Bhai Surjan Singh Ji Ragi

Dalvir

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

lately, i have been listening Bhai Surjan Singh Ji Ragi, and he is exceptionally good:D, though unfortunaltely i do not know a lot about him. All i know is when he was born and when he passed away (b.1911-1965) besides this i don't know anything else. If anyone knows anything about Bhai Surjan Singh could they please share the information. Thank you:D

Daas Dalvir Singh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• 1 month later...

Pyare Veer ji,

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA,

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH.

Bhai Surjan Singh Ragi was one of the most exceptional Hazoori Raagis who performed Kirtan seva at Harmandir saheb Amritsar. I do not know much about him but once I heard a real life incident of Bhai Surjan Singh Ragi by none other than my Late Father Jaswant Singh ji.

My dad told me that he used to perform Kirtan at a monthly salary of mere 50/70 rupees and never went to perform kirtan at other places to gain extra money. He had a dughter and was at the age of getting married.

He found a gursikh groom for her and the day of getting her married was coming near. Now this guru ka sikh had a very little saving to perform his daughters marriage and give Daaj. His wife became worried and asked him to perform at other places to earn extra. He denied her and did not leave Harmandir SAheb for a single day. When time came near he in the Darbar Saheb himself invited all the sangat to attend his daughters wedding that was due 2/3 days after. He knew that he had no money to entertain if the sangat came in large numbers but he had Bharosa on WAHEGURU JI and said to his wife that WAHEGURU JI will take care of everything. He did not move a single glass to get ready for his daughters marriage.

Sikhs from the Saadh Sangat came forward to take different responsibilities for marriage.

Somebody booked a hall, some took care of making arrangements to get best halwai's in the town to prepare guru ka langar, some took care of the DAAJ to be given and no stone was left turned off to make the marriage successfull.

Bhai Surjan Singh Ragi's dauters marriage was such a marriage that not even the richest at that time can perform such a marriage for his daughter. Such was his BHAROSA for the GURU SAHEB he believed in.

So Pyare ji keep up the faith and never ever loose faith.

BHUL CHUK MAAF KARNI JI,

GURU FATEH, GURU RAAKHA.

Harjinder Singh