*everyone Post* Devoting Life To Its Fullest.

Guest [TheSim]

Guest [TheSim]

hey

I have a question in the SGGS it says we should devote our lives to Guru, and meditate on him, it says how we are wasting time even when we sleep because we are doing nothing. It says we should praise him until we have our voice, Even if the body weakens, we should praise him, our physical form is only weakening not our connetion with god, which matters more. Now, Many unfortunate humans waste their lives living the life of a manmukh and doing the 5 Evils everyday in life.

Now this comes down to my final question regarding school and education.

Are we wasting our life attending school? when we could be doing path ? What is education good for? these inferior physical form we call bodies can give up anytime. Why are we filling our lives with this thing we call "Education" If we are just giving more time to attaching to worldily things?

Also my second question, There is only one way to get out of this state, this is to live in the Gurdwara, where 24/7 you can be in the God's presence. But, this is a big step, What will our families think, We will loose our chances in our life to do stuff, although it does not matter. Is it then right to live in the gurdwara and leave all these attachments and live a life of peace where the God's name is chanted forever? And remember, Why do we go to school? to get smart, Why? to get a job. Why? To make money.

money isnt going with us on the other side of the river. all of it is going to fall in the water.

edit: yes a sikh means a learner, but i belive that is the education of God's words? and not learning math LOL

,Oct 18 2005, 06:41 PM]

Now this comes down to my final question regarding school and education.

Are we wasting our life attending school? when we could be doing path ? What is education good for? these inferior physical form we call bodies can give up anytime.  Why are we filling our lives with this thing we call "Education" If we are just giving more time to attaching to worldily things? 

AT THIS JUNCTION IT SEEMS U R CONFUSED OF SIKHI.

NOW EDUCATION IS NOT WRONG BUT U HAVE TO EARN TO LIVE NOT LIVE FOR MERE EARNING ONLY.

GURU JI IN THIS CONTEXT SAY :

"PAREYA MOORAK AKHIYE JIT LAB LOBH AHANKAAR"(that person is fool if HIS/HER studies instead of giving gud values and an earning increaseS the vikaars like lobh {for money} , ahinkaar {of social status}etc)

GURU JI DA HUKAM NU MANNA HI US DI YAAD HI MAHAANAND HAI

AMRIT CHAKO ,AMRIT BANI NAAL JUDO TE AMRIT WELA BANAO

AND ACCORDING TO HUKAM ATLEAST ONE TENTH OF UR TIME THAT IS 2.5 HRS

MUST BE DEVOTED AND GO ACCORDING TO WHAT REHATNAMA SAYS

Why do we go to school? to get smart, Why? to get a job. Why? To make money.

SO U SAY WHAT IS THE USE EDUCATION. SIMPLE ANS IS U WILL EARN UR LIVING UR SELF GURU NANAK DEV DID NOT WANTED TO BE HIS SIKHS BEGGING OTHERS FOR HEALTHY LIVING

"HATH KAR VAL TE DIL YAAR VAL"

EVEN GURU NANAK DEV JI DID FARMERY EVEN UPTIL THE END OF MATERIALISTIC LIFE IN KARTARPUR .

ALSO U CAN DO MORE PARCHAR OF SIKHI IF U R WELL EDUCATED AND KNOW DIVERSE LANGUAGES

to live in the Gurdwara, where 24/7 you can be in the God's presence

NO EVERY PLACE IS OF THAT NIRANKAR

U DONT HAVR TOO LIVE IN A GURUDWARA 24/7

GURBANI SAYS

"RAJA WADA JANAK HA WICH MYA DE UDASI"

REMEMBER GOD ANYWHERE/EVERYWHERE

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

PYARE KHALSA JEO

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

you are right

because GURU JI SAID

KOORH RAJA KOORH PARJA KOORH SAB SANSAR

raja, parja and all sansar is jhooth

BUT HE ALSO SAID

KIS NAAL KIJE DOSTI SAB JAG CHALNHAAR

with whom you are doing friendship ? because sarian ne chale jaana hai

AND His main UODESH are

KIRT KARO .....NAAM JAPO.....VAND CHHAKO

KIRT KARN VASTE ZAROORI HAI TUSI STUDY KAR KE KUCHH BANO.

SIKHI DA NAAM UCHA KARO..

IK CHANGA SIKH AGAR CHANGI POST TE WORK KAR REHA HAI THEN SIKHI DA NAAM UCHA HUNDA HAI.

BUT NAAL NAAL NAAM VI JAPO AND VAND VI CHHAKO.

You can help others by helping in study also. By sharing your knowledge about sikhi also. Think vast about the terms of sikhi.

SADHU OR YOGI OR GYANI ho ke sansar chhadna guru ghar ja ke hi rehna nahin likhya.

One thing more , no where it is written in GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI 2.30 hours da path or simran.

it is written SAAS SAAS SIMRO GOBIND

ALL THE TIME , WITH EVERY BREATHE.

LIKE paji sewak singh stated

HATH KAR VAL TE DIL YAAR VAL ( Bhagat Ravi Das ji )

DASVAND SHAYED MONEY DA HAI

ZINDAGI TO SAARI GURU JI DI HI HAI

My humble submission is that althoghwe should not read in between the

lines, we should a at least try to understand the real and implied meaning

of the Gurbani, so sacred for us.

As for as thequestion of education is concerned, itis quite welknown

in our history that even Guru Angad Sahib, the 2nd Nanak was himself

teaching young kids by taking their classes. Then Guru Gobind Singh Sahib was laying stress on education and also sent some Gursikhs to Benaras (Kashi for

getting education in Sanskrit. Througout the Guru era,the well known

scholars, poets, singers etc recievedgreat honours. Then all the Guru Jotes were given different type of education and training before or even after having

been anointed as Gurus.

I do also humbly submitthat without proper education or knowledge, we

cannot even read or understand Gurbani, Guru Ithas etc.

Then it is also quite well knownthat in our religion Grahsti Life (Family Life) has been considered as supreme. We are advised to earn livelihood, have

family and look after the children too. There can be no two opinions

about this.

Now the question comes about reciting Naam. I think though this may be my personal opinion, we must remeber God 24 hours. this meanswhile doing any

act, or while waking up in the morning or before we go to bed we must

remember him. His very existence must reflect in our every deed. Our job, our

daily conduct in life, our service spirit, our spirit of helping others,our thought of 'SARBAT DA BHALLA, DASSAN NAHWAN DI KIRAT AND WAND CCHAKNA, ARE AS ESSENTIAL AND INTEGERAL PART OF SIKHISM AS IS 'NAAM JAPNA.

Where Guru Nanak Sahib says 'Jinni Naam Dhiaya Gye MushaQat Ghall". He also says "Changiyan Buriyaan Wache Dharam Haduur'.

So to me Sikhism means a way of life and way of life as to live a dignified

truthful life with hatred towards none. I may be wrong in my interpretaion and I am also subject to correction. Let some intellectuals throw some light

JAGJIT SINGH.