Young People?

4RR

i think parents are to blame also they do not feel the need 2 teach children about sikhi , naam, rehat etc.. but isntead its more important to have money a nice care etc..

we are in kalyug things are obviously gonna be like this

you can tell the youth about wat sikhi is all day long but until they do no realise it for themshelves they wil l get no were

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose some parents are to blame. But blame is such a harsh word. What if a parent tries their hardest to teach their children? Who should we blame then?

I also thought about this yesterday. What if this is a test by God for young people? By making mistakes at a young age (e.g drugs, drinking etc) will this allow young people to solve their mistakes, and become a lot stronger in the future. Who knows, it could be tuffer for the next generation to stick to their religion...

So far, young people are too busy with fashion, how well they look and act, money, gossip etc. What are they trying to achieve??

It's true that young people should make an effort to learn Punjabi, but sometimes they can't be bothered.

Instead, they take the ''easier'' route, (ignoring going to the Gurudwara, Drinking, etc), because it's true, how following a religion is hard work. Most of the times young people just can't be bothered, and care more about their image as they grow older.

again, punjabi/gurmakhi is not necesary, but it doesnt hurt to learn it. sikhi isnt a religion, it's a way of life.

It's true that young people should make an effort to learn Punjabi, but sometimes they can't be bothered.

Instead, they take the ''easier'' route, (ignoring going to the Gurudwara, Drinking, etc), because it's true, how following a religion is hard work. Most of the times young people just can't be bothered, and care more about their image as they grow older.

again, punjabi/gurmakhi is not necesary, but it doesnt hurt to learn it. sikhi isnt a religion, it's a way of life.

sikhi isnt a religion its a way of life?

whats a religion then? i'm sure they the same thing

by the way i think it is neccasry for people to learn gurmukhi

i mean surely sikhs would want to do seva of mahraj and recite bani in its orginal form ??

not saying that reading in english is bad we should adopt both read english and gurmukhi

If a young person is about 19 years of age...and he/she understands punjabi fluently, but doesn't want to go to the Gurudwara, what then? Instead, he/she prefers to hang out their mates, go clubbing etc. What then? U can't make a person of that age and background listen to the GuruGranth Sahib, can you. Fair enough, not all of us neglect of proud religion.

If a young person is about 19 years of age...and he/she understands punjabi fluently, but doesn't want to go to the Gurudwara, what then? Instead, he/she prefers to hang out their mates, go clubbing etc. What then? U can't make a person of that age and background listen to the GuruGranth Sahib, can you. Fair enough, not all of us neglect of proud religion.

you cannot force people into sikhi it doesnt work only when they realise sikhi will they fix up.. and the way of brinig them into sikhi is parchar if they still aint into sikhi then thats their problem its them that will face dhram raj and will end up repenting and suffer

That's very true what u have said. But, i think that just letting the young people who are like this carry on, will affect the next generation and so on.

yeah, a proactive solution needs to be taken, like sikhi camps and lectures, get the youth involved. Oddly, sikhi isnt to blame, its more or less the communities that are having a negative impact.