Punjabi Sign At Southall Station

JarnailS

freshies? thas how u treat ure own people?

people like u that <admin-profanity filter activated> disgust me

its people like u that digrace our communtiy

our community shud stay together and then people will respect us

i have nothing but respect for those who at least rmeebr our culture a bit

english shud be learnt

but ure comments one of the worst ive herd

ure loyalties to britian and less to the quam u come from

nice

totally disgraceful

people like u were the one who betrayed us during end of maharaja ranjit singhs times

go be some goras pet

Maybe if you stop jumping to conclusions we can have a sensible debate. You are not discussing what the OP was about, but you are merely attacking me because I used the word 'freshie' which I have heard used by many people. Do you even know what it means? It is slang for immigrant. There is no harm in it. If I have offended you then I apologise.

It is not about culture or Sikhism. Just because I have a different view to you does not mean I am wrong or right. It is my opinion.

ure loyalties to britian and less to the quam u come from

Explain yourself to me how you came to that conclusion (and the rest of the stuff).

sher-e-moreau: I understand what you are trying to say buddy. For elderly people it is a different matter. I'm talking about the the younger/middle-aged people that can and should learn the language of the country.

My gran's been here more that 40 years - can barely read a letter in the english alphabet.... To be fair I think she was lazy in not learning...sure she's elderly NOW but when she was younger she could have learnt. I think people coming over are taking it for granted, not even botherin to TRY and learn cos they simply don't need to in places like Southall etc.

I know people from places like Spain and other non-asian countries who DO try and learn the language...why are we so lazy that we move to a country and don't even bother to try and learn the language? When I went to Punjab, I at least brushed up on my Punjabi reading skills.

It's simply down to laziness with a lot of people...not all of them, but a lot of them....lol

nothing wrong.....

do u guyz like it when sikh youngsters cant punjabi but just english???

if u dont speak up against them for not learning punjabi then dont talk against '''freshies''' not learning english!

No I don't like it. Punjabi is our mother tongue and should be learnt. Parents are to blame for that, not the kids.

Edit: This will be my last post in this thread. It's not like a proper discussion can be had with this.

singhson

the use of the word freshie did tick me off cuz i never let anyone new from punjab ever get bothered by people who grew up here thinking theyre "modern" or something

even though they wont say it, its the message u send thru ure actins and words

maybe i misunderstood ure message

myabe u were saying that we shud learn english

i agree, we shud, commuinicaation is important

but punjabi comes first before english

my point was to many of our people do make fun of immgrants from punjab calling em ref or freshi

these people have the biggest hearts and are the first ones to actually do somehting if something happens

and most important oif all, they our brothers

ive seen some desi here who made fun of "refs", until they got their teeth knocked in

we shud concentrate on getting people who grew yp in canada, usa, etc. to learn more punjabi and more of our history

bcs a mess because so many punjabis thnk theyre white

were sikhs, and most of us r punjabi

we gotta stick together, is just donbt like seeing one of our own attacking anothr of ours for being what they SHUD be