grandmother had my grandfather when she was just 13. 

There was a time when the life expectancy in India was just 40.

Thankfully this is no longer that common but I've read in very backwards parts of Punjab it still occurs. 

No excuses for it in today's age. And even when it did happen in the past it was between two similar aged people, not a 65 year old an a 9 year old. 

no excuses, but these days people are getting married at stupidly older ages.

And a lot of teens, 20s and students have no control of their vikaar panj chor, and they end up in these stupid trash girlfriend boyfriend partnerships instead of anand karaj or marriage! They are really stupid in not getting married. Some people NEED to be married in their teens or by the time they reach 20! Although even 20 is too old for many people, they already have baggage by then, and some also have out of wedlock kids and abortions!

The biggest hypocrisy I used to see growing up was teens saying they are too young to get married, yet they used to make partners anyway through "dating" bakwass trash garbage! We need to change our mentality, and youngsters need to be explained to seriously that they should only be looking for marital partners, and not down this spiral!

this stuff is happening more and more because of looking for partners so LATE: 

Remember, at Guru jis' times the parents used to even start looking for future partners in the childrens' pre-teens, and this includes Guru jis. There is no excuses in starting to look for your childrens' partners in their 20s only! We are so ill-prepared, and so mentally ill-equipped.

Late marriages are also causing more sikhs to cut hair kesh and beard, and drinking and drug issues as well as smoking and hookah etc. There is less focus on grihast jeevan and more focus on depression, desires and pleasure.

We are also having less children, and too big age gaps between generations. Our Singh families should be having more children, and less gaps between ages. Need more Singhs to protect families and the panth, too many attackers on every side!