Love/ Arrange Marriage?

4RR

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isnt sikhi all about pyar?

I dont belive that those who have a love marriage are any less intune with God than those with arranged.

Ultimately teh reason why love marriages fail is because people get confused between love and lust. Arranged marriages are just as imperfect as love marriages.

The act of marriage in front of Maharaaj, irrespective of it being love or arranged, is very symbolic in sikhi.

Peacemaker - My personal belief is that sikhi cant be defined by topics, sikhi is our general behaviour our thoughts, our breath.

If something is not a 'sikhi' related topic then are you not saying that sikhi is just another subject like history or english etc.

The more you can assist people the mopre seva you can do - this doesnt mean just in sikhi it means in life - if you can put peoples mind at ease or even give them a different point of view are you not providing a seva?

errr....i guess if both mates are into sikhi a lot then ur sikhi wont get affected rite? grin.gif
Haha...will their Sikhi be affected?? Perhaps not if they're both tyaar bar tyaar, Naam abhyaasi, jyot vigaasi Gursikhs. But I doubt any such Gursikhs would be in that type of situation to begin with.
y not, i know of atleast one couple. both are very chardikala and they wanted to get married. told thier parents n now they are married. another couple got engaged like this as well. i dont get it why do we think that just because 2 people like each other they in it for lust? grin.gif thats not always the case. they might genuinly like each other for who they are :umm: