As Level Sociolgy Help[urgent]

guptsinghni

Have you heard of Haralambos and Holborn; Sociology Themes and Perspectives?

I didnt go to any of my Religion and Education module lessons and I got full marks because of this book! It has everything and anything that your teachers knows and more!!! Get it from bookshop pronto.

as for a 20 mark question depends how quick you can write; this question is soo vast could write a book about it lol

Work on contempoary social policies bought under New Labour like...

working tax credit (2003) and Child Tax credit (2003); These laws gave low earning families an incentive to send the mother out to work as it gave a contribution to childcare costs...while both parents were working. These policy included Single parent families...so it has been an influence on the family etc etc. You can argue wether this has been negative or positive in conclusion.

and policies under New Right...

Child Support Agency (1993) which ment that if the father/mother decided to leave the family they'd still have to pay maintance, which might have caused families not to break apart as it'd take a bite out of the leaving parents wages...so the goverment kinda put a financial deterrent to stop families breaking up.

and then you can talk about negatives and how unconventional families dont get the same support i.e gay families, old people and single-parent families espically under New Right.

Ummm I suppose I best stop before I right the whole essay out lol but get that book and you can chuck in views of feminists, New Right, New Labour and studies done on effects and put some filling in your sandwich!

I hope I didnt confuse you! :lol:

Have you heard of Haralambos and Holborn; Sociology Themes and Perspectives?

Those are the big fat textbooks!! We had to pay £15 each to take that home!! I don't understand them... :@:@

£15 for two years is worth it! and you only need to read sections that apply to your question and module... this textbook should be an easy read after a while!

Used to be my bedtime reading for fun :lol:

I lourvee this book!