Bhai Taru Singh

Bhai Taru Singh Shaheed

Sacrifice of Bhai Taru Singh

After Zakria Khan heard that Bhai Taru Singh provides hungry people with food, which included Sikhs who fought against people like Zakria Khan to get Sikhs their freedom. He ordered his forces to arrest Bhai Taru Singh. The Muslim forces arrested him and took him to Zakria Khan's court. Zakria Khan told him to accept Islam or face death.

Bhai Taru Singh refused so the Governor Zakria Khan said that we would cut your hair since you don’t want to become a Muslim. The barber sharpened the scissors to cut Bhai Taru Singh Ji’s hair but the scissors did not cut his hair. Bhai Taru Singh kept on recitin Japji Sahib. The reason why the hair could not be cut was the Japji Sahib and his devotion towards Guru and God.

Then Zakria Khan told Bhai Taru Singh that you are leaving this planet because your skin on your skull will be ripped off since we cannot cut your hair. Bhai Taru Singh stated, “I am not dying alone, you are going ahead of me by getting beat up with shoes.” Then Zakria Khan’s urinating system shut down.

He could not piss, he asked Bhai Subegh Singh who was a contractor at that time to go and ask the Khalsa Panth on how he could get rid of his urine. Khalsa Panth told Bhai Subegh Singh to tell the Shahi forces to take Bhai Taru Singh’s shoes and make him touch it with his head. Zakria Khan told his men to beat him with Bhai Taru Singh’s shoes.

It is said that while Zakria Khan was getting beat up with Bhai Taru Singh’s shoes, he urinated little by little, which gave him comfort. Zakria Khan told his men to beat him harder because of the comfort he was getting. Then on the 21st day since his beating in the head stated, he died due to the soreness in his head.

When Bhai Taru Singh heard about that, he also passed away because he had made a prophecy in which he said to take Zakria Khan ahead of him into God’s court ahead of him with his shoes. This all happened because Bhai Taru Singh did not want his hair to be cut by anyone.

He had accepted dying but not cutting his hair unlike today’s morally ill so-called Sikhs who go to the barber to get their head cut, I mean haircut. Say out loud Satnam Sri Waheguru to show respect for Bhai Taru Singh Ji.

Sikhs to Rescue

Bhai Taru Singh was at one time sitting in front of his well when he saw an old Muslim man coming. Bhai Ji called the old man and asked him to drink water and eat food. Bhai Ji ofered food to anyone who came into contact with him. The old man was hungry indeed since he had been walking for a long time. While he was drinking water, Sikhs came by and the Sikhs were also hungry so they all sat while Bhai Ji got the food ready to serve to them. When Bhai Ji were handing our food (rotis) to the people reached the old man, he started sating at Bhai Taru Singh and then suddenly burst into tears. Bhai Ji asked him what was wrong. He said, “ Everything is wrong. The inspector of my area came to my house and took my daughter with him.” Bhai Ji asked who the inspector was and since the Sikhs were there already, Bhai Ji told the Sikhs what had happened. Sikhs did not appreciate this one bit and told the old man to relax and guaranteed him that his daughter would be rescued and brought back right now. Sikhs put their lives on the line like always and went to rescue his daughter. Sikhs straightened out the inspector and rescued the old man’s daughter and brought her back with her respect intact and gave her back to her old father.

The point is that Bhai Ji always helped people no matter who they were and where they came from.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh