Spirituality Shopper

Presented by Olympic gold-medallist Jonathan Edwards, Spirituality Shopper offers non-religious members of the public the opportunity to find a spiritual answer to a big problem in their lives.

Each episode identifies four different spiritual practices taken from the UK's leading old and new religions to help the individuals change their outlook and unlock their potential.

The series taps into society's "pick and mix" approach to faith, where few people consider themselves religious but many yearn for something spiritual. Jonathan identifies each person's spiritual needs not just by spending time with them, but also by meeting their friends, family and work colleagues, who may have very different ideas about where that person is lacking.....

.......Karen is introduced to: Hindu yoga to calm both her body and her mind; Christian meditation to focus her mind on the key issues in her life; helping in the kitchen of a Sikh Gurdwara to understand about giving back to the community; and rehearsing in a Christian gospel workshop to release pent-up tension and find a creative outlet....

what about naam simran... keertan???

Anyhow will be interesting to see... what happens .. if you are unable to watch this I will pass a copy onto the Sikhsangat guys so that you get an opportunity to do so.

Guest rsingh

yh i watched this laast week but it was mainly about budhist, etc customs but was intresting to watch. i think its on tonight. is the above a description of 2nights show?

yh i watched this laast week but it was mainly about budhist, etc customs but was intresting to watch. i think its on tonight. is the above a description of 2nights show?

103124[/snapback]

What did ya think to it grin.gif ....

I thought the presenter could have done alot better at pronouncing Langar rather than Langa wacko.gif

The gurdwara was Sri Singh Sabha in Southall, when the presenter asked the spiritual seeker showing the golden dome on top of Gurdwara Sahib which religion do you think it belongs to .. the seeker looks bemused at him and says reluctantly "a mosque".. when the presenter says it belongs to the Sikh faith, she looks as if she is setback and surprised. :doh:

Guest rsingh

lol at the presenter

the gurdwara cud have got a younger person who could atleast speak english, someone from youth would have been ideal. At least they could have gone in to the purpose of sikh.

but that wud have ment the pardan wud have missed out on his 5 seconds of fame rolleyes.gif

that mr singh was good though, mr sangera he was cool his english was wiked, and really did touch her.

now im guessin no one else watched it wacko.gif

lol at the presenter

the gurdwara cud have got a younger person who could atleast speak english, someone from youth would have been ideal. At least they could have gone in to the purpose of sikh.

103314[/snapback]

Yea, I agree totally with you... it was extremely disappointing not to see this... did you notice that majority of them were the old folk there.... If you want to influence one needs to be progressive... If I was that woman I would have been thinking this is an instituation for the aged.

It would have been great if someone could have explained the ideology and philosphy of Langar. It was rather a shame as was expected, even though all credit due to Mr Sanghera he attempted to give positive responses. But didnt work even for me.

but that wud have ment the pardan wud have missed out on his 5 seconds of fame rolleyes.gif

that was a joke :doh:

that mr singh was good though, mr sangera he was cool his english was wiked, and really did touch her.

P.S. did you see that young pandit @ the Hare Krishna Yoga Centre, they had it together. :)