Summer Sikh Camps

Guest Newbie

Guest Newbie

Hi there. I'm a bit new into all of this sikh related stuff. Always been to the gurdwara and stuff but started to take more of an interest since the start of the year. I was speaking to some people and they mentoned that there are various sikh orientated camps that happen every year - S.I.K.H. camp, Khalsa Camp, Sikhi Camp and Sikh Students Camp. I was just wondering if anyone happened to know dates for these four and also locations?

I'd like to go to as many as possible, hopefully getting something different from all of them. Is there a different level of camp though? Being quite new i'm not sure i'd really want to go into one thats alot of depth at the moment, not with only a rudimentary understanding of the basics just yet.

Oh i'm 21, male and a student in honours year Politics - so not sure if i hit a target demograph for any particular camp.

Thanks in advance

boss camp or khalsa camp are highly recommended

boss camp if your new to sikhi especially

i don't know nothing bout SIKH Camp

Sikhicamp - 23 - 28th august - most recommended, show satkar to guru jee, follow gurmat maryada, chilled out atmosphere, mix of sangat including lots of non amritdharis

Khalsa Camp 22 - 27th august. - mostly gursikhs associated to AKJ - good atmosphere, a bit intense and bit more deep, but you will only like it if your part of the jatha as per previous posters in years commments.

The Sikh Camp - Wudnt reccomend it, same people that organised sikh student camp - check out the pictures on G5sikhmedia - They have pictures where guru granth sahib jee has been placed on the floor with only a cloth under - Below are pictures from the sikh camp

img_9380_g5sikhmedia_20091001_1635127421.jpgimg_9411_g5sikhmedia_20091001_2027675801.jpg

img_9393_g5sikhmedia_20091001_1016300045.jpgimg_9509_g5sikhmedia_20091001_1341859893.jpg

Guest Been to all camps

Sikhicamp - 23 - 28th august - most recommended, show satkar to guru jee, follow gurmat maryada, chilled out atmosphere, mix of sangat including lots of non amritdharis

Khalsa Camp 22 - 27th august. - mostly gursikhs associated to AKJ - good atmosphere, a bit intense and bit more deep, but you will only like it if your part of the jatha as per previous posters in years commments.

The Sikh Camp - Wudnt reccomend it, same people that organised sikh student camp - check out the pictures on G5sikhmedia - They have pictures where guru granth sahib jee has been placed on the floor with only a cloth under - Below are pictures from the sikh camp

img_9380_g5sikhmedia_20091001_1635127421.jpgimg_9411_g5sikhmedia_20091001_2027675801.jpg

img_9393_g5sikhmedia_20091001_1016300045.jpgimg_9509_g5sikhmedia_20091001_1341859893.jpg

Question:

Have you attended Khalsa Camp and the S.I.K.H camp? Simply yes or no, if a yes then your entitled to your personal opinion.

Here's a personal comment about Sikhi Camp..

Sikhicamp - 23 - 28th august - mostly gursikhs associated to Damdami Taksaal - good atmosphere, a bit sexist since females are not allowed nowhere near the seva of Guru Ji, such as holding the umbrella, holding nishan sahib infront of maharaj from and to Sachkhand. Apparently females can pollute the singhs kamai so therefore shoved to one side, or the kitchen of course. But you will only like it if your part of the jatha, as they like to keep the seva to themselves and singhs that wear gohl dastars and non-nihang singh style baneh.

Having been Both khalsa and Boss camp... I would say that both are highly recommended.

If you want to take away more knowledge then perhaps Khalsa is the one for you

That foolish comment that Khalsa will only be liked if you are a part of the Jatha is absurd... If you go to the camp yourself you will realise that it is a false comment.

I would say that everybody should try at both camps atleast once as they both have an amazing atmosphere in their own unique ways.

As for S.I.K.H camp.... aka revised version of Sikh Student Camp.... i cannot comment on it as ive not attended it