[shabad] Dharasan Har Dhaekhan Kai Thaaee ||

heart

Vahegurujeekakhalsa Vahegurujeekeefateh

Earlier i was sitting in a class and i was wondering if we could have a topic on Gurbani Vichar. I dont know if this idea will work but at least its a start. I was thinking that the first person could start with a gurbani tuk and then the next person can do vichaar on that tuk/shabad in hopes to inspire someone on this board. Even if the next person wants to do more vichaar of feels the need for more can do so, and when we feel ready move to the next tuk or shabad. I just thought about this becuase gurbani vichaar is something that initself is very strong and powerful but sometimes its nice to do it with sangat to hear different views in order for each us of to understand it from a different light every time..

I will start hoping that this leads on to a great and inspiring thread.. :wub:

raag soohee asattapadheeaa mehalaa 4 ghar 2

Raag Soohee, Ashtpadeeaa, Fourth Mehla, Second House:

ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

koee aan milaavai maeraa preetham piaaraa ho this pehi aap vaechaaee ||1||

If only someone would come, and lead me to meet my Darling Beloved; I would sell myself to him. ||1||

dharasan har dhaekhan kai thaaee ||

I long for the Blessed Vision of the Lord's Darshan.

kirapaa karehi thaa sathigur maelehi har har naam dhhiaaee ||1|| rehaao ||

When the Lord shows Mercy unto me, then I meet the True Guru; I meditate on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. ||1||Pause||

the whole shabad is : http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=2874

Sorry for not putting the gurmukhi font but im not at home right now so the font is inaccessible.

Vaheguru Kirpaa Karnaa.

I think this is great idea. Exactlty what I need. There was a great thread on Tapoban of vichar on entire Jap Ji Sahib (and that's where I got the below vichar from).

So I'll start off with the first pankiti blush.gif : (btw is it right to call it a pankiti, or should you call it the manglacharan?)

ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||

Ik-Oankaar – Vaheguru is one.

Sat – Sathirta-wala yaani ke sattata wala yaani ke one who is stable.

Gur-Prasaad – This word is made up of two words Guru and Prasaad. Gu means darkness and Ru means light.

Gur-prasaad means that “Vaheguru with above qualities is attained through the grace or Parsaad of Guru”.

ok, somebody please do some vichar on

koee aan milaavai maeraa preetham piaaraa ho this pehi aap vaechaaee ||1||

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

in addition to the other singhs post, i wana know what this means, like i love the shabad for some reason but i dont even noe what it means..i heard it in this kirtan cd sum 1 gave me, it gives me this weird adrenaline rush :wub: @ lol i noe it sounds purty stupid..but it starts off as : jabay baan lagayo... i dont wana spell out all of it b/c i might write it wrong, but does anybody noe what im talking about? grin.gif i might sound like a complete <banned word filter activated> at this point but it is right to call it a shabad, right?? i cant believe im posting this blush.gif o well a murakh like me is here to learn from sikhs like u blush.gif

Guest Narinder Singh

in addition to the other singhs post, i wana know what this means, like i love the shabad for some reason but i dont even noe what it means..i heard it in this kirtan cd sum 1 gave me, it gives me this weird adrenaline rush :wub: @ lol i noe it sounds purty stupid..but it starts off as : jabay baan lagayo... i dont wana spell out all of it b/c i might write it wrong, but does anybody noe what im talking about? grin.gif i might sound like a complete <banned word filter activated> at this point but it is right to call it a shabad, right?? i cant believe im posting this blush.gif o well a murakh like me is here to learn from sikhs like u blush.gif

Youre no murakh panji, and the shabad youre talking about is "Jabay baan lageyo, tabai ros jageyo", its by Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj and is absoluely beautiful (like all gurbani).

The shabad "literally" means that when you're struck by an arrow, then you must wake up and rise, im too dumb to know the full meaning of it, anyone else care to add?

Sorry for going off topic.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru J Ki Fateh

This morning i recieved a msg from somebody who wishes to stay unknown, and thats another idea. If anyone doesnt want to reveal themselves but wants to post feel free to either PM me, or a nother member you feel giving your post too. This way anyone can post without the feeling of shyness, etc. So here is the post i recieved.

Vaheguru

Sadh sangat ji for all the galtiaa you are about to read, maaph karna, the following is what very very little this manmukh mann understands by the following pankti

koee aan milaavai maeraa preetham piaaraa ho this pehi aap vaechaaee

Come, if someone would come, and lead me to me Beloved (God, Akaal Purkh, Vaheguru)

I will sell myself to that person, to that person I will become a sacrifice, why? Because only that person can lead you who himself has already reached, who has reached God?the true Gurmukhs who are pure enlightened souls, who japp naam aath pehar. And when you obtain that union then there is no difference, light merges with light, as the drops of water merge back into the sea. So the people who lead you to meet our Beloved are exactly like Him:

jnu nwnku Bgqu dir quil bRhm smsir eyk jIh ikAw bKwnY ]

jan naanak bhagath dhar thul breham samasar eaek jeeh kiaa bakhaanai ||

Your devotees are at Your Door, God - they are just like You. How can servant Nanak describe them with only one tongue?

hW ik bil bil bil bil sd bilhwir ]2]

haa(n) k bal bal bal bal sadh balihaar ||2||

I am a sacrifice, a sacrifice, a sacrifice, a sacrifice, forever a sacrifice to them. ||2||

And that is why to sell yourself to them you would become the ultimate sacrifice.

the shabad below beautifully describes the Lords devotees

slok mÚ 4 ]

salok ma 4 ||

Salok, Fourth Mehla:

siB rs iqn kY irdY hih ijn hir visAw mn mwih ]

sabh ras thin kai ridhai hehi jin har vasiaa man maahi ||

All joy is in the hearts of those, within whose minds the Lord abides.

hir drgih qy muK aujly iqn kau siB dyKx jwih ]

har dharagehi thae mukh oujalae thin ko sabh dhaekhan jaahi ||

In the Court of the Lord, their faces are radiant, and everyone goes to see them.

ijn inrBau nwmu iDAwieAw iqn kau Bau koeI nwih ]

jin nirabho naam dhhiaaeiaa thin ko bho koee naahi ||

Those who meditate on the Name of the Fearless Lord have no fear.

hir auqmu iqnI sryivAw ijn kau Duir iliKAw Awih ]

har outham thinee saraeviaa jin ko dhhur likhiaa aahi ||

Those who have such pre-destined destiny remember the Sublime Lord.

qy hir drgih pYnweIAih ijn hir vuTw mn mwih ]

thae har dharagehi painaaeeahi jin har vut(h)aa man maahi ||

Those, within whose minds the Lord abides, are robed with honor in the Court of the Lord.

Eie Awip qry sB kutMb isau iqn ipCY sBu jgqu Cfwih ]

oue aap tharae sabh <admin-profanity filter activated>(n)b sio thin pishhai sabh jagath shhaddaahi ||

They are carried across, along with all their family, and the whole world is saved along with them.

jn nwnk kau hir myil jn iqn vyiK vyiK hm jIvwih ]1]

jan naanak ko har mael jan thin vaekh vaekh ham jeevaahi ||1||

O Lord, please unite servant Nanak with Your humble servants; beholding them, beholding them, I live. ||1||

become a sacrifice, sell yourself to those Gurmukhs who jaap naam and so inspire others to do and in doing so lead us merge with our Preetam Piaara

sadh sangat ji for all the galtia i have made, mapph karna, Gurbani is so deep that this moorakh mind cannot comprehend its meaning, forgive me for such a feeble attempt.