What Would Be A Nice Religious Gift To Sent To My Godchild

Guest Thoughtful Godfather

Guest Thoughtful Godfather

Hello everyone. I am hopeful that someone will be able to help me to figure out a nice baby gift for my godchild. She was born on the weekend.

I am not a practicing Sikh but am a Catholic. And therefore I have no idea about the customs or practices of the Sikh faith.

The father is my cousin and is a practicing catholic while the mother is a practicing Sikh. They are both very special to me.

It should be noted that the mother is very religous and therefore I know that she would very much appreciate a gift that reflected the Sikh faith for her baby girl.

Could someone help me figure out what would be a thoughtful (religious) gift to send?

It should be noted that I am located in another country and will be shipping the gift overseas. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Hi, just my personal view but if the mother is very religious, she wouldn't necessarily desire a physical religious object that reflected the faith, especially for a newborn who wouldn't be able to appreciate any practical use of it. If you feel that she would really appreciate it, you could try your luck with a baby sized kara, but I would recommend regular baby stuff which all new parents need or she may appreciate your personal or indirect assistance in childcare. Your participation in the baby's naming ceremony might be appreciated too and has that religious edge to it. Also see http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Naam_Karan . Hope this helps.

Guest Turbinator

Maybe an Ik Oankar necklace would be a good gift. When the baby grows older, she can wear it as a gift from her great cousin (I think that's what you call it). Ik Oankar means "One God".

Try searching for it online.