What Is Wrong With Us

this past sunday June 04, 2006, marked the 22nd anniversary of the of the Martyrdom of the <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Blue_Star>Akal Takhat… </a> and well when I arrived to sangaat at gurdwara, I was late…. Then after hukamnaama and bhog, the secretary does announcements.. strangely there was no announcement of Operation Bluestar, I didn’t make any mention of it to the secretary b/c I thought for sure it probably happened earlier in sangaat….

WRONG

Instead I open my e-mail 8am Monday morning and I get this

<em><h5>Dear Fellow Sikhs,

Twenty years ago yesterday, Sri Durbar Sahib complex was attacked by the Indian Armed Forces and this lead to the destruction of Sri Akal Takhat Sahib. No one mentioned a word about this in the Gurdwara Sahib yesterday and I am equally guilty of this. <b>Just a reminder so that we may never forget this.</b> It is probably alright to forgive but our future generations must be told of what happened.</h5></em>

I couldn’t believe it not a single person in sangaat remembered… its so odd b/c usually every other Sunday someone on the board rants about the politics in sikhi… they usually make announcements after Hukamnaama , but before <a href=http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php?title=Kara_Parshad>Degh</a>.. and that rant usually last for 20 mins… the one I distinctly remember the most is well on the day of Vaisakhi, the secretary gave his speech about “Brahmanism and the khalsa”, he sounded really confused by it, and the bhai sahib did a very sweet katha, on the importance of taking amrit, sadly it was in Punjabi… but the secretary made some highlights in English, but they were mainly forgotten inlieu of the his rants about the “laws of manu”.

Seriously one calls themselves the Sikh of the Guru, but how can you forget about the Martyrdom of the Akal Takhat, The Royal Throne of Waheguru?

I’m reminded by a quote Siri Sahib Ji said about the 1976 Nirankari Incident…

<center><h5><em>"It is a most unfortunate day in the history of the Khalsa. We have our Ministry; we have our Government; we have our Sikh majority. And people have been killed in a most merciless manner. Now things will be covered up. Truth will be totally covered. And this is a very unusual situation which we have to stand. That is why we have sent three representatives to India from here. But there is nothing to investigate. It is a simple fact to find out, and every heart knows what they are doing to us in America, what they are doing to us in Canada, what they tried to do to us in England; and wherever they are, these patits are going to attack us. They may look like Sikhs of the Guru, but their heart is not for the Guru. You can call them anything; they are chips of the same block. Their dedication is not towards the Guru, their dedication is to their personal glorification and personal earthly power." </h5></em> - <b>Siri Singh Sahib Harbhajan Singh Khalsa Yogiji</b></center>

Why can’t we ever get real leaders in Sikhi… I’m also reminded about the words of Bhai Santbir Singh Ji and Siri Sahib… those that can reflect the Shabd Guru, just as the moon reflects the light of the Sun, they are the true leaders of sikhi….

But how come now a days we only have people in power who only reflect their own EGO…. They only want to lead the gurdwara so that they can have something here when they die… don’t these “real” leaders realize that they are hurting us the youth… because we the youth are fed up….

For an Example of what Siri Sahib is saying feel free to check this out... the attachment

post-4014-1149619447_thumb.jpg