Non- Amritdharis Distrubting Langar And Parshad

lgy idvwn mUl n jwvY rihq ibnw pRswd bRqwvY ]

lagae dhivaan mool n jaavai rehith binaa prasaadh brathaavai ||

Sinful are those who show disrespect while in the Divaan; sinful are those who distribute food or Parshaad in the Gurdwara without living a life according to the code of conduct.

Rehatnama Bhai Nand Laal Jee

hmmmmm grin.gif 95% of western gurudwara are guiltry of this

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tarunjeet Singh paaji, I would say the percentage is even higher! :) To my knowledge the only western Gurdwara that would abide by this rehitnama by Bhai Nand Lal Ji is Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib. Btw I'm not saying that we should ignore this rehitnama ohmy.gif . Of course, it would be great if Gurdwaras could not only follow this in distribution but also in preparation.

Unfortunately there is a massive shortage of pyaree rehitvaan Gursikh who could enable this rehit to be fulfilled in Western Gurdwara. Waheguru kirpa karan and may this shortage be fulfilled pray.gif

Southall Guru ghars are prime example, they have langar running all day, every day with Guru Sahibs grace :doh: Often they make a call out for sevadaars to help with parshaadia di seva during peak times. If they announced "amritdhari sevadars only" then perhaps the langar queue would get even longer! I think it's great when young kids are helping with seva also - it gets them involved, they enjoy it, they are listening to Gurbani or at least are being exposed to it. Then the rest of it is upto paras kala of Gurbani.

Many Gurdwara's do abide by the rehitnama when it comes to distribution of Karah Parshad AFTER ardas. However, that rule then becomes relaxed during the rest of the day. Being a manmukh, I'm not Amrit Dhari yet no.gif and so I feel bit uncomfortable distibuting parshaad but wouldn't think twice distributing langar. Am I inconsistent?

tapoban Gurudwara is not the only Gurudwar in the west that up holds this maryada , e.g Singh sabha Gurudwara derby has this in place aswell as oldbury Gurudwara ummm i think Nanksar Gurudwara in Coventry aslo have this in place. I think pratan mrayad can be implemented back in to the daily running of the Gurudwara but we as amritdhari youth have to become more pro -active. it's easy to complain abotuthe elders and say all they are intrested in is making money and extensions etc... but what role do we paly in our local Gurudwara? In Coventry with Guru ji's apaar kirpa there have been many youth in the last 18months who have taken amrit , but coem Sunday whenthe divans are on int eh Gurudwara there nowhere to be seen. Our Gurudwara are becoming more westernised and marayada is moving to the bottom of the list or priorities the above is just one example

I agree with your point.. "It is easy to complain about the elders but what role do we play in our local Gurdwara"

What I have noticed among the youth is that they are always complaining that this should happen in a gurdwara, this is how it should be, this is what we need etc but when it actually comes to doing the sewa they are nowhere to be seen, they just like giving ideas as to how Gurdwaras should be run.

The main thing is the karni - the actions rather than the ideas.. The elder generation have the karni and perform sewa with commitment at the Gurdwaras. It is upto the youth in the country to approach the elder generation in gurdwaras with nimrata and play a role in doing sewa at Gurdwaras. Nimrata is the main thing, the youth should not act in a way where they think that they are above everyone else and that their ideas need to be implemented. They need to respect the elder generation.

The main thing in a Gurdwara what our Guru Jee's have taught us is pyaar and nimrata..not ego (hankaar).

Totaly agree with bahenji kaur1978, it's essential we as youth move forward and start taking an acitve role but without ahankar. About six months ago we had a youth meeting and we had about 50 youth turn up soem where amritdhari soem sehaj dhari and soem monay, I was really surpired at the reaction we got from the people charing the meeting, they stated that they planned to group together and then walk int o each of the Nine Gurudwara in Coventry and demand that the Gurudwara provide financial reprots to rpove wqhere all there money is , DEMAND that the give moen y to the youth for projects etc.... and if they didn't they would DEAL with the commitee members and take over the Gurudwara. We decided to walk out of the meeting at this point as it was totaly manmat thinking.

I agree Bhaji…. The sewa that the Guru Jee's have taught us is with Nimrata..

saa saevaa keethee safal hai jith sathigur kaa man ma(n)nae

Fruitful and rewarding is that service, which is pleasing to the Guru's Mind

The youth should be seen at the Gurdwaras doing the Simran, the Keertan, taking part in Akhand Paaths, Langar di Sewa, Karah Parshad di Sewa instead of demanding positions in the committee and threatening to take over Gurdwaras.

Once the elder generation sees that the youth are committed to actually doing the sewa rather than just giving ideas, I am sure they will want to listen to the youth because they will see that the youth are committing time and effort at the Gurdwaras. The elder generation will notice the change in the environment at the Gurdwara.

What I have noticed is that if the youth do not get their way then they do not want to play a part at all which is sad. It tends to be the youth v elder generation at Gurdwaras whereas it should be everyone getting on with each other.