My Next Step

SikherOfTheNaam

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

Hey Sangat Ji i was hoping you can give me some of your great advice. As most of you may be aware i am hoping to join the sikh path in time, when i am old enough around 25, when hopefully my parents will not disown me but accept my decision.

However i am finding hard to practise my beleifs it is torture doing them in silence such as prayers etc. I know you jap naam anytime in your head but i dont feel its the same. Also i have no outlet i cant practise anything sikhi related. I can compare it to a glass tank. You continue to fill the tank carry on (which in my case is knowledge) but thers no possible outlet. The tank refuses to burst so anxietry gradually builds. Hopefully thats a clear image of my thoughts right at this moment.

So basically im asking is there any alternative ways to practise beliefs without my parents knowing? or anyway of relieving the stress?

Many thanks, take care

Khalsa123

Guest Dancing Warrior
Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

Hey Sangat Ji i was hoping you can give me some of your great advice. As most of you may be aware i am hoping to join the sikh path in time, when i am old enough around 25, when hopefully my parents will not disown me but accept my decision.

However i am finding hard to practise my beleifs it is torture doing them in silence such as prayers etc. I know you jap naam anytime in your head but i dont feel its the same. Also i have no outlet i cant practise anything sikhi related. I can compare it to a glass tank. You continue to fill the tank carry on (which in my case is knowledge) but thers no possible outlet. The tank refuses to burst so anxietry gradually builds. Hopefully thats a clear image of my thoughts right at this moment.

So basically im asking is there any alternative ways to practise beliefs without my parents knowing? or anyway of relieving the stress?

Many thanks, take care

Khalsa123

There should be no conflict, conflict arises through misunderstanding. Hold your parents to you as you hold your faith learn, grow together. They must know something they have got you to this stage to the door of your Guru.

My family are all gora. We previously argued about my beliefs they say they will not have a child of another religion and that i will be disowned and they will never speak to me again and my family will also hate me. So i have to choose whole family or sikhi. They are not true christians.

We have never been close since.

Khalsa123

P.s im not allowed to go to the gurudwara

Guest Dancing Warrior

The path with no obstacles is not always the right one, ultimately it will not be your spirituality that drives a wedge between you and your family but your families intolerance if it is how you tell it. I still suggest you find the middle ground and compromise.