The Significance

SikherOfTheNaam

WJKK WJKF!

Hi evry1, i was talking to Rajan about Sikhism again today and the question that i brought up was the significance of Karah Parshad? I understand that it is a blessing and i've heard the story of where it came from it's just i dont understand why we recieve it?

I would appreciate it if you could help me please.

Many thanks

Khalsa123 :e:

i'll explain the practcial aspect. maybe someone else can explain the spiritual aspect.

these days we have cars so it dont take that long to goto gurudwara. buh in the old days sometimes it would take people the whole day or more to go visit guru ghar. so when they come in to matha tek, take degh and thats ur food for 2+ hours. sit there in listen to bani without worrying about hunger :TH:

plus as we all know, degh tastes real good :D yummyyyyyyyyy tongue.gif

o n bhai harjinder singh srinagar wale always says that karah prashaad is quite nutritious.

PARSHAAD means GRACE (Blessings).

Parshaad is something which we RECEIVE. It is the PHYSICAL BLESSING of Guru Sahib.

According to the Dharam Parchaar Committee, Sri Amritsar Sahib, whenever Ardaas is to be done followed by a Hukamnama from Guru Sahib, Karhaah Parshaad is prepared (note: according to Gur Maryada, Karhah Parshaad when prepared should be brought in Guru Granth Sahib jee's hazooree (presence) and 6 stanzas of Anand Sahib should be read before Ardaas happens). The Guru BLESSES the Karhah Parshaad and ACCEPTS it to be served to the Sangat as his physical blessing through the HUKAMNAMA. Therefore, after the Hukamnama is read then then Karhah Parshaad is tucked with a Sarbloh Kirpaan (which a symbol and manifestation of the Power of God).

Everyone listens to the Hukamnama or reads it on the board (if you come later on). After hearing or reading the Hukamnama the devotee takes Parshaad as a PHYSICAL ACCEPTANCE that he or she has (i) HEARD the Guru's Hukam, (ii) ACCEPT the Hukam and (iii) will STRIVE to implement the Hukam in their life.

Therefore, as well as being a PHYSICAL BLESSINGS of the Guru the Karhah Parshaad has a deep reverence in regards to ACCEPTING and have a willingness to STRIVE to implement the GURU'S ORDER in one's life.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.