Punj Pyares

Jkaur

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Pyare jio, I have written a mail before which covered this whole punj pyares, and bibi debate. I think it was quite concise and finished the debate.

As far as how someone is chosen. This is very specific and unfortunately rarely practised. In fact, I myself, have only seen AKJ do this, this does mean to others do not, but just showing how rare it is. Most of the time, they just pick anyone. In Gurdwaras, a few times, I have been approached, and been told to Perehdaar de seva, because apparently I have the right build. And pardaans and commitee members become the Panj because they think themselves superior anyway. I have always refused, as I think it makes a mockery of the whole thing.

This is how it should be done: It is called Soodh Sudahi.

When a amrit sanchaar is due, an annoucement is made in the sangat, completely open to everyone. The sangat then nominates Gursikhs that are considered worthy of seva according to their jeevan, abyass, seva, etc. A list is made of these nominations.

There names are readout and they are called on the day. The seva can only done by Gursikhs who`s record is exemplary, and have never done wrong. If anyone outside can point a finger at any of them, then they are not worthy of seva. So when names are read out, if anyone in the sangat has any objections, the can inform the sevadaars.

The candidates are called in the room on the day. Usually at 12 o`clock Amrit vela, but time is not fixed and will vary depending on smagam. They are sit in the room, with Sahib Siri Guru Granth sahib Parkash. There can be any number from 8-40, depending on numbe

r of nominations. Their age, background, gender, etc, are all irrelevant. The only relevant thing is their jeevan.

The sangat then spends a few hours doing naam abyass together. After doing Amrit vela, they do nitnem together.

Then one Gursikh is choosen to do Chaur sahib de seva, and conduct events. This Gursikh is mutually choosen from the sangat. He informs everyone, that everything that is said in that room is forever to stay in there, and gupt.

One by one each Gursikh is peshed in front of Maharaj, and fully questioned on their jeevan. Usually questions are asked by the Gursikh on the tabia, but anyone in sangat is also free to ask anything. The Gursikh being peshed has to answer fully and honestly. They are questioned on their jeevan, amrit vela, amount of bani they read, any kurehits or weaknesses. If any has ever done a kurehit, they cannot do seva, and are not not nominated. Questions may also include daswand, seva, family life, and anything else the sangat deems necassary.

After each person is peshed, then the Gursikh on the tabia, has their turn, and is peshed, and another gursikh takes his place on the tabia. Once everyone is peshed, the whole sangat comes to a mutual decision. Everyones jeevan is clearly in front of them, strengths and weaknesses.

After mutual discussion, the sangat chooses the five with the highest jeevans for seva in the Punj Pyares. ideally they should all be Puran Gursikhs. Next highest jeevan is selected to Chaur sahib, and seva of Guru Maharaj. The next person is selected for Peredhar de seva, at the door. The next highest is selected to make the degh. Further Gursikhs are selected for assisting the new ablakhees to get prepared, and to do abyass with them after they have recieved naam.

The rest are told to never mention anything in that room, outside of it, and they return to the sangat. They all do do ardas, then the Amrit Sanchaar begins.

What happens in the Amrit sanchaar is gupt. Those doing seva in the Panj, are onl

y the Panj when in the Amrit sanchaar. Once they leave it, they should never be treated differently outside. They are just Gursikhs.

That basically covers it, I hope it was helpful.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!