Why I Cut My Hair

Sat Naam.

Just speaking to a family member today and they said to me "Sikhi is To Hard"... "Why keep your kesh?"... "Sikhi should move with time.... Nowadays kesh is not important, your Dastaar alone will tell others you are Sikh."

I said,

"So you would prefer if Guru Nanak Sahib Ji dishonoured his hair like you, rather than you be like Guru Nanak Sahib Ji and keep Glory of God."

"What is Glory of God got to do with Kesh? MAN EVOLVES with the time... cave men had long hair... nowadays we cut it... God has given us a brain to THINK and Live our own way."

"If you believe in EVOLUTION, then according to EVOLUTION shouldn't our Kesh NATURALLY become short??? because we have been trimming and shaving our hair for thousands of years???.... Would you shave your eyebrows??"

"No! My eyebrows prevent water and sweat going inside my eye."

"What about the Kesh on the top of your hair??? Don't they have a function or has the perfect Creator randomnly left them there?"

"Erm.... you tell me the function. I can't think of one."

"Insulates your body.... protects your skull.... vibrates energy"

"Vibrates energy? Prove it!!"

"Its not a Sikh thing, ask a scientist! In science class when we did Static energy test, our hair used to stand up... remember? Isn't that energy? When some people feel Moved, inspired, cold or angry their hair stands up... isn't that energy permeating the hair???"

"No, no, no... Sikhi is to hard... I think Sikhi should move with the times... or at least trim beards and trim kesh."

RAB BHALLA KARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God help us all!

• 4 months later...

Sat Naam.

Just speaking to a family member today and they said to me "Sikhi is To Hard"... "Why keep your kesh?"... "Sikhi should move with time.... Nowadays kesh is not important, your Dastaar alone will tell others you are Sikh."

I said,

"So you would prefer if Guru Nanak Sahib Ji dishonoured his hair like you, rather than you be like Guru Nanak Sahib Ji and keep Glory of God."

"What is Glory of God got to do with Kesh? MAN EVOLVES with the time... cave men had long hair... nowadays we cut it... God has given us a brain to THINK and Live our own way."

"If you believe in EVOLUTION, then according to EVOLUTION shouldn't our Kesh NATURALLY become short??? because we have been trimming and shaving our hair for thousands of years???.... Would you shave your eyebrows??"

"No! My eyebrows prevent water and sweat going inside my eye."

"What about the Kesh on the top of your hair??? Don't they have a function or has the perfect Creator randomnly left them there?"

"Erm.... you tell me the function. I can't think of one."

"Insulates your body.... protects your skull.... vibrates energy"

"Vibrates energy? Prove it!!"

"Its not a Sikh thing, ask a scientist! In science class when we did Static energy test, our hair used to stand up... remember? Isn't that energy? When some people feel Moved, inspired, cold or angry their hair stands up... isn't that energy permeating the hair???"

"No, no, no... Sikhi is to hard... I think Sikhi should move with the times... or at least trim beards and trim kesh."

RAB BHALLA KARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God help us all!

Gurfateh ji

I feel too sorry for that relative of urs who needed science to justify this roop that the Guru has blessed us with.

many people also argue that its enough to have a clean mind & heart. i tell them did Guru Gobind Singh JI not have a clear mind or a clear heart! he established the khasla panth, made panj pyare & took Amrit himself. Guru Ji created the most beautiful saroop by creating the khalsa but today sikhs just dont realize the value, they do not wish to understand what a chardikala life a Sikh lives.....

such sikhs who think of cutting there hair, dont realize what a bedbi they are doing, how they are hurting Guru JI... evolution & science talk is just an excuse for not living this Gursikh jeewan.

Guru JI inna sikha nu sumat dern...

Guru rakha

Puneet Kaur