Mool Mantr

Bhai Rama Singh Ji likes gardening.

Interesting isn't it, that beloved ones of Waheguru jee prefer to be with nature, nurturing and tending to plants that take months or even years and years to grow before any flowers or fruit appear as reward for all that perserverance. Patience is a virtue, mastered by the Masters of Spirituality.

What about people like me? I am part of the 3 minute culture. I want everything in 3 minutes or less otherwise there will be trouble! I want my food thrown into a microwave and cooked as fast as possible. I want to watch TV commercials and to have seen a whole story with a good punchline within 30 seconds. When I listen to people I cannot stand people that speak slowly pausing to think....fast talkers, good joke tellers is what I enjoy. Fast cars 0 to 60 miles per hour in 6.5 seconds....And then when Guru Ji does his kirpa and pulls me out of the rat race and onto the path of God, I want spiritual experiences everytime I close my eyes, I want to be respected as a Sant after 3 months, I blame guru jee for things not happening as fast as I'm used to..........

Sikhi is a lifetimes work, we have janam janam kee maal (sins from birth after birth) to weed out, then we have to plant the seed of gurmantr with roots of mool mantr and water it everyday with nitnem and keertan. Like Bhai Rama Singh Jee the gardener we have to work at it everyday and guru jee gives us the right things at the right time.

Bhai Rama Singh Jee also emphasises doing as much mool mantr as one can. Infact he sets targets eg 10,000 mool mantrs and gives little counters to people which they click to increment the counter. My friend is clicking away as she drives to work!!! She said she didnt enjoy mool mantr thats why she didnt do it, but Bhai Rama Singh jee told her she doesnt enjoy it because she hasn't done enough of it!!

If Waheguru Naam Jahaj Ha is the Ship that carries us to God, then the Mool Mantr is the little ice breaker boat infront getting rid of all the worldy and spiritual obstacles.

If you are worried about someone elses health or problems then do mool mantr for them. If you want Ridhi-sidhi (supernatural powers) then mool mantr will bring them to your feet. If you want to feel the immesne power of the One Supreme Being then get absorbed in mool mantr.

When we take amrit, we are given a hukam to do GurMantr AND mool mantr. Alongside all the naam simran you do, do at least 20 minutes of mool mantr too.

Guru Ji Kirpa Karo.

Absolutely right....

Mool mantar is the essence, in which the whole existence of the world is inscribed in. It says how powerful God is and He is one.

One should not only read it but aqlso understand the mool mantar. It is like someone seeing a waterfall and someone bathing in it.

Another amazing prayer (actually all are) is the chaupai sahib. It says total surrender and asks for God to be my protector. With this prayer, no evil will touch you.

amazing to be a sikh..so much good...