Sukhmani and Naam Simran

Nidhi

Would you Help a Child in need?

It is easier than you think.

Click Here to meet a Child you can help.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/sTR6_D/I_qJAA/i1hLAA/DmiolB/TM

--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Written by an enlightened person.

Sukhmani and Naam Simran

The first section of Sukhmani very clearly explains the greatness of Naam Simran. If we read and understand these divine words and bring them into our daily lives we will be rendering a very high service to the Almighty. In the following text we will try to explain the greatness of Naam Simran as presented in the first section of Sukhmani. The explanations given will go beyond the literal translation. Whatever we have learned and experienced, we will bring to the service of the Sangat.

Please accept this service.

AAD GUREY NAMEH, JUGAAD GUREY NAMEH

SATGUREY NAMEH, SRI GURDEVEY NAMEH

This divine opening verse is telling us how we start Naam Simran. Whenever we start Naam Simran we should first bow before Akal Purakh and greet Him with pressed palms. A much better way though is to prostrate by lying flat (dandaut bandhna) to Him.

prabh jee thoo maerae praan adhhaarai ||

namasakaar dandaut bandhna anik baar jaao baarai ||1|| rehaao ||

O Dear God, You are the Support of my breath of life.

Greeting You with prostrations, in humility and reverence to You; so many times, I am a sacrifice.

SGGS 820

He is the one who is the complete truth, everything else is perishable,whatever we see is perishable, only Akal Purakh is the Truth that lives forever, never born, never dies, is truth from the beginning, has remained Truth through all ages and will remain the Truth for all ages to come. So the first Namaskaar (greeting with pressed palms) and dandaut bandhna (greeting by lying flat on the belly) should go to the Akal Purakh, the next Namaskaar and dandaut bandhna should be performed to the Satguru and the Guru. Dandaut bandhana has been recognized as a great act of goodness to ourselves – Kar Dandaut Punn Wadda Hai. We will also request the Sangat to Namaskaar and dandaut bandhna to Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ten Gurus, all Sants and Bhagats, and all the Braham Gyani Maha Purakhs of the past and present. The best thing will be to bow before everybody who is connected with the Naam. This will bring humbleness to the soul of ours, and extreme humbleness is the key to the Dargah of

Akal Purakh. So before we start the Naam Simran it is of paramount importance that we should perform the Namaskaar as requested in above words.

Dust of your feet.

("Become the dust of everyone's feet then come to me"

"hoi sabhna kee renka thao ao hamaraay paas" ... Guru Arjun Dev Ji)

IF YOU FOUND THIS ARTICLE HELPFUL, THEN HELP OTHERS BY PLEASE FORWARDING IT TO YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND OTHER GROUPS.