Help Me!

we should try and not asscoicate with these people try and stay far away from these people as possible. a sikh shudnt really go to parties and stuff wear there are gonna be these things happening just stay at home

WGJKK

WGJKF

Sangat ji,

In past few weeks am been very upset and have raised my blood pressure so many times as when people around me(a amritdhari) start drinking and eating maas on family gatherings.

The first gathering was at my house and me being a amritdhari didn't offer drinks or booze with fish/meat etc the people <Edited> me off when knowingly asked me how about drinking here. I appolized and said no drinking or eating at my place will be allowed no matter how many people turn away from me on this but no drinks and no meat.

People/relatives started talks in family circle that I was rude in gathering and didn't deal properly with relatives. I agree with them as until the issue of drinking was raised by one of my nearest UNCLE I was kool and realy having great time but I could see the faces of these people and sensed something is fishy going around and eventually they lost their control and one of them(my uncle) came upto me asked about drinking. It was then I lost my control as it spoiled the whole gathering.

I don't know why these elder(s) don't understand that drinking should be abolished alongwith eating maass. They should the one to tell us STOP drinking and EATING meat. But here it is the opposite.

Secondly, whenever I have to go to any gathering, I try to get snacks and food ahead of these people so that I keep my REHAT. It is really disturbing that on these ocassions they will have five different type of non-veg but only samosas for vegetarian or someone like me. And If am just sitting by myself they will comment that am ruining the gathering by staying away when everyone eat and drink.

I really want to get away from such environment and where I can be by myself with my kids, wife and GURU ji SANGAT.

How many of you amritdharis handle situations like this when family eat and drink on such occassions?

Any experienced gursikh here may want to give reference from GURBANI as how to stay on course and survive in this world.

Thanks for reading this post as I always feel relaxed after spelling my anger here and forgive me as I can'i talk to anyone who can understang what am going thru...

WGJKK

WGJKF

I was the only practicing sikh in my family. Luckily all the family and extended were really proud me. They would even take the food out for me before they tucked in which made me happy as it meade me feel they respected me and my Sikhi.

I didn't object to them eating but i did try to expain to them waht Gurbani said on such matters.

It was quite exciting for them, they even said it would be nice to have only langar at the Gurdwara when i was ready for marraige as apposed to a party

This is the mer of Waheguru Ji!

• 1 month later...
Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF!

I know exactly how you feel! Just dont bother going for these type of gatherings, and dnt go 2 parties because it is tottaly against what you believe in. You cant tell them how to live there lives, you can tell them what guru ji said, if they are willing to listen and obey his command then they will stop!

But they will pay for it in the end!

VJKK VJKF!