Love/ Arrange Marriage?

4RR

nooo....if you look thru indian history, the concept of love marraige is quite old.

hindu folk tales (mahabharat comes to mind) talk about guy n girl falling in love n end up getting married.

i'd rather do other "things".. dun wury
n what kind of "things" would you not be able to do once u get married? grin.gifgrin.gif :umm:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

acutally, according to ur illustratin there's 2 ways after wedding. if you fall to the left you die pretty much instantly :umm: n if you fall to the right you slide to your death. so either way you scrwed.

n its funny how its always the guy that gets screwed. wats up with that grin.gif i dont get it :lol:

love marriage = some one who u know - love - adore - best friend - some one u want to grow old with -

live this life with - the only person youll ever need. - some one to dance with in the middle of the night -

arrange marriage = some one your parents like.................. :umm: @

Guest peacemaker

love marriage = some one who u know - love - adore - best friend - some one u want to grow old with -

live this life with - the only person youll ever need. - some one to dance with in the middle of the night -

arrange marriage = some one your parents like.................. :lol: @

Love marriage all the way! :umm:

Who wants to get married to someone your parents picked for you? rolleyes.gif It's not a true love, a love which there is no cure for!

Guest peacemaker

erm...what i don't understand is why do most love marriages end up in divorce compared to arranged marriages? Is like i said before, is it becus the couple don't receive what they expected?

Some people just tough it out in an arranged marriage because they are scared to upset their parents and the tradition. Also, um, aren't the brides more submissive to their husbands? blush.gif So they force themselves to stay. In some cases, in the "love marriage", people are more honest about it and just divorce. When they no longer can tolerate their partner.

erm...what i don't understand is why do most love marriages end up in divorce compared to arranged marriages? Is like i said before, is it becus the couple don't receive what they expected?

Some people just tough it out in an arranged marriage because they are scared to upset their parents and the tradition. Also, um, aren't the brides more submissive to their husbands? blush.gif So they force themselves to stay. In some cases, in the "love marriage", people are more honest about it and just divorce. When they no longer can tolerate their partner.

Sikh women should be equal to men. No one should submit to anyone other than Waheguru. Maybe if your muslim u can submit to your spouse.

Guest peacemaker

Sikh women should be equal to men. No one should submit to anyone other than Waheguru. Maybe if your muslim u can submit to your spouse.

Should is right. But it doesn't always happen with Sikh brides either.